There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

BigLion39 Offline

(09-10-2022, 08:29 AM)Ngonya Wrote: (I know this is a little bit 'old' but I wanted to join this forum making a post about this amazing coalition that are the Sala's, definitely my favorite lions in the Masai Mara.)

Welcome! Nice to come in with a bang! Salas Boys are living legends if you ask me!  They're destines to have many offspring to follow their footsteps!
5 users Like BigLion39's post

Mwarcaar Offline

Oloshipa or orpadan the dominant male of the black rock boys coalition

6 users Like Mwarcaar's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-15-2022, 12:04 AM by BigLion39 Edit Reason: Spelling )

Check out Rob the Rangers new video. We have 1/5 Offbeat males aka Enkoyanai Boys; Enkog'u courting an Offbeat Pride lioness at minutes 3:16 & 10:50 in the video. Enkog'u is a damn tank of a lion and resembles Lolparpit when he was in his prime! I would hedge my bet that he sired this boy for sure! The 5 Enkoyanai Boys are off to great start and I hope they will have a bright future. 

7 users Like BigLion39's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-13-2022, 06:06 PM by Mabingilane )

Engogu is huge and defo looks like Lolparpit.

Lolparpit sons always going after offbeat pride lol. First the iseketa/Offbeat males and then the Enkoyonai/Offbeat males. Wasn't Logol also interested in trying to take it over at one point?
4 users Like Mabingilane's post

BigLion39 Offline

Yup Logol and Halftail actually took the pride but got ousted very soon after.
4 users Like BigLion39's post

Hungary Lipstick2 Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-28-2023, 08:22 AM by Lipstick2 )

Sankai boys are roaming at Olchorro Oirouwa Conservancy some days ago 
Since these are still only 5 years old males have left Lemek Conservancy at the beginning of the summer, they have been visiting the neighboring areas.
Seenka is probably the most impressive male lion currently in the wild (no just in the Mara, but whole in Africa). Look how beautiful and hairy he is! With long mane and large elbow tufts
Credit: Lemurt Wildlife
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=save...9389906211

9 users Like Lipstick2's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

(09-16-2022, 02:35 AM)Lipstick2 Wrote: Seenka is probably the most impressive male lion currently in the wild
Watching the video, have to agree with your assessment. We talk about PC boys all the time. This is one and half PC male rolled into one.
2 users Like Horizon's post

BigLion39 Offline

Yes, totally agree, with Olerai gone most likely, Seenka is incredible! Hope the 5 boys stay safe up there in the outskirts. The villiages are very close and anything can happen in these Consevancies, just like what juat happened in Olarro South. Fingers crossed.

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-17-2022, 12:18 PM by BigLion39 )

Some new Seenka and 1 of his bros, either Kini or Lerai  not sure.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/29147758...707598251/

Edit... this group is "Lions of the Mara". If you can, join the group to see these videos.

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(09-17-2022, 03:48 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Some new Seenka and 1 of his bros, either Kini or Lerai  not sure.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/29147758...707598251/

My friend, that is from a private group, is it a video, or pictures that we can find posted somewhere else?
3 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline

This is a new short of Seenka boy from the group "Lions of The Mara" if your not in that group just join. Im sure you'll get approved! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/29147758...094181279/
3 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

(09-17-2022, 07:22 AM)BA0701 Wrote: My friend, that is from a private group, is it a video, or pictures that we can find posted somewhere else?

I haven't found them posted anywhere else yet but I'm sure they will be soon. the group is "Lions of the Mara". Hopefully you and others will join!
2 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

New photo for Seenka Boy! Look how impressive he turned out to be! An even more legendary look than his father Olerai!

*This image is copyright of its original author

BigLion39 Offline

5 users Like BigLion39's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

This is what 20 hyenas do to a single male lion!!

7 users Like afortich's post