There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

Russian Federation Nyers Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-09-2020, 05:19 PM by Nyers )

credits to Francis Ole Gum

This is the full footage of the boys murdering baba yao.

4 users Like Nyers's post

United States Matimbalani Offline

(01-09-2020, 04:57 PM)Nyers Wrote: credits to Francis Ole Gum

@Nyers Is he dead?

(01-09-2020, 07:30 PM)Matimbalani Wrote:

@Nyers Is he dead?

No he survived after this attack but as u can see with these injuries we dont know what will happen next without help of vets.
Sala boys attacked him on saturday and the last time Baba was seen on tuesday.
3 users Like Nyers's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Where were his 5 brothers at that time??

This shows that numbers in coalitions is not all, sticking together is..

Who sired Sala Boys?
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

(01-09-2020, 08:58 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Who sired Sala Boys?

according to MaryAnn Mga
Has to be Ginger and Black. They have other names like Buddha/Slaver, Alex, Double Roarer
2 users Like Nyers's post

United States Matimbalani Offline

(01-09-2020, 07:51 PM)Nyers Wrote:
(01-09-2020, 07:30 PM)Matimbalani Wrote:

@Nyers Is he dead?

No he survived after this attack but as u can see with these injuries we dont know what will happen next without help of vets.
Sala boys attacked him on saturday and the last time Baba was seen on tuesday.
@Nyers Thanks for the update.  I hope he makes it and learns a lesson.

@Tr1x24 Yeah, large coalition does not necessarily mean success. Sometimes a few minutes can make a huge difference until coalition partners arrive (like that recent video from KNP, if the coalition partner had arrived a few minutes earlier the fatal spine bite may not have been delivered.)
2 users Like Matimbalani's post

United States nbarnes71 Offline
New Join

The vets are not attending to Baba Yao at this current time. His wounds are healing and they do not feel that intervention at this time is needed.  He is lucky that they didn't get an artery or else he would not have made it. 

"Has to be Ginger and Black."  Who  is that? Lipstick and Blackie??
3 users Like nbarnes71's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

@Matimbalani Agree, i think perfect coalitions is when theres a 3,4 members, anything more, like  5 or 6 is too big and they separete too much from each others because of competition inside a coalition (mating rights and food mostly). 

Being a big coalition of 5/6 is good in young years and takeover scenarios, but when they have established territory and prides they are mostly separeted because of their wast territory and numerous prides, and then even a coalition of 3/4 has and upper hand. 

Baba Yao was the leader and the most dominant of the Bila Shakas, it would be shame if he died.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(01-10-2020, 02:36 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: @Matimbalani Agree, i think perfect coalitions is when theres a 3,4 members, anything more, like  5 or 6 is too big and they separete too much from each others because of competition inside a coalition (mating rights and food mostly). 

Being a big coalition of 5/6 is good in young years and takeover scenarios, but when they have established territory and prides they are mostly separeted because of their wast territory and numerous prides, and then even a coalition of 3/4 has and upper hand. 

Baba Yao was the leader and the most dominant of the Bila Shakas, it would be shame if he died.
I think Doa is the dominant male of the bila shakas. 
Also in the video they seemed to go for his testicles and in another video his right leg seemed broken. Hopefully he makes it, but it looks bad if this is the case.
3 users Like Pantherinae's post

Mohawk4 Offline

(01-10-2020, 01:36 AM)nbarnes71 Wrote: The vets are not attending to Baba Yao at this current time. His wounds are healing and they do not feel that intervention at this time is needed.  He is lucky that they didn't get an artery or else he would not have made it. 

"Has to be Ginger and Black."  Who  is that? Lipstick and Blackie??

Ex Sandriver/Sala males that are also referred as Buddha and Slaver
1 user Likes Mohawk4's post

Mohawk4 Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-11-2020, 03:40 PM by Mohawk4 )

Olbarnoti and Lolparpit have started a takeover of the Topi pride with challenging Doa from Six Pack
Doa is their son and he i s alone at the moment
Difficult times for the cubs of Topi Pride and no future for the cubs of L and O because i doubt if they live for 1 or 2 years more....They must stay with Enkoyonai pride...

Credits Mara Olapa Camp

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-11-2020, 03:39 PM)Mohawk4 Wrote: Olbarnoti and Lolparpit have started a takeover of the Topi pride with challenging Doa from Six Pack
Difficult times for the cubs of Topi Pride and no future for the cubs of L and O because i doubt if they live for 1 or 2 years more....They must stay with Enkoyonai pride...

I doubt that 2 old guys can takeover Topi pride from Bila Shakas..

Mohawk4 Offline

(01-11-2020, 03:49 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(01-11-2020, 03:39 PM)Mohawk4 Wrote: Olbarnoti and Lolparpit have started a takeover of the Topi pride with challenging Doa from Six Pack

I doubt that 2 old guys can takeover Topi pride from Bila Shakas..

Me too but when Baba Yao is mauled from Sala boys and the other 4 are far away from the pride Doa cant protect alone Topi Plains cubs....They would damage the pride
1 user Likes Mohawk4's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-11-2020, 03:54 PM)Mohawk4 Wrote: Me too but when Baba Yao is mauled from Sala boys and the other 4 are far away from the pride Doa cant protect alone Topi Plains cubs....They would damage the pride

Well that could be the only problem, because rest of the Bila Shakas are busy with Sala boys, but Doa is a big boy, we'll see how confident are L and O, i think its a bad move from them at this stage of their lifes, even in 2 vs 1 against Doa they could get injured.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Mohawk4 Offline

Back and forth and i dont know if it was before baba yaos mauling...
Sala Boys fought with Lolparpit they had a conflict with Musketers now with Six Pack
They seem to co operate very well and they are not in their prime
3 users Like Mohawk4's post