There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers

Jerricson Offline
Prometheus

@Pckts @Roflcopters Thanks guys. Also here's the datasheet of the other male. I do think this is Kankatta as he too weighed around the same range at a similar age but I'm not sure. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

4 users Like Jerricson's post

abhisingh7 Offline

(02-21-2023, 06:06 PM)Jerricson Wrote:
(02-21-2023, 02:33 PM)abhisingh7 Wrote:
(02-20-2023, 05:42 PM)Jerricson Wrote:

Managed to get this immobilization record from a vet who's captured several males in Kanha . He told me this might be Bheema as he himself is not sure about the ID/name of this specimen but I highly doubt it considering Bheema was collared in November 2014 , not February 2014. He also managed to disclose that the largest male he's captured is 240 kg and will share its datasheet if he's able to dig it out from his old files. Meanwhile , he also shared me immobilization record of another male , which will be shared here later. Kindly note that measurement protocol is over the curves.
whats the body length here ?  its written nose tip to head 47 cm and head to anus 159cm ,
Just add them both.
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=1228...7714668432 , banda (poochkatta) filmed by bedi brothers . it was also measured .
1 user Likes abhisingh7's post

Jerricson Offline
Prometheus

Can you confirm with him whether the weight was actual or estimated? The verbiage of 'approximate' seems a bit concerning here.
1 user Likes Jerricson's post

abhisingh7 Offline

(02-22-2023, 05:35 PM)Bruceenzo Wrote:
(02-22-2023, 04:41 PM)Jerricson Wrote: Can you confirm with him whether the weight was actual or estimated? The verbiage of 'approximate' seems a bit concerning here.

I just asked. I don't think he will answer this question. He was just expressing the cautious attitude of scholars, otherwise how could he know about an empty stomach? And the question I asked was whether he had measured the tiger. This professor may not reply to me, and I have a lot of things to do. You can contact Charger 01 and ask him to ask this professor's question.

which national park?

Cyprus ravager Offline

hey guys can you send me data on the 288kg tiger and the average weights for tigers with and without scientific records?

Cyprus ravager Offline

please can my posts be approved?

United States Bruceenzo Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 03-02-2023, 06:53 PM by Bruceenzo )

Professor Randeep Singh told me that the 270kg tiger with an empty stomach was actually measured. He also said a 160kg female tiger(seems to be an estimate). I didn't dare to ask for information. Because he may never reply to me again.

Banned
( This post was last modified: 03-02-2023, 05:20 PM by Bruceenzo )

This can also confirm the authenticity of this email. I asked at whatsapp,his user photo is family, so I covered it

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like Bruceenzo's post

Czech Republic Charger01 Offline
Animal admirer & Vegan

(03-02-2023, 05:08 PM)Bruceenzo Wrote: This can also confirm the authenticity of this email. I asked at whatsapp,his user photo is family, so I covered it

6 users Like Charger01's post

Jerricson Offline
Prometheus

Great job @Bruceenzo @Charger01
4 users Like Jerricson's post

Banned
( This post was last modified: 03-09-2023, 06:24 AM by Bruceenzo )

i get blocked. This is a lesson. I guess some fanboys are make trouble, such as bombing his email

Attached Files Image(s)

LandSeaLion Offline
Banned

From the sounds of that first email, the professor probably gave that information because he was under the impression that Alex was a professional from an academic or scientific institute, rather than an enthusiast who intended to post the information on a message board. He was also asked by at least three people (Alex, Bruce, and Charger) separately in the space of a short amount of time. That alone may have led to his decision to block.

When contacting experts in the field, I advise that it is best to be upfront about who you are, why you want the information and with whom you are intending to share it, and explicitly ask for permission to share private correspondence. Further, to avoid bombarding the researcher with multiple requests from multiple people on multiple platforms - which is very likely to lead to you being blocked - I suggest simply forwarding the email to those who want the proof (but only of course if permission to do so has been granted from the researcher).
3 users Like LandSeaLion's post

Banned

I think at least hundreds of people bombed his email. A tiger fan posted a screenshot I sent to him privately on the forum. It was the animal forum in China, with at least tens of thousands of readers. But at least we know the weight of this tiger. In addition, I think the tiger weight measured by scholars has limitations. If this four-year-old 270kg tiger is not found, it is equivalent to non-existent. In addition, scholars do not seem to care about the weight of tigers. They prefer to care about the survival of tigers.It's a pity.Eric Dinerstein also blocked me because I asked him several times about m026, but he didn't say anything. Of course, I'm not sure if it was him.

Cyprus ravager Offline

hello
1 user Likes ravager's post

strongmanw7 Offline

(03-09-2023, 04:14 PM)Bruceenzo Wrote: I think at least hundreds of people bombed his email. A tiger fan posted a screenshot I sent to him privately on the forum. It was the animal forum in China, with at least tens of thousands of readers. But at least we know the weight of this tiger. In addition, I think the tiger weight measured by scholars has limitations. If this four-year-old 270kg tiger is not found, it is equivalent to non-existent. In addition, scholars do not seem to care about the weight of tigers. They prefer to care about the survival of tigers.It's a pity.Eric Dinerstein also blocked me because I asked him several times about m026, but he didn't say anything. Of course, I'm not sure if it was him.

its 2009 , t42 fateh was too 4 yr old then , its said that t24 was measured 240kg in year 2009 ,its most likely t42 fateh then .
1 user Likes strongmanw7's post