There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Nkuhuma Pride

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-25-2023, 11:48 PM)lionuk Wrote: You might be right. I just checked the WildEarth Sunset Drive and was unable to positively identify some of those Nkuhuma lions. Maybe someone else can do it?

Those "cubs" are growing fast so its becoming hard to distinguished them from subs, but i saw 2 lions smaller then the rest, i think those are cubs.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Nkuhumas with Mohawk, by Quiet Eagle and Wild Earth.

8 users Like afortich's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

This female is the biggest one currently seen in Mohawks/subadults group :

*This image is copyright of its original author

This is not Chela as far as im aware.

I think its older of the 2 young females, or maybe 1/3 "cubs" group females?

So, Chela is not with them atm.

I guess we need to see "cubs" group, to see how many members are there.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Nkuhumas on the kill that was later stolen by BDMs
[insta]https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqNOQZpqFH5/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link[/insta]
1 user Likes DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 03-27-2023, 11:44 AM by DARK MANE )

Nkuhumas taking a evening walk after meal.
4 users Like DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 03-27-2023, 11:45 AM by DARK MANE )

Nkuhumas
5 users Like DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Super mom ridge nose with her little ones. ( They are not so little anymore).

8 users Like DARK MANE's post

Ttimemarti Offline

So…
amber eyes- has 2 daughters sired by the avoca males 

Ridgenose- has 1 daughter sired by the Birmingham males and the oldest young male sired by the avoca males and 2 cubs sired by the plains camp males

Purple eye- has one daughter by the Birmingham males 2 sons by the avocas males 

chela- has one son sired by the Avocas the youngest male
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

Mwk85 Offline

Most members of the pride and Mohawk on a buffalo kill.

7 users Like Mwk85's post

criollo2mil Online
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-13-2023, 03:58 AM by criollo2mil )

(03-28-2023, 10:21 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: So…
amber eyes- has 2 daughters sired by the avoca males 

Ridgenose- has 1 daughter sired by the Birmingham males and the oldest young male sired by the avoca males and 2 cubs sired by the plains camp males

Purple eye- has one daughter by the Birmingham known as Pale Eyes  and has the two middle sons by the avocas males.

chela- has one son sired by the Avocas the youngest male

@Tr1x24  maybe we can use information below for the Pride status post were trying to develop?   I haven't forgotten :)

yes, Ridge Nose sired by the Matimbas b. Dec 2012 (littermate of AE)  is mother to the Big boy (b. May 2019) .....he also had a brother but he died after a bad hunting accident in 2021.  Her Daughter from the Birminghams is known as Youngest Lioness (see below) 

yes, Amber Eyes sired by the Matimbas  (deceased Sep 2022) has two sub adult daughters sired by the Avocas 1st gen (b.  Jun/Jul 2019)  a third daughter was killed in 2021 presumably by the PCM....she also had a son Sub adult but he disappeared around October of last year.

Yes, Purple Eyes (littermate of Junior/Orpen) sired by the Matimbas  (deceased 2022)  daughter from the Birminghams is known as Pale eyes (see below).  Her second daughter from the Birmingham (nick eared) went missing after being rejected by the Avocas .   She has the two middle sons of the Avocas 1st gen (b. August 2019) alive today.   

yes, Chela sired by the Matimbas (b. 2013) has the youngest son sired by the Avocas  1st gen (b. Dec 2019)

Pale Eyes lioness sired by the Birminghams b May 2016 is the mother of the middle litter from the Avocas 2nd gen.  originally 2 cubs born late April 2021.

Tattered Ear lioness sired by the Birminghams b. May/Jun 2016  (daughter of Nana and littermate to the Nkuhuma male) is the mother of the youngest litter from the Avocas 2nd gen.  originally 2 cubs born May 2021

Youngest lioness sired by the Birminghams b. July 2016 is the mother of the oldest litter from the Avocas 2nd gen.  originally 3 cubs born mid April 2021.

i have not been able to keep good account as to who did the 2 lost cubs belong to.  of those 7 cubs; 4 were female and 3 were males. i know one of the fatalities was female...unclear of the 2nd.
9 users Like criollo2mil's post

Mwk85 Offline

8 users Like Mwk85's post

WildLeonis Away
( This post was last modified: 03-31-2023, 06:49 AM by WildLeonis )

So proud of Ridgenose. She’s doing so well on her own. I wish Amber Eyes had survived and was with her but it wasn’t meant to be. Sigh. Glad she’s continuing to thrive with her cubs.
7 users Like WildLeonis's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 03-31-2023, 12:19 PM by DARK MANE )

Nkuhumas dinning on a kill.

10 users Like DARK MANE's post

Mwk85 Offline

Ridge Nose and her two cubs on a zebra kill.

6 users Like Mwk85's post

Mwk85 Offline

Nkuhuma sub adults trying their hands at a hunt. Wildebeest spotted them well beforehand, though.

9 users Like Mwk85's post