There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Majingilane Coalition Male Lineage

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Junior Othawa in Kruger :

Photo Credits : Phil Gould Photography

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

So close, yet so far 
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-21-2021, 04:53 PM by Tr1x24 )

(08-21-2021, 04:07 PM)Tonpa Wrote: So close, yet so far 

There was that sighting?

They moved so far, im affraid we will lost track of them, they have similar rout as Talamati/Southern males, then we lost track of them.. Also they are in territory of 4 Phabeni males..

They are still 1.5-2 years away to pot start challenging for territory, thats a long time trying to avoid other males/prides and try to survive..

Hoping for the best..
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(08-21-2021, 04:50 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

There was that sighting?

They moved so far, im affraid we will lost track of them, they have similar rout as Talamati/Southern males, then we lost track of them.. Also they are in territory of 4 Phabeni males..

They are still 1.5-2 years away to pot start challenging for territory, thats a long time trying to avoid other males/prides and try to survive..

Hoping for the best..

Yikes 4 males, I hope they stay quiet

this was the krugersighings tweet 
https://twitter.com/LatestKruger/status/...4185804805
2 users Like Tonpa's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

There was that sighting?

Hoping for the best..

And Phabeni area isn't good as it has high poaching activity, which is a concern. Also, it makes it almost impossible for Gingerella to return home. Hopefully they will move away from that area soon. 
2 users Like lionuk's post

Timbavati Online
Moderators

(08-21-2021, 06:07 PM)lionuk Wrote:

There was that sighting?

Hoping for the best..

And Phabeni area isn't good as it has high poaching activity, which is a concern. Also, it makes it almost impossible for Gingerella to return home. Hopefully they will move away from that area soon. 
It's that true? I meant, I didn't knew Phabeni area had poaching activity. As far I know, It hasn't it
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-21-2021, 08:12 PM by lionuk )

(08-21-2021, 06:16 PM)Timbavati Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 06:07 PM)lionuk Wrote:

There was that sighting?

Hoping for the best..

It's that true? I meant, I didn't knew Phabeni area had poaching activity. As far I know, It hasn't it
Yes, it's true, unfortunately. Phabeni Gate - Numbi Gate/Pretoriuskop - Shitlhave Dam - Nyamundwa Dam areas. For example, 2 Shabeni lions were found dead between Phabeni Gate and Numbia Gate due to poaching in 2018. So far this year 5 poachers were arrested for poaching activity in those areas.
4 users Like lionuk's post

Mohawk4 Offline

OM

4 users Like Mohawk4's post

Sgarbi Offline
Banned

Alguém pode me dizer se o leão visto neste vídeo é Junior Otawa Majingilane?

https://youtu.be/neFyREfsUt8

Timbavati Online
Moderators

(11-04-2021, 10:15 AM)Sgarbi Wrote: Alguém pode me dizer se o leão visto neste vídeo é Junior Otawa Majingilane?

https://youtu.be/neFyREfsUt8

Welcome to the forum. No, he isn't Junior Othawa. He is one of the Mazithi/Tshokwane males
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(11-04-2021, 08:53 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Welcome to the forum. No, he isn't Junior Othawa. He is one of the Mazithi/Tshokwane males

Leeupan son.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Throwback, 2 Sparta males near Skukuza, August 2016 :

Photo Credits : DiscoverKruger

3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Othawa male :

Photo Credits : Singita

8 users Like Tr1x24's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(12-31-2021, 09:21 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Othawa male :

Photo Credits : Singita

I am not able to see the pic. Pls send me the Instagram link or any other. It's really would be great to see to see young othawa. 
For me it's showing author copyright issue...
1 user Likes DARK MANE's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(01-01-2022, 12:16 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: I am not able to see the pic. Pls send me the Instagram link or any other. It's really would be great to see to see young othawa. 
For me it's showing author copyright issue..

It was on Singita instagram story.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post