There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good and Bad about WildFact - Need your suggestions

Rishi Offline
Moderators

(08-07-2020, 09:42 AM)Balam Wrote: @Rishi 
*This image is copyright of its original author

@sanjay this is what I mentioned to you few days ago... Apparently other people are facing it too.

So, most probably not due to internet speed.

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
( This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 02:22 PM by sanjay )

@Balam  and @peter

The problem related to "Latest replied" is known issue and it happens occasionally. This part is loaded asynchronously via a technique known as "Ajax". Sometime ajax failed to fetch the data and it get stuck. This happens more in slow internet connection.
You should close the browser and try again and see if that work, If it still fail then check for your internet speed on fast.com

I am thinking of removing the Ajax technique in future

Peter, regarding your videos problem, this is from YouTube videos, The uploader's generally link some of their other vidoes at the end, sometime YouTube also suggest videos while the video you are watching still on the go.
3 users Like sanjay's post

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 08-07-2020, 04:44 PM by peter )

Thanks Sanjay. 

I recently upgraded the contract with the telecomprovider. They say I now have the fastest type. 

A neighbour (a photographer who knows our site well and has a site with great pictures himself) recently upgraded and severely cleaned the old computer. He adviced against buying a new one and said it's more than good enough for what I do. Same for the screen. I'll ask him to contact you regarding the speed of the PC.

As to the video remark. It's a very recent problem I also face on other sites I visit. Could be youtube, as they, like Google (referring to ads), seem to be experimenting all the time. For this reason, I can't wait to start with the per-per-view section. 

We have a serious heatwave over here. Could last for another week.

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Does it remain constant ?
I mean if you refresh the page 2-3 times, you still see that "Latest replied" is not loading? (This question is with everyone, who is facing this problem)

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

(08-07-2020, 08:45 PM)sanjay Wrote: Does it remain constant ?
I mean if you refresh the page 2-3 times, you still see that "Latest replied" is not loading? (This question is with everyone, who is facing this problem)

In my case yes, but it has been a recent issue and it only happens on mobile for me regardless of the browser, so that's how I know it's not an internet speed issue.
1 user Likes Balam's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

(08-07-2020, 08:45 PM)sanjay Wrote: Does it remain constant ?

Yes.

I use mobile version on my tab. I've tried reloading, clearing cookies to log-in again & switching to desktop mode. No change.
My Internet is usually pretty fast in the mornings. No effect.
1 user Likes Rishi's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

@sanjay @Rishi 
Yeah, I have had this issue for quite some time, but, I thought I was the only one. The way to get around it is you log in and then log out, and then that page has the latest replied part of the page. Nothing to do with speed. I am on a network with speed of 50Mbps.

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 08-08-2020, 07:05 AM by Rishi )

(08-07-2020, 11:23 PM)Ashutosh Wrote: @sanjay @Rishi 
Yeah, I have had this issue for quite some time, but, I thought I was the only one. The way to get around it is you log in and then log out, and then that page has the latest replied part of the page. Nothing to do with speed. I am on a network with speed of 50Mbps.

Yup, you're right!.. Logging out works. But the moment you login it is gone again.

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

All,
I have fixed the problem. Please see it and confirm. If you are still seeing, try to remove browser cache.
3 users Like sanjay's post

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 08-10-2020, 04:47 PM by Dark Jaguar )

@sanjay

I was just about to send a post here on the issues of latest replies not appearing on my Desk Computer.

I only access it through Desk Computer though not by phones.

But now its working fine thanks. and as soon as I noticed it was good I had a feeling you worked on fixing it in this exact moment.

Thanks again.

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

@Dark Jaguar Ha ha.. coincidence
1 user Likes sanjay's post

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 08:15 PM by TheNormalGuy )

[attachment=4124]

Is this site securized at all time ? Cause often i load wildfact and it isn't securized. This is a problem for me. @sanjay

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

I am sorry, I couldn't get you. Also, the image is not coming properly.
Can you elaborate a little bit more?

TheNormalGuy Offline
Wolf Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 08-31-2020, 10:26 PM by TheNormalGuy )

When you are on the main page, it isn’t securized. It it securized everywhere else.

Edit : Seems fixed !

Malaysia scilover Offline

(08-07-2020, 11:07 AM)Rishi Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 09:42 AM)Balam Wrote: @Rishi 

@sanjay this is what  I mentioned to you few days ago... Apparently other people are facing it too.

So, most probably not due to internet speed.

i also face the problem before, but now it is okay already