There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

BorneanTiger Offline
Contributor

For a more general thread on Masai Mara or Kenya, see this thread.

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-21-2020, 03:16 AM by BigLion39 Edit Reason: Spelling )

I found nothing about the death of Scar on the net or FB this morning when I searched. I did however come up with another "scarface" death from a google search from back in 2016. I dont remember the location. On FB the last post was from March 8th with Scar and 1 of his bros on a kill, looking pretty  good.  Hopefully it was just a typo or something and he is alive and well.
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-21-2020, 03:16 AM by BigLion39 Edit Reason: Double post )

Delete

Bulgaria WildlifeFan Offline
New Join

The 4 MUSKATEERS!
This is Scarface one of the most photographed male Lion in the Mara and darling or most guides.
I have known him for many many years since the day that I saw him together with his 3 other colleagues take over Marsh pride from then Two Males Remeo and Clawed who were the territorial males.
What I remember in one of the days during the take over,(which it took almost or slightly over a week) was how Joy who has her 2 or 3 Cubs with one adopted from Bibi could escape a very close chase from the muskateers and how she eventually moved to Topi plains area for some months ,here she lost Bibi's adopted cub.When her Cubs grew to being young sub-adults they slowly came back to the pride and all were killed by the Muskateers,I do remember there was two males and 1 female- I stand to be corrected,it is over 10 years now!
Long live Muskateers
Long live Scarface
My bush stories.

Alfred Korir

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=3&theater

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like WildlifeFan's post

Mohawk4 Offline

Doa of the 6 Pack
Credits Gerardo Paredes

5 users Like Mohawk4's post

Bulgaria WildlifeFan Offline
New Join

This last trip to the Maasai Mara we called the trip The Magical Cat Tour. That's why you're seeing so many lions. I couldn't resist processing this lion. Just look at that mane. I find it so interesting how the lions have very distinctive mane styles. I found out this beauty has a name: Longo.

https://www.facebook.com/AnitasPhotograp...=3&theater

7 users Like WildlifeFan's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Khalidebrahim: " The king Chongo "

6 users Like Spalea's post

Mohawk4 Offline

Sopa pride males Mandevu, Chungwa and Droopy Sons of Blackie and Lipstick
March 2020 Maasai Mara 
Video credits: Noel Royce

5 users Like Mohawk4's post

Wildanimal Lover

Fabrizio Bignotti: " These are 2 brothers I think. The one in the front with a split nose is the leader. Thy hv a pride, but some other girlfriends outside the pride and that caused quite a few issues:) "

4 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Fabrizio Bignotti: " Here is a young male with his mother or aunt. Can’t tell. But they belong to the pride of Jicho moja or Benna how is also called. Black rock pride at sand river in masaimara. It’s a big pride with few females, young cub and adult. Jicho moja (one eye ) was with them. "

3 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Subhash Nair: " MOTHER- shot at Masai Mara, Kenya. "

BigLion39 Offline

@Spalea.... your pic of the 2 bros, that's Kaka and Maridadi, correct?
1 user Likes BigLion39's post

Wildanimal Lover

(03-30-2020, 05:25 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: @Spalea.... your pic of the 2 bros, that's Kaka and Maridadi, correct?

Yes, that seems really to be the case...
2 users Like Spalea's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

4 users Like Pckts's post

Wildanimal Lover

Fabrizio Bignotti: " Look at them. They look like Bonnie and Clida before a robbery. He is one of the fig tree boys with girl friend on the day of the big drama. "