There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Talamati/Msuthu Pride

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-22-2022, 11:35 PM)Tonpa Wrote: "Talamati Male showing off his handsome looks!"

This DM/Orange Eyed Talamati young male is very similar to previous Talamati young males sired by Selatis, wonder if they have same mothers.
8 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Silver eye in Singita by Victoria W 

*This image is copyright of its original author
10 users Like Tonpa's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Talamati young males sired by the Selati males. They were also with the Southern young male- 3rd male
Pictures taken in Feb 2020
Credit: Noah White

8 users Like lionuk's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(06-22-2022, 11:35 PM)Tonpa Wrote: "Talamati Male showing off his handsome looks!"

Just to double check, this handsome youngster was sired by DM Avoca, right??
2 users Like afortich's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-24-2022, 12:49 AM by Tr1x24 )

(06-24-2022, 12:26 AM)afortich Wrote: Just to double check, this handsome youngster was sired by DM Avoca, right??

By the look of the face, i dont think so, prob Mohawk or Blondie. 

Other one, Blonde one, is probably by DM, he has the same face.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(06-24-2022, 12:26 AM)afortich Wrote:

Just to double check, this handsome youngster was sired by DM Avoca, right??

Nobody knows, all three avocas mated with the talamatis
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Here i found picture of young DM (right), from late 2016, compared to Blonded Talamati son (left) , roughly at the same age:

Blonde one is definitely his son.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor

(06-24-2022, 12:42 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Here i found picture of young DM (right), from late 2016, compared to Blonded Talamati son (left) , roughly at the same age:

You're right, he does not look like DM.

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-24-2022, 01:42 AM by Mdz123 )

(06-24-2022, 12:58 AM)1 afortich Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 12:42 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Here i found picture of young DM (right), from late 2016, compared to Blonded Talamati son (left) , roughly at the same age:

I think you misunderstod it, the Blonde mane son is definitely DM’s son as they look the same, and I believe the other son was sired by Mohawk
2 users Like Mdz123's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

8 users Like Tonpa's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Both Talamati males look a lot like DM Avoca.
3 users Like Potato's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-24-2022, 04:15 AM by afortich )

(06-24-2022, 01:24 AM)Mdz123 Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 12:58 AM)1  afortich Wrote:

I think you misunderstod it, the Blonde mane son is definitely DM’s son as they look the same, and I believe the other son was sired by Mohawk

To be honest, I am not that good at identifying lions, all their faces look very alike to me :)
I just compared some of the lines in the picture and thought may not be alike.
3 users Like afortich's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 06-24-2022, 07:32 AM by DARK MANE )

(06-24-2022, 04:12 AM)afortich Wrote: To be honest, I am not that good at identifying lions, all their faces look very alike to me :)
I just compared some of the lines in the picture and thought may not be alike.
Same with me. 
I can only identify nhenha, HB matimba, scar nose majinglanis etc who clearly have some differences
3 users Like DARK MANE's post

South Africa Wyld@Heart Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-24-2022, 09:04 AM by Wyld@Heart Edit Reason: Grammar )

(06-24-2022, 01:24 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: I believe the other son was sired by Mohawk
This is a line that has been going around by a poster on here, Mohawk 2.0, and there's more than whiff of confirmation bias about it i.e. Mohawk had a mohawk, he was named Mohawk, this lion has a mohawk, Mohawk was around and about with this pride at some point thus presto, Mohawk 2.0.

Judging a lions paternity by the development of its mane is... troublesome. By that metric half of the sub adult males in the Kruger will be Mohawk 2.0's.
1 user Likes Wyld@Heart's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Yeah, one person says Mohawk 2.0, another says Blondie and another says DM. Trying to judge paternity by looks should be kept as a bit of fun but shouldn't be taken seriously. It's not a valid metric in the human world and shouldn't be in the lion world either, especially when dealing with coalitions of brothers/half-brothers/cousins who all have shared genetics.
7 users Like Tonpa's post