There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
The Birmingham Males

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

I would like everyone to move on from this discussion.
6 users Like Lycaon's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

I apologize to @Abomai if he found any my words "rude" or "disrespected", but you cant argue or claim something without putting your evidence out, on my 2nd reply to you I gave you pictures, then later on few videos etc.. I said numerous times, post your evidence and i would gladly see it and will accept it if you are right, but you didn't.. What did you expect from me, to say that you are right out of nothing? Cmon. 

As majority of you guys say,it doesnt matter who is bigger, agree, they are all lions, but from another standpoint, or atleast for me, as lion lover, it is pretty important to know how exactly was, how will these lions will be remembered, their caracteristics, dynamics, stories, everything, i want to know, and other people to know how it actually was.. 

Sorry @Lycaon i needed to post this, I'll move on..
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Salman B.A.M Offline

(07-20-2021, 09:24 PM)Lycaon Wrote: I would like everyone to move on from this discussion.

Thank you. It was getting a bit childish in the end. I enjoyed the topic and pics. But badgering someone into submission on internet never impresses anyone.
1 user Likes Salman B.A.M's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

Great recent shot of the last two of the five Gowrie/Birmingham males Tinyo & Nhenha who have long been a striking force in all of the Sabi Sands and also caused the death of the Othawa male two months ago, but everything has an end. The two Northern Avoca males were seen many times challenging these kings and they clashed some time ago also one of the Avoca males was seen killing one of their own cubs of .. Whatever dynamics will change, but it does not change that they are true legends.

Sabi Sands, South Africa.
Photographer Credit
To follow & for print: @gameranger_rob
10 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

6 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Venezuela titose Offline

Outstanding portrait of the majestic Nhenha king of the Birmingham males, Sabi Sands Game Reserve!
#SabiSands #BirminghamMales
By Lauren Cohen

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like titose's post

United States Xiku_kutsu Offline

A bitter-sweet video as this was the last time we viewed all 5 cubs. The following day, in the same area, a Northern Avoca male killed 2 of the cubs.

10 users Like Xiku_kutsu's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-25-2021, 09:43 AM)Xiku_kutsu Wrote: A bitter-sweet video as this was the last time we viewed all 5 cubs. The following day, in the same area, a Northern Avoca male killed 2 of the cubs.

Unfortunately Tinyo is not looking any better, in this state he is pretty much no use for Nhenha against Avocas.. 

It looks like Avocas patience and "time play" payed of, as with decreasing Tinyo they have upper hand now and i dont see scenario where they dont takeover Kambulas now..

As for Nhenha and Tinyo, i think they wont fight for Kambula pride at this point, and just retreat and stick with Kambula subadults/breakeaway's for time being.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Mohawk4 Offline

i dont think that he is in very bad shape but you are right about the clock...is working for Avocas
Also is the circumstances that will play a role...If BB find only one Avoca the game will change we dont know how will go...
2 users Like Mohawk4's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-25-2021, 03:23 PM)Mohawk4 Wrote: i dont think that he is in very bad shape but you are right about the clock...is working for Avocas
Also is the circumstances that will play a role...If BB find only one Avoca the game will change we dont know how will go...

Problem is that i think Tinyo will not dare to fight in that condition (his condition will prob get only worse tbh) and Nhenha cant win 1 vs 2, so yea..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Ultimately its a confidence game. 

Right now neither side has a the confidence to attack the other. 
But with each roar, peeing or clawing they do on new territory. And each lioness they mate with or cub they kill. The Avoca confidence surges and the Birmingham ones takes a hit.

Right now they still have land and a pride to shelter at. Which ultimately is the big prize everyone is after. 
But at one point its going to be fight or flee for them. If their confidence gets shot too low. They likely will just flee.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Spain Calvitoo Offline

(07-25-2021, 03:49 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 03:23 PM)Mohawk4 Wrote: i dont think that he is in very bad shape but you are right about the clock...is working for Avocas

Problem is that i think Tinyo will not dare to fight in that condition (his condition will prob get only worse tbh) and Nhenha cant win 1 vs 2, so yea..

but that was earlier the day before because the next morning Tinyo and Nhenha were in good condition. Now he could fight one of the Avocas is in better condition.
1 user Likes Calvitoo's post

Australia 1999gc8 Offline

(07-25-2021, 05:41 PM)Calvitoo Wrote:

but that was earlier the day before because the next morning Tinyo and Nhenha were in good condition. Now he could fight one of the Avocas is in better condition.

Was there any footage of Tinyo walking better on his injured leg?
1 user Likes 1999gc8's post

Spain Calvitoo Offline

(07-26-2021, 04:49 AM)1999gc8 Wrote:
(07-25-2021, 05:41 PM)Calvitoo Wrote:

Was there any footage of Tinyo walking better on his injured leg?
no, but he is in better condition than in the last recording and he is not the only lame, Blondie is also lame and the difference is that Tinyo is better prepared to fight, he is bigger, more aggressive and more experienced, in a confrontation the Avocas do not have nothing to do against the Birmingham.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-26-2021, 04:13 PM)Calvitoo Wrote: Was there any footage of Tinyo walking better on his injured leg?
no, but he is in better condition than in the last recording and he is not the only lame, Blondie is also lame and the difference is that Tinyo is better prepared to fight, he is bigger, more aggressive and more experienced, in a confrontation the Avocas do not have nothing to do against the Birmingham.

Where you got info that Tinyo is better? .. On the latest pictures/sightings he still looks very thin..

In this condition, theres no way he is prepared for fight, aggression and experience hardly matter when lion is old and in no condition for fight..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post