There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mangheni Pride

Ttimemarti Offline

(05-04-2023, 06:12 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: A combination post that includes the Mhangeni Pride and some of the cubs looking well 

Mhangeni in slides 5-7

(05-05-2023, 05:50 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Guide said there are only 2 confirmed mothers 

It's speculated a third one also have cub(s) but the guide said it's still unconfirmed.
Either way I’m extremely happy even if only 3 females have given birth and other two could still give birth or may not just need to plains camp males to return to the pride
5 users Like Ttimemarti's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Singita Update... 
May 5, 2023

“Finally, the Mhangeni Pride have revealed their cubs to us guides and gracious guests. A total of nine cubs between the ages of six and twelve weeks, from three different lionesses.”

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like criollo2mil's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Two of the Mhangeni mothers w 7 cubs present.   I presume there is a litter of two with the third mommie not in the video

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like criollo2mil's post

Mwk85 Offline
( This post was last modified: 05-17-2023, 09:36 PM by Mwk85 Edit Reason: Added media content )

While only four are seen here there were five of them in total. Guessing the cubs were tucked away in Singita or elsewhere.

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like Mwk85's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Isn't this kinda crazy? They left all 9 small cubs alone in another area despite having 5 females in the pride?
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-17-2023, 10:51 PM)Mapokser Wrote: Isn't this kinda crazy? They left all 9 small cubs alone in another area despite having 5 females in the pride?

Cubs are prob stashed in this area, doubt they are left behind in Singita, that would be strange.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

I've seen the same post saying "hopefully they'll bring their 9 cubs next time".
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Its not that odd. They are probably still to young to go on hunting trips and if properly stashed away, the chance of them being found is small.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

The cubs have been sighted after the females were apparently alone in Savannah so all is good.

On Savannah's IG stories they say 4/5 Manghenis are mothers.

Which makes me wonder if there're more than 9 cubs or if the composition of cubs we thought belonged to each female was wrong ( it was said the 3 younger females were mothers of all the cubs, one with 2 cubs, second one with 3 cubs, and the last one with 4 ).

Also the female who lost her cubs ( the one who was with Tsalala for a while ) mated with PCM mid march, so we'll likely see even more cubs soon.
4 users Like Mapokser's post

Mwk85 Offline

4/5 lionesses and 9 cubs on a wildebeest kill. Asked about the 5th lioness just waiting to hear anything back.

9 users Like Mwk85's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Did Leopard Hills, in the comments, just said the fifth Mangheni has given birth, reason why she wasn't with the others in the kill?

If so with the stability they have now I hope her cubs can make it and eventually join the other 9.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(05-25-2023, 12:05 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Did Leopard Hills, in the comments, just said the fifth Mangheni has given birth, reason why she wasn't with the others in the kill?

If so with the stability they have now I hope her cubs can make it and eventually join the other 9.

I did see Leopard Hills comment the 5th lioness has given birth.   Cubs in a den.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-22-2023, 05:14 AM by Mapokser )

1/2 old Mangheni, she either resembles Makhulu or what a 14yo Kinky Tail would look like imo...

8 users Like Mapokser's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

4/5 Mhangeni w9 cubs sighted w PCM on Savannah

Attached Files Image(s)

12 users Like criollo2mil's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

1/2 old one looks pregnant in some footage, but not in others, she was seen mating in march.

The other old one I think might have passed unfortunately, she hasn't been seen in a while.
2 users Like Mapokser's post