There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The Charleston Males

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators

They have 2 older sons not seen in a while. But they have some younger sons seen not long ago
8 users Like Brahimlegend's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

A little throwback with the two Charleston males. Absolutely beasts of the Sabi Sands

*This image is copyright of its original author
11 users Like Timbavati's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(03-16-2023, 06:56 PM)Timbavati Wrote: A little throwback with the two Charleston males. Absolutely beasts of the Sabi Sands

Mazino looks even bigger than BB in this photo, the size difference must have been smaller than I had previous thought.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-17-2023, 04:09 AM by Tr1x24 )

(03-16-2023, 11:51 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Mazino looks even bigger than BB in this photo, the size difference must have been smaller than I had previous thought.

Photo and camera angle.

Big Boy was visible bigger then Mazino.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The mighty Big Boy Charleston
Photo credits: Pavir Patel

7 users Like Timbavati's post

BigLion39 Offline

From the pics I have seen Big Boy was substantially larger than Mazino!  Very big lion.
3 users Like BigLion39's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(03-23-2023, 12:43 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: From the pics I have seen Big Boy was substantially larger than Mazino!  Very big lion.

He was definitely a big specimen!
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-02-2024, 10:21 AM by Mapokser )

I'm finishing reading this thread and I've to say, what an amazing duo. They were huge, fierce and powerful, a shame Mazino died relatively quickly, otherwise they could have done much more. Also from the information given, it seems the KNP are clearly the fathers, not the Toulons.

I'm reading though the page where the members are talking about how strong of a duo they were, saying even S.Matimbas may not be enough to take them on. Particularly I'd put them around the same level as S.Matimbas, but not quite as strong since Matimbas mostly faced stronger coalitions and still did incredibly well ( like against 5 Bboys and 3-4 Majingilanes ). Still I put these 2 alongside the Mlowathi Mapogos as the strongest, with the only other duo stronger than this trio of coalitions, IMO, being the 2 Mbiris which are out of this world.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The Charleston males were really a fierce duo, strong, healthy and in their prime - Very dark-maned male lions. They always had a big bond each-other, which leaded to the duo of being a successful
6 users Like Timbavati's post

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators

Son of Charleston males seen a few days ago near Kruger gate.
Credit: Stefanie Schnerch

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like Brahimlegend's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Wow they have a son? How old is he?

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 02-15-2024, 11:39 PM by Brahimlegend )

Yeah there's 2 boys this age around 3. And maybe some slightly younger
3 users Like Brahimlegend's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(02-15-2024, 11:37 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Yeah there's 2 boys this age around 3. And maybe some slightly younger

Any word of older sons? Nothing on them for ages.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators

Yeah nothing on oldest ones in long time
2 users Like Brahimlegend's post

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators

The 2 Oldest sons of Charleston males seen recently after two and a half years. They rule a small pride now in the Mlambane area.
Sightings by Philipp & Rodney Xolile Nombekana

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like Brahimlegend's post