There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Amazing Lipstic roar 

4 users Like Pantherinae's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Scarface and Morani 

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like Pantherinae's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

(05-24-2015, 08:32 PM)Pantherinae Wrote: Amazing Lipstic roar 

That's a huge male

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

The 4km Coalition 

Blackie a female and Lipstic. 

they where four male's they lost two in 2011/2012 
now Blackie and Lipstic controls both the Rekero Pride which is one of the biggest prides. and the musceters pride (I know it's quite hard to follow since there are both also the Rekero boys coalition and the Musceters coalition) 

Lipstic is by far the biggest of them, and is by many said to be a enormous male like the notch boys.  

Blackie  

Lipstic
6 users Like Pantherinae's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

The Musketeer coalition

Hunter, Morani and Sikio 

this coalition Controls and rules the famous Marsh Pride, Known from Big cat's diary on BBC. 
this coalition has four beautiful males included the famous scarface. 

Scarface

5 users Like Pantherinae's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-26-2015, 01:03 PM by Pantherinae )

SIKIO VS HUNTER

Sikio and Hunter
sikio and hunter
Sikio and Hunter
great photo of Hunter
6 users Like Pantherinae's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-26-2015, 02:23 PM by Pantherinae )

Lipstic with prey 

Lipstic with buffalo kill

Lipstic with impala kill (most likely stolen from other lions or leopard/cheetah)

2 users Like Pantherinae's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Amazing pictures, thank you!!.
Both coalitions are the ones I like the most from this region, even more than the Notch males.
I saw those two males fighting, but the artcle didn't say who were, amazing that they are Musketeers.
A question about the Musketeers brothers. Do you know how is the hierarchy among them?
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(05-26-2015, 07:59 PM)'Majingilane' Wrote: Amazing pictures, thank you!!.
Both coalitions are the ones I like the most from this region, even more than the Notch males.
I saw those two males fighting, but the artcle didn't say who were, amazing that they are Musketeers.
A question about the Musketeers brothers. Do you know how is the hierarchy among them?

thanks yes I really like Lipstic he's an awsome male lion, in both looks and attitude!

yeah those fighting pictures does not say any names, but the description on them gave it right away to the musceteers. and after looking closely at the pictures I could idenify them.

I can ask a former member here: who has the upper hand in the hierarchy between them. 
I don't think it's the same like southern lions. in the mara no males lions in an coalition seems to really dominate one another, eccept in the mating season. 
1 user Likes Pantherinae's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

I didn't know where to put this post, So I decided to post it here
I read very interesting article that different Lion coalition are going to clash in future. This article also narrate that numbers of males in a coalition is important factor.
I suggest to take a read - Lion Politics by Darren Roberts-York from Tintswalo Ranger's Blog
http://tintswaloguides.blogspot.co.uk/20...ckens.html
2 users Like sanjay's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
( This post was last modified: 06-13-2015, 08:23 AM by sanjay )

A wonderful story of 2 male lion coalition from Masai Mara name as  Blackie and Lipstick.

-Rekero pride males Blackie and Lipstick 10 years old ,2 months younger than the 4 Notch boys.They have the the most blackest manes in the all Masai Mara.A bit of history about them .They have followed Notch and sons taking over any pride the Notch boys and their father abandoned .They took the Mugoro pride ,the first ever pride to be owned by Notch and his five sons after they were kicked out of the marsh pride.These two males and their brothers killed the young Notch cubs born in the Mugoro pride that were too young and couldn't run to escape the take over .Fortunately 4 of the Notch offspring there were 2 year old sub males so those survived .The pride separated into two some of the females running with the subs and any cubs that could run .The ones that were left were killed by these two males ,back then the two were part of a group of 4 brothers called 4 km males.Only these two are left .Notch and sons abandoned the Mugoro pride crossed the river ,the scene you see in African cats the Disney movie for the river pride also known as rekero pride and also took paradise pride .These 4 km males then took over paradise pride after Notch and sons abandoned it chasing off the 6 male Notch sons there and finally took over Rekero pride in July 2013 after Notch and sons abandoned it chasing off the 5 Rekero Notch boys as subs.They may also have killed one of the Notch sons from paradise called Kijana around August 2013 as he liked to mate the Rekero females while his fathers notch and sons weren't visiting the pride and also killed his cubs he had fathered in Rekero .After these 2 males took Rekero they mated the females but while the females were pregnant the 4 musketeers the current Marsh pride males came in and tried to take the pride fought these two but was all for nothing as the females were already pregnant around the late months of 2013 .
Their cubs were born 13 altogether ,now little subs of 1.8 years now .11 female ,2 boys.One cub was lost so currently it's 12 young small subs.These two males realized that the 4 musketeer marsh males have expanded their territory west into the triangle and also taken the two paradise prides which these two used to own meant that they weren't visiting the marsh pride break away first generation females in the East any more.So these two started mating these females.And their absence in Rekero has been noted by the 4 musketeers who tried to see if they can take the pride but the females did a good job protecting the cubs in the absence of these two males their pride males.These 2 males have been hesitant and staying away from the pride since they don't have the numbers to fight the 4 Musketeer marsh pride males .
Currently these two males are hiding at Topi Plains bordering the marsh pride as the 4 musketeers aren't going there any more .And the 4 musketeers have 6 young daughters born in the marsh who have become of age . One of the reasons the 4. Musketeers aren't visiting the Marsh like they used to as their own 6 daughters there have reached mating age.May be these two will end there eventually and share these daughters with the one testicle nomad who hangs there also while the Musketeers are away .If the Notch boys re take back the Rekero pride again these males will be forced further that way PC P.Evans and Governor Camps Collection.Blackie and Lipstick .

All credit to fb page "Notch the Lion-King of the Mara and His Five Sons"
3 users Like sanjay's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Remember the famous Lioness Siena ? She received a really bad injury in april last year to her hind quarters had almost completely healed due to excellent treatment by Kenya Wildlife Services veterinary team and David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust vet teams.

But now it had been ripped open once again and she had another bad injury to her right side and legs. Probably she got into a fight with other lionesses most probably Mdomo and Mzuri who were moving into her area. The Kenya Wildlife Services veterinary team and David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust vet teams have immediately mobilised to provide medical treatment to Siena. Governors Camp guides are continuing to monitor her and update the Vets on her progress.

Below is some latest photos of this incident -
Siena is found lying in the shade with bad injuries to her hind quarters on both sides and legs

Siena's old wound from April last year which had nearly healed is ripped open again

Siena also has a new injury to the right side of her body

The vetinerary team get to work to treat Siena

Treating the old wound on her left side which had re-opened

Treating a new wound on her right side

Treating wounds to her legs

Photo courtesy of Patrick Reynolds Governors Il Moran Camp Manager.

chaos Offline
wildlife enthusiast

Poor cat. She's had more than her share of serious injuries. Lets hope she can once again make a full recovery
1 user Likes chaos's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Some pics of the two 4KM brothers, Lipstick and Blackie. I asked two or three times on how the situation between them and the Musketeer males worked out, but I haven't recieved any answer.
So here it go some nice photos of them.

Lipstick

Some pics of Blackie

Here with one of the Rekero Breakaways female.
I know, passing the genes is hard work hehe...

Blackie with the Rekero pride:

This one I really liked, because we can see the 4 lads.

And now, the two old warriors keep their brotherly bond strong as always.
Pic from August 15th

Pic from August 26th.

Amazing and Majestic looking males, the both of them.
4 users Like Tshokwane's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Beautiful. They looks so awesome

I am in mood to discuss about male lion from Mara, kenya when compared to Lions from other areas, like for example in Sabi sands, Kruger, or any other Africans country.

I have saw these Lions look more beautiful, strong, smooth with best looking mane. You can see Lipstick and Blackie, notch coalition earless and so on, they all look smart, and clean. The best looking male so far for me is Notch and Notch 2. They exactly look like Simba and Mufasa from lion king

What you guys think about them when compared to Lions from rest part of the African country ?