There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Talamati/Msuthu Pride

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(08-14-2022, 03:30 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Does S8 control just the breakaway group, and if so who is considered pride male<s> of the main pride? It doesn't seem DM is at the moment. Yet, he does seem to be trailing them at times. We still have no idea who the two males were that chased the Imbali male, as far as I can tell, and given the condition of DM for awhile now, I am not sure it was him. A lot of moving parts around this pride currently.

It's basically male-less I guess. Silver eye and the other old girl seem to have had their last oestrus in 2018. And the younger girls haven't had their first yet (except the one). No real incentive for any males to try and gain control of it
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-14-2022, 06:15 PM by lionuk )

S8 male and one of the Talamati breakaway females, daughter of the Selati males. That means she's likely have lost her new cubs. 
Credit: Simeon

*This image is copyright of its original author
9 users Like lionuk's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(08-14-2022, 03:51 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Is DM the one leaking his back??
3 users Like afortich's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(08-14-2022, 10:35 PM)afortich Wrote:

Yeah, that's DM. I'm really glad he's with the pride, now if he can keep up.
6 users Like BA0701's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-15-2022, 12:17 AM by afortich )

(08-15-2022, 12:07 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(08-14-2022, 10:35 PM)afortich Wrote:

Yeah, that's DM. I'm really glad he's with the pride, now if he can keep up.

Nice!! I still got faith that DM could be Ok for a length of time.
8 users Like afortich's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Any recent sightings of the older female? Not silver eye.
3 users Like Tonpa's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(08-15-2022, 06:51 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Any recent sightings of the older female? Not silver eye.

I believe she was seen with a few sub females and the 2 sub males a few weeks back
6 users Like Mdz123's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Hoping to get something more recent, not seeing her in the past weeks sightings.

The now cub-less Talamati Breakaway Female

Photo by Marco Filippini
7 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Clipped ear alone in central Djuma this morning. About 400m from where Dark Mane was seen walking on the Dam Cam last night.

6 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-16-2022, 08:43 PM by Tonpa )

The cub-less Talamati breakaway female and the S8 Male sleeping in northern Djuma on the boundary

7 users Like Tonpa's post

Contributor

7 users Like afortich's post

Contributor

7 users Like afortich's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 08-17-2022, 05:41 AM by Timbavati )

(08-17-2022, 05:20 AM)afortich Wrote:

The S8/Imbali male is all what the Talamati females have been needed in the last time. An strong and healthy male. I hope this beast could left his offspring in the Talamati pride. Would be good has some new bloodline in the area. He turned into a massive beast, He was quite skittish when we saw him by first in the Manyeleti, Hamiltons and surroundings.
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Breakaway cub 

2 users Like Tonpa's post