There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Plains Camp males

1ofCourage Offline

(09-10-2022, 10:29 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 07:06 AM)sik94 Wrote: Wouldn't go that far just yet.

Territorial males dont leave their territory just like that, NK and Nhenha are currently in MalaMala, which is not even neigboring territory, yet territory of Ndhzengas.

Nhenha knows his partner is not ready to fight males like the PCs yet, so off they go to wander around somewhere else.
1 user Likes 1ofCourage's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(09-10-2022, 11:04 AM)1ofCourage Wrote: Nhenha knows his partner is not ready to fight males like the PCs yet, so off they go to wander around somewhere else.

How do you mean not ready? NK is 1 year older then PC males.

Problem is they are short together, only around half a year, their teamwork in this situations is questionable, PC males easily scattered them and isolate to 2vs1.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(09-10-2022, 11:31 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: PC males easily scattered them and isolate to 2vs1

Didn't they just catch Nhena and NK alone? Scattered makes it sound like Nhena and NK were chilling and shot in opposite directions soon as the PC boys showed up, which wasn't the case. I think PC boys just got lucky with the timing of the attack, even the PC boys would think twice before attacking two males in perfect condition.
2 users Like sik94's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(09-10-2022, 11:04 AM)1ofCourage Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 10:29 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 07:06 AM)sik94 Wrote: Wouldn't go that far just yet.

Territorial males dont leave their territory just like that, NK and Nhenha are currently in MalaMala, which is not even neigboring territory, yet territory of Ndhzengas.

Nhenha knows his partner is not ready to fight males like the PCs yet, so off they go to wander around somewhere else.

NK will never be ready if not now, he's in great condition and has a veteran backing him. I think he is ready.
4 users Like sik94's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-10-2022, 02:04 PM by lionuk )

By Dulini

*This image is copyright of its original author
9 users Like lionuk's post

WildRev Offline

8 users Like WildRev's post

United States BorntobeWild Offline

(09-11-2022, 11:35 AM)WildRev Wrote:

Wow! Gorgeous! I have to say I really love them even though they killed Tsalala Queen.
3 users Like BorntobeWild's post

WildRev Offline

9 users Like WildRev's post

1999gc8 Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-16-2022, 05:34 PM by 1999gc8 )

Savanna Safari Diary Episode 10.
Footage of Plains Camp males at 6:20 onwards and it's mentioned they brought down an adult male Giraffe.
In the beginning of the video the altercation with Mhangenes is mentioned as well. 

8 users Like 1999gc8's post

1999gc8 Offline

The Plains Camp male lions were not very chivalrous to one of the Talamati females trying to get a bite of the buffalo that was killed the night before by Dark Mane and the Talamati sub adults...

10 users Like 1999gc8's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

10 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ngonya Online

Plains Camp male "Makhunga" with his amazing genes, this male is a giant of the Plains Camp duo. (Makhunga is how he was called in the facebook post i found this photo, do the Plains Camp Boys already have names?)
Sabi Sands, 2022

Phto credits: Roger Hlongwane
9 users Like Ngonya's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(09-17-2022, 03:25 AM)Ngonya Wrote: Plains Camp male "Makhunga" with his amazing genes, this male is a giant of the Plains Camp duo. (Makhunga is how he was called in the facebook post i found this photo, do the Plains Camp Boys already have names?)
Sabi Sands, 2022

Phto credits: Roger Hlongwane

First I have heard of them having individual names, but perhaps their names just haven't made their way to us yet. I have no doubt in time we will all know for sure. But, you are absolutely correct, he is an enormous beast. I always thought they were really big, ever since they showed up in Sabi Sands, feeding themselves well, always looking in peak condition, but it wasn't until I saw them chasing NYM, who I always saw as a larger than average male, that I understood just how big they really are. The size difference in them and NYM was remarkable.
8 users Like BA0701's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-21-2022, 03:37 AM by Mapokser )

(09-10-2022, 11:31 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-10-2022, 11:04 AM)1ofCourage Wrote: Nhenha knows his partner is not ready to fight males like the PCs yet, so off they go to wander around somewhere else.

How do you mean not ready? NK is 1 year older then PC males.

Problem is they are short together, only around half a year, their teamwork in this situations is questionable, PC males easily scattered them and isolate to 2vs1.

Wait is the NK 6? When was he born? I definitely thought PCM were a couple of months older than NK because they have bigger manes so I thought NK was 5 and PCM 6. But it seems PCM just turned 5 two months ago, they're already very impressive and still have around 1 year to build more mass, nobody is taking them on a 2v2 as long as they remain healthy.

Though regardless, rather than NK not being ready, I always thought the one not ready was Nhenha, he'd have had to be an absolute legend of a fighter to take on younger and much bigger males such as the PCM as a 12yo. I always said Nhenha and NK had no chances at all in this confrontantion and I have no idea how some people thought otherwise.

Doesn't matter how much in shape Nhenha is, an old lion is an old lion.

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

I agree that its probably Nhenha that is avoiding the fight rather than Nym not being ready. 

We also saw the same thing with their conflict with the Avocas. The last fight the BBoys themselves started was probably when they took out Othawa Male and that was 2 vs 1.