There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Talamati/Msuthu Pride

United States afortich Online
Contributor

Talamatis love Dark Mane!

7 users Like afortich's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-09-2022, 12:43 AM)afortich Wrote: Talamatis love Dark Mane!

Glad to see Dark-maned doing well with the Talamati boys and the pride. He has lost a lot of mane, either stress or not feeding very well in the past months. I hope his mane starts to fill up again. 
Regarding the S8/Imbali male. How he is doing with the Talamati breakaway pride?
4 users Like Timbavati's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-09-2022, 05:35 AM by afortich )

(08-09-2022, 05:12 AM)Timbavati Wrote:

Glad to see Dark-maned doing well with the Talamati boys and the pride. He has lost a lot of mane, either stress or not feeding very well in the past months. I hope his mane starts to fill up again. 
Regarding the S8/Imbali male. How he is doing with the Talamati breakaway pride?

If I say something wrong, someone please correct me. Recently S8 was doing ok with the breakaway talamatis.
It appears that there was an encounter between DM and S8 because S8 infringed the area where DM was with the talamatis. DM didn't run this time but S8 had to run away.
A week later, S8 was chased by two unidentified lions, one was older and the other was younger.
More or less this is an update for the last 4 to 6 weeks buddy.
4 users Like afortich's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-09-2022, 05:26 AM)afortich Wrote:

If I say something wrong, someone please correct me. Recently S8 was doing ok with the breakaway talamatis.
It appears that there was an encounter between DM and S8 because S8 infringed the area where DM was with the talamatis. DM didn't run this time but S8 had to run away.
A week later, S8 was chased by two unidentified lions, one was older and the other was younger.

Thank you very much my friend. Lion dynamics is getting very interesting in the Sabi Sands this time. The S8 is such a gorgeous specimen, a big and bulky male lion. It's quite interesting that the S8 male was chased off by DM and he didn't confront him, considering he is on better condition (Since DM has a limp)
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-09-2022, 05:48 AM by afortich )

(08-09-2022, 05:41 AM)Timbavati Wrote:
(08-09-2022, 05:26 AM)afortich Wrote:

Thank you very much my friend. Lion dynamics is getting very interesting in the Sabi Sands this time. The S8 is such a gorgeous specimen, a big and bulky male lion. It's quite interesting that the S8 male was chased off by DM and he didn't confront him, considering he is on better condition (Since DM has a limp)
You're very welcome bro. You're right about S8.
Actually, in the latest videos of DM, he is barely limping. 
It seems that the time away from talamatis made him to reset himself.
5 users Like afortich's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Clipped ear female and the 2:2 Male

8 users Like Tonpa's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-10-2022, 04:50 AM by criollo2mil )

Talamati Breakaway Cubs.  I count six?

I believe there we’re supposed to be eight?  

Not all lionesses here so there’s a chance the others are with the remainder of lionesses 

Edit:   I need to have my coffee and get new eyeglasses.   But it’s two lionesses 5 cubbies.   The two larger litters.   The small litter of three is not here.
8 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Talamati Lioness by Kel Kaiser

9 users Like Tonpa's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

2/2 Talamati YMs

8 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Can't tell who this is, the third talamati breakaway female back into oestrus?

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Same girl? 

*This image is copyright of its original author

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-14-2022, 02:41 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Same girl? 

Yes, same lioness in both pics.
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Sad, seems she lost her litter born last month.
5 users Like Tonpa's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

Does S8 control just the breakaway group, and if so who is considered pride male<s> of the main pride? It doesn't seem DM is at the moment. Yet, he does seem to be trailing them at times. We still have no idea who the two males were that chased the Imbali male, as far as I can tell, and given the condition of DM for awhile now, I am not sure it was him. A lot of moving parts around this pride currently.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

The pride knows they don't have much to fear from DM and still wants to use the part of their territory that he currently controls. But I doubt that the pride has any confidence in him being able to hang on for much longer. Which makes him a bad candidate for mating.

So lionesses are starting to split off and seek out the PCmales, S8 males or whoever else they gamble will be the future dominant coalition in their territory for that.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post