There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Portraits of Klaserie Royals
*This image is copyright of its original author

To be a truly successful lion king takes courage and strength along with wisdom and a tender touch. Photographed here is one of the current Klaserie River Pride Kings, Hosi, during a recent sighting -showing one of his younger cubs his softer, affectionate side. This paternal instinct will hopefully lead to future successful kings in his bloodline...including one of his older sons photographed below at the same sighting.

5 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Vuyela pride

10 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Birmingham breakaway pride feasting on a hippo carcass.

Sighting was on the 8th of April 2022.

6 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-01-2022, 05:15 PM by Tr1x24 )

(05-01-2022, 05:01 PM)Potato Wrote:

This is Orange Eyed BDM, 1/2 separated brothers, did he join Birmingham Breakaway's now?? Or was he not with them?

Still no sign of his brother, he was not seen in for long time, this one who was in Sabi Sands :

5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Italy Gabriele Offline

Beautiful pics. The nails look identical to a cat's, aside from the size. I also see the large number of scratches on the hippo's flesh.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(05-01-2022, 05:11 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(05-01-2022, 05:01 PM)Potato Wrote:

This is Orange Eyed BDM, 1/2 separated brothers, did he join Birmingham Breakaway's now?? Or was he not with them?

Still no sign of his brother, he was not seen in for long time, this one who was in Sabi Sands :

I have no idea what is he doing there. Hopefully it will be clearing up with the following updates. Maybe BDs moved into that arena. They are nomads after all so it wouldn't be much of a suprise. Certainly through it wouldn't make any sense that one of the Black Dams would split up from his brothers and then try to join up with unfamiliar group of males.
1 user Likes Potato's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(05-01-2022, 07:28 PM)Potato Wrote: it wouldn't make any sense that one of the Black Dams would split up from his brothers 

They probably became separated and now he's trying to make the best of his current situation by hanging out with this new group of males. Makes good sense to me.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(05-01-2022, 11:49 PM)sik94 Wrote:
(05-01-2022, 07:28 PM)Potato Wrote: it wouldn't make any sense that one of the Black Dams would split up from his brothers 

They probably became separated and now he's trying to make the best of his current situation by hanging out with this new group of males. Makes good sense to me.

It doesn't make sense at all to me. Black Dams are not moving too much as even if he would get separated from his brothers he should very easly be able to find them. Also it doesn't make sense from Birmingham Breakaway males point of view to accept another male into coalition as they are already huge group.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-02-2022, 02:12 AM by Tr1x24 )

(05-01-2022, 07:28 PM)Potato Wrote: I have no idea what is he doing there. Hopefully it will be clearing up with the following updates. Maybe BDs moved into that arena. They are nomads after all so it wouldn't be much of a suprise. Certainly through it wouldn't make any sense that one of the Black Dams would split up from his brothers and then try to join up with unfamiliar group of males.

As i said before, it was never confirmed that these 2 separated brothers rejoined their 4 brothers, apperantly they where only seen 1 time together and thats it. 

There no sightings/videos/pictures of 6 together since 2020 when they where still hiding from Xikukutsu's in Sandrigham.

Idk why are you pushing narrative that all 6 BDM's are together, they are not!. 

Also him being on photos doesnt mean he was with Breakaway's on the kill. 

I am more concerned about his brother..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(05-02-2022, 02:05 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: As i said before, it was never confirmed that these 2 separated brothers rejoined their 4 brothers, apperantly they where only seen 1 time together and thats it. 

There no sightings/videos/pictures of 6 together since 2020 when they where still hiding from Xikukutsu's in Sandrigham.

Idk why are you pushing narrative that all 6 BDM's are together, they are not!. 
From guide: 
"4 days ago, this boy and his brother, eventually managed to link up with their 4 brothers in their maternal territory in the southern parts of the reserve.

Since then the 6 have been roaming together, and for the first time in months, ventured deep into the Northern parts of the reserve where they made and fed on a kill for 2 days."

Up to you if you want to believe in guide's words or not through I do not see reason why not to. Also one could twist your words around and say "it was never confirmed/proven that 6 Black Dams DID NOT rejoin" so I do not get why you are pushing narrative that they surely did not rejoin. 
(05-02-2022, 02:05 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Also him being on photos doesnt mean he was with Breakaway's on the kill. 

I did not suggest he was. When I said "I have no idea what is he doing there." I meant what is he doing in that arena overall (does he want to claim Birmingham Breakaway, is he on his own or with bro, bros or on his own etc), not what is he doing on kill as he doesn't have blood on his face nor any scratches and in general he doesn't look like he was on kill.

(05-02-2022, 02:05 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: I am more concerned about his brother..
Makes sense through for my taste it is too early to be making assumtions somethink bad happened to his brother. He very likely might be 100% ok, just wasn't pictured.In general there are little of updates on 6 Black Dams so it is hard to say deffinitelly what is going on with them.
2 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-02-2022, 05:31 PM)Potato Wrote: From guide: 
"4 days ago, this boy and his brother, eventually managed to link up with their 4 brothers in their maternal territory in the southern parts of the reserve.

Since then the 6 have been roaming together, and for the first time in months, ventured deep into the Northern parts of the reserve where they made and fed on a kill for 2 days."

Up to you if you want to believe in guide's words or not through I do not see reason why not to. Also one could twist your words around and say "it was never confirmed/proven that 6 Black Dams DID NOT rejoin" so I do not get why you are pushing narrative that they surely did not rejoin. 

After that both gruops where again seen on their own, 4 where seen together and this Orange Eyed male was seen couple of times on his own, he even escaped Kruger. 

From there im getting that even if they did rejoin shortly, it didn't last, for now.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The smaller-maned Mbiri with his large pride at Orpen gate yesterday
Credit: Pebra  Kobert

10 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Giraffe pride in Timbavati Game Reserve. Sumatra and Hercules males cover some territory as well. 18 Lion in Total.