There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

Mohawk4 Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 04:27 AM by Mohawk4 )

Sala males coalition having a little fight....
Osapuk is the most aggressive Orkitok running away and Olepolos is trying...
The confidence they have plus that they stick always together reminds me Majingilane

Credit:Hanna Glafke

6 users Like Mohawk4's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

David Lloyd: "Honeymooners"...

3 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Scarface...

2 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

David Lloyd: " Closer. "

Wildanimal Lover

Because of the covid-19 the Swiss country is under black out... What can I do if not drawing out ? Drawing at home ! And now I'm learning the digital painting... Having discovered a long video by "Rob the Rangers" showing 3 lions eating a wildbeest, rather end of feast, I tryed to draw one of these lions during the video. But around at 35 mn, I stopped ! So here the video:

" Lolparpit, Olbarnoti, and one Enkoyonai lioness with a bearded gnu (blue wildebeest) that they caught in the early hours of the morning. We were the first to find this lion sighting that day and stayed until the meal was almost finished. The big lions are old but still control a sizeable territory and the enire Enkoyonai pride. These lions are the fathers of the six Bila-shaka males. This lion sighting was originally streamed live from the safari but this is the high quality 4K footage that was captured at that time. Filmed on a safari hosted for Wild Extracts in the Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya "

And the "digital-painted sketch"...

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

2 black-and-white photos...

4 users Like Spalea's post

Mohawk4 Offline

Benna Black Rock pride male

Benna is one of three adult males in the Black Rock Pride of the Sopa Valley in the Maasai Mara. Benna is a true shujaah (Swahili for warrior). He had lost an eye, had a permanent limp and other injuries that he accumulated other the years of defending his pride and his territory. He indeed has a “lion heart”. He is well taken care of by his pride. If they eat, he eats.

Credits Barbara Jensen Vorster

https://www.instagram.com/barbara_joppel/?hl=el

5 users Like Mohawk4's post

Blondemane Offline

(03-16-2020, 01:06 AM)Spalea Wrote: Because of the covid-19 the Swiss country is under black out... What can I do if not drawing out ? Drawing at home ! And now I'm learning the digital painting... Having discovered a long video by "Rob the Rangers" showing 3 lions eating a wildbeest, rather end of feast, I tryed to draw one of these lions during the video. But around at 35 mn, I stopped ! So here the video:

" Lolparpit, Olbarnoti, and one Enkoyonai lioness with a bearded gnu (blue wildebeest) that they caught in the early hours of the morning. We were the first to find this lion sighting that day and stayed until the meal was almost finished. The big lions are old but still control a sizeable territory and the enire Enkoyonai pride. These lions are the fathers of the six Bila-shaka males. This lion sighting was originally streamed live from the safari but this is the high quality 4K footage that was captured at that time. Filmed on a safari hosted for Wild Extracts in the Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya "

And the "digital-painted sketch"...

yeh, my country today decided to declare a state of emergency for 15 days, nobody can leave home, everything that is not essential will be closed. Its gonna be hard but app its the only way to stop the virus. Italy and Spain are crossing really hard time. 

Btw that is an amazing paint, congrats! you're talented!
2 users Like Blondemane's post

Wildanimal Lover

Sad new: Scar the iconic lion of Masai Mara is dead.

David Lloyd: " Rest in Peace, our mighty Scar

A true king of kings. His legend will live on
A few days ago here in the Maasai Mara.
Scar, sometimes known as Scarface: 2005-2020. " "

Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/B96gSdKhSix/

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

Rest in peace scar.

Wildanimal Lover

About #1675: The link I mentioned about this sad new by David Lloyd has been erased...

Let us wait !
1 user Likes Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Scarface... Digital painting.

3 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

No more news about Scarface. I sought in the net, but in vain...

Wildanimal Lover

Fabrizio Bignotti: " I hv never met this lion. Very strong. He put down a buffalo by himself. Neither I hv seen such bright yellow eyes on a lion. He is a nomad. . "

1 user Likes Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

The Scarface mystery is always remaining...

David Lloyd: " ScarrrRRRRrr

I introduce 2020 with a picture of the legendary Scar of the Maasai Mara. Scar and his Musketeer coalition brothers of Morani, Hunter and Sikio pretty much ruled the Maasai Mara until the arrival of the Six Warriors coalition a couple of years ago.
These days they are often seen between Entim and the Rekero and Rongai crossings in what appears to be semi-retirement. They are at around 14 years old now after all. Scar still is missing his eyelid (the eye itself appears ok) and he’s much slowed down now due to age and his atrophied hind leg.
Of the other three, Morani and Sikio are still strong but hope is fading for Hunter who has been missing since August.
I’ve been shy of using ‘king’ as a descriptor for lions as it’s so overdone, but if there was ever a King of Kings then Scar would be a deserving title holder.
My 400mm f/2.8 died in the days before this picture but a 300mm f/4 sufficed (with a TC) well.
Making a satisfying portrait difficult, older lions do their best not to establish eye contact with you (the young ones are not so concerned) so you have to be quick to get the picture. You only need a fraction of a second of a glance anyway. You just have to be ready for it. "

5 users Like Spalea's post