There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

BigLion39 Offline

Sad seeing this gorgeous lion having old age get the best of him. I don't believe he has too much longer now. Reminiscent of Lolparpits last weeks...

*This image is copyright of its original author

4 users Like BigLion39's post

Russian Federation Nyers Offline

Another iconic lion of Masai Mara has passed away

Mara Predator Conservation Programme:

At 1 pm local time, Scarface took his last breath. He died in peace without any disturbance from vehicles and hyenas. We were the only vehicle on the scene and by his side, hoping to give him any kind of comfort.

The Mara has lost yet another one of its great iconic males. May his legend forever live on.

Photo by Saitoti @MPCP

https://www.facebook.com/MaraPredatorCon...3581729850

credits Peter Rettig

“This will be my gift to you: When you look up in the sky at night, since I'll be living on one of them, since I'll be laughing on one of them, for you it'll be as if all the stars are laughing. When you have consolded, you'll be glad you've known me.”                           Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

Farewell my friend. I am very glad I got to know you. I was privileged to meet you out on the plains many times over the years and I have enjoyed every minute. You were an extraordinary Male Lion, an icon, a legend, an ambassador for Kenya and the Maasai Mara. You have seen it all, the good, the bad and the ugly while living the life of a true Wild Lion. I salute to you!
Scar took his last breath today at 1 pm as reported by the Mara Predator Conservation Programme. He passed away peacefully without fear and pain. His time had come after roaming the Mara more than 13 years and being a successful Pride Male for almost 10 years. The Mara has lost a Legend.

https://www.facebook.com/peter.rettig.9/...6843855986
6 users Like Nyers's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

Oh man rest in peace scarface a absolute legend of the mara.
2 users Like Lycaon's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

There goes one (if not the most) legendary and most famous lions in the world, rip.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Czech Republic Charger01 Offline
Animal admirer & Vegan

Hey guys, I had one question
I wanted to know if Caesar is alive or did he disappear some time ago?

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

RIP Scarface...

10 users Like Spalea's post

BigLion39 Offline

RIP big buddy! RIP
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Gavskrr Offline
( This post was last modified: 06-12-2021, 02:10 AM by Gavskrr )

Scarface 
I'm not a great connoisseur of his history but the little I know is worth a lot, he lived as a King, one of the greatest who ever passed through Mara.
All his years of struggle and reign were marked and will be remembered in history, rest in peace noble king

credit: Rosemary White - 2011

7 users Like Gavskrr's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-11-2021, 08:06 PM)Khan85 Wrote: Hey guys, I had one question
I wanted to know if Caesar is alive or did he disappear some time ago?

None of the Notch sons are alive anymore.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Wildanimal Lover

Last videos...

This last video is emotionnal. We see an adult hippo coming out the water close to Scarface without interfere with him. And especially the three Salas boys eating an hippo close to him but leaving him alone. Anthropomorphic question: is a kind of reverence, of respect, existing among the male lions toward a legendary one ?

Even in its last moments, Scarface didn't stop amazing us.
7 users Like Spalea's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Interestingly they buried him 

Grave is far too shallow though, he's gonna get dug up by other animals. I learned this the hard way as a kid when my Rabbit died and I buried it in a shallow grave...
4 users Like Tonpa's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-12-2021, 04:37 AM)Spalea Wrote: This last video is emotionnal. We see an adult hippo coming out the water close to Scarface without interfere with him. And especially the three Salas boys eating an hippo close to him but leaving him alone. Anthropomorphic question: is a kind of reverence, of respect, existing among the male lions toward a legendary one ?

Even in its last moments, Scarface didn't stop  amazing us.

No its not respect, lions do "feel" other lions strenght, they see that Scarface is no threat to them anymore, its kinda similar to when in a fight lions break other lions back or mortaly wound them, they dont finish him, yet they see he is done and leave him, because je is no threat anymore to them..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

LandSeaLion Offline
Banned

RIP to a magnificent lion. 14 years old…that is quite an achievement.
2 users Like LandSeaLion's post

Wildanimal Lover

@Tr1x24 :

About #2113: I'm agree with you, I asked an "anthropomorphic" question, thus I know we never must compare the human behaviour with the animal's one. Sometimes I confess to willingly make the reality better than it is. Three adult male lions in their prime close to the henceforth harmless old warrior.
2 users Like Spalea's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

A true beast of a male lion - The farewall of Scarface, such a stunning specimen of male lion. One of the most photographed and photogenic male lions of Africa!
Image by: K D Sathva Naravanan

7 users Like Timbavati's post