There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mangheni Pride

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(09-26-2022, 07:31 AM)Mabingilane Wrote: 1/2 old mangheni female has indeed returned to the core pride it is claimed. some reports claim it is the female who left with the sub. But Londolozi has said it was the Mangheni female who was with princess Tsalala, as the female looks pregnant. 

We just have to wait and see. Once i hear more,  i will share it. 

Either way, Princess Tsalala is alone again for now... Or, Othawa male's daughter is missing. 

@criollo2mil  thank you for finding the post!

My guess is that it is female who was separated with sub, it would be strange that they didn't reunite at this point, after what, 3 weeks? 

Also, after seeing how recently Tsalala and Old Mhangeni bond together, it would also be strange that Mhangeni ditch her like that all of suden. 

But yea, lets wait and see.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(09-26-2022, 04:50 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 07:31 AM)Mabingilane Wrote: 1/2 old mangheni female has indeed returned to the core pride it is claimed. some reports claim it is the female who left with the sub. But Londolozi has said it was the Mangheni female who was with princess Tsalala, as the female looks pregnant. 

Either way, Princess Tsalala is alone again for now... Or, Othawa male's daughter is missing. 

My guess is that it is female who was separated with sub, it would be strange that they didn't reunite at this point, after what, 3 weeks? 

Also, after seeing how recently Tsalala and Old Mhangeni bond together, it would also be strange that Mhangeni ditch her like that all of suden. 

Yes, I agree. This Sakhar Dentist person sounds oddly familiar, and their avatar looks the same. Someone shared a screen shot very similar to this one, as the source for the information regarding the Othawa cubs, but that post seems to have been deleted. I think we need to wait to hear from official channels, as wasn't it reported a week or so ago, that the sub and the lioness with her had gotten separated as well?
4 users Like BA0701's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(09-26-2022, 07:31 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

Yes, I agree. This Sakhar Dentist person sounds oddly familiar, and their avatar looks the same. Someone shared a screen shot very similar to this one, as the source for the information regarding the Othawa cubs, but that post seems to have been deleted. I think we need to wait to hear from official channels, as wasn't it reported a week or so ago, that the sub and the lioness with her had gotten separated as well?

He is one of the admins to the LION SIGHTINGS group on FB alongside @"Brahimlegend" . He has a lot of connections with guides and lodges. But like all information, there is sometimes confusion and mis-guided reports that get passed from mouth to mouth. I’m still hoping it’s just that…..mis interpretation.
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Germany BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(09-26-2022, 07:47 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 07:31 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

He is one of the admins to the LION SIGHTINGS group on FB alongside @"Brahimlegend" .   He has a lot of connections with guides and lodges.   But like all information, there is sometimes confusion and mis-guided reports that get passed from mouth to mouth.    I’m still hoping it’s just that…..mis interpretation.

Ah, ok, thank you very much for that @criollo2mil . I will cease questioning his motives then, that he works with @"Brahimlegend" is good enough for me.
4 users Like BA0701's post

Contributor

New posting from Aidan Dunlop shows 5 mhangeni lions at a kill.  

This begs the question which 5.  

I’ve asked him and awaiting response.

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 11:15 PM by criollo2mil )

Excuse my language but FUHKK.   I don’t see the sub adult here

I see 5 adults.   Which is baffling because it means BOTH elders returned.   

Means Tsala alone and the possible end to OM’s legacy.    Fuhkkkkkk. Sorry.  I’m gutted

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

I didn’t share links before because these stories expire, but if you want to take a look before they do :

https://instagram.com/stories/aidandunlo...2ZmNzg0YzQ=

https://instagram.com/stories/aidandunlo...2ZmNzg0YzQ=
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Sucks but hopefully they'll be able to have some form of stability now under PCM (assuming they are the father of the pregnant females cubs)
2 users Like Tonpa's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

Is it for sure that Tsalala princess is alone again?? Thanks!
1 user Likes afortich's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

I dont know. The two had a great bond and I cant see the Mhangeni lioness suddenly just abandoning her. It may be she perished in a conflict with the PC males, Birminghams or some other group. Same with the Sub. 

Though ultimately, its just one sighting. The sub may just decided to sit out this scramble for scraps and sleeping a bit further out. The Tsalala lioness could also just be nearby wondering whats the deal with her new friend suddenly meeting up with another pride.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(09-27-2022, 12:34 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I dont know. The two had a great bond and I cant see the Mhangeni lioness suddenly just abandoning her. It may be she perished in a conflict with the PC males, Birminghams or some other group. Same with the Sub. 

Though ultimately, its just one sighting. The sub may just decided to sit out this scramble for scraps and sleeping a bit further out. The Tsalala lioness could also just be nearby wondering whats the deal with her new friend suddenly meeting up with another pride.

Yea, we need to wait and see, but it doesn't look great for last OM sub. 

Female who was with Tsalala prob found Mhangenis on a kill and joined them, we will see if she sticks with them. 

Tsalala should be near by also.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States felinefan Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-27-2022, 04:26 AM by felinefan )

Per the FB posts, the sub-adult has not been seen since 16 Sept.  For all practical purposes, it is unlikely she will return at this point.  With that ends OM legacy.  However, I certainly hope the pride can find stability with the PCM's, Birminghams or new pride males. Also Tsalala female was seen alone on a kill in Londolozi.
2 users Like felinefan's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

What a shame. Othawa male sired more than 8 cubs with the Mangheni pride and none of them survived. 
So sad now that his legacy is finished!
2 users Like Mabingilane's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

I feel more sorry for the Mhangeni pride. They tried so hard and did a fantastic job concidering the odds.
I hope the PCmales can offer more stability. They need it after the disaster Nguvu turned out to be for them.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

DE_66 Offline

(09-28-2022, 04:25 AM)Mabingilane Wrote: What a shame. Othawa male sired more than 8 cubs with the Mangheni pride and none of them survived. 
So sad now that his legacy is finished!

His lineage might be finished, but a lion not passing on any offspring is not really a big deal.  It'd be nice if the healthiest specimens had many offspring, but even if they don't, lions from somewhere else will take their place.  The circle of life goes on.  As does our admiration for the species as a whole and certain individuals such as OM.  Not to get too sappy, but as long as we're alive to remember him and sites like this exist, his legacy is still strong.
7 users Like DE_66's post