There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good and Bad about WildFact - Need your suggestions

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

@sanjay do you think that it would be possible to add an option to embed TikTok videos? There's a lot of great content there to discuss here and I think that having direct access to the videos would facilitate discussions. I also think that TikTok would be a good platform to promote WF, but that's another conversation.

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
( This post was last modified: 11-01-2020, 09:00 AM by sanjay )

Ok, I tried
But since TikTok is banned in many country, videos will not play.

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

@sanjay we can try with this link perhaps, just to see if it works: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSCwrdHf/

If you're able to embed it then we will be able to see who can or cannot see it. I know it's banned in India so I understand if you aren't able to properly integrate the videos from the platform into the forum.

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

I tried your link, but got notfound page with message that It has been banned by Indian gov.

It is banned in Indonesia and Bangladesh also. US is discussing to ban it.

Though, I can implement but it will make more chaos among visitors with time.
I would suggest you download it and upload it to some youtube account and them embed. Can do same thing on facebook.
1 user Likes sanjay's post

Malaysia scilover Offline
Rainbow 

It is good because it can help me to better understand the animals on this earth. Apart from that, I can also add knowledge and share the knowledge that I have in this forum.
2 users Like scilover's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 08-04-2021, 07:59 PM by Rishi )

@sanjay any chance this platform supports a # system?.. That would be a great way to search the forum for specific posts in future (presently not so great).

Eg: #Umarpani

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

@Rishi @sanjay the search results only go back 5 pages even if there is more information on what has been searched. Can you make it to include all results and also search should be expanded to characters less than 4 characters. Like, if someone wants to search T3, that search right now is invalid. 

Cheers.

Matias Offline

Friends,

I'm going to make a polite complaint, aiming a bit at Wildfact's old layout rescue, given the high number of advertising.

I don't see any problem with the advertisements on the forum. And I agree that those who have given their time and dedication will be rewarded for the hard work of implementing and managing a forum with the best intentions. So, I make it clear that I'm not against it.

It turns out that WildFact should better order and place where advertisements appear. It's unpleasant to see that in the middle of a post we have to skip advertising to continue reading. If the post is long, several advertisements appear - the site gets polluted due to the amount and intensity of advertising. It's not a bother to receive advertisements at the top, bottom or side of the page, but in the center of messages is not good. Advertisements must not take over the site, they must blend with it in a harmonious and smooth way, without participating in the development of topics.

In order to add greater value to our forum, I address the issue above, and appreciate for being part of this group.

Best regards to all,

Matias
2 users Like Matias's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Hello Matias,
Actually ads is in control of Google. We are not controlling where to place it and where not. We only allowed google to show ads. Google now days has gone aggressive in showing ads not only on this forum but on other website as well. I think this could be due to increasing competition for Google.
Though I will try to explore more option in future and will try to see a better solution. And again sorry for the trouble but thanks for being a valuable member on WildFact.
3 users Like sanjay's post

Matias Offline

@sanjay 

I really don't know how to identify or control this better so that my experience on the site is not hindered by the banners. I thought the site had control over these constant appearances, and that this was extended to all members.

Thank you for your enlightening response and I know how hard you all strive to offer the best for everyone.

Regards,

Matias
1 user Likes Matias's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Any possibility of allowing embeds from a site like streamable? It would be nice to be able to quickly embed short videos like instagram stories without having to go through the youtube upload system

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

@Tonpa
I Just saw Streamable. As per my understanding, it is for those who own videos and want to host there. We don't have our own videos, we mostly sharing of videos from YouTube, Instagram, Twitter etc.

If some of our member is uploading there video on Streamable and wants to embed them here, then they can contact me and I will try to implement that functionality here.

Let me know if my presumption is wrong?

Maldives acutidens150 Offline
Banned

It's a very good website.

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Its essentially the same as youtube, just allows for quicker uploads.

Right now we have no way to embed instagram stories, and they self delete after 24 hours so that information is lost. It would be awesome to have some sort of way to re-upload them so they can be shared on the forum.

Alternatively we could use imgur, that might be the better option since they support upto 60 second long videos now, would it be possible to enable imgur video embeds? 

Heres a video for testing   htt
ps://imgur.com/CQJKyG6
https://imgur.com/CQJKyG6

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Imgur option is possible, but there is limitation. It will not play on WildFact. When the user will click on it, he/she will be redirected to imgur site where the original video will play. On WildFact, it will look like below.

*This image is copyright of its original author
1 user Likes sanjay's post