There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

BigLion39 Offline

Dam i wish there's something we could do. They definitely hunt lions for nothing but the sport. I hate scumbags like that. Horrible.
5 users Like BigLion39's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-21-2021, 04:19 PM by Tr1x24 )

(09-21-2021, 11:37 AM)sik94 Wrote: What the hell is this?

Saw it on Facebook.

I was checking out some Balule lion photos when I came across some shots of the Maseke males, so I looked at the photographer's page and found that they were a lion hunting outfit. I recommend bombarding their page with abuse. That’s Africa Safaris - https://www.instagram.com/thatsafricasafaris/

Yea, sad to see, this lions where hunted in private reserves (i see that white lion on that page was killed somewhere in Kalahari) which allows lion and other wildlife hunting and its legal (otherwise he would not post it on social media)..

Looks like Balule is allowing buffalo hunting, i dont think they would allow lion hunts, so i think Masekes should be safe.. 

But yea, i dont understand people like this, to pay couple thousand dollars to shot a lion, take picture with carcass and then hang it on the wall in his house to show off.. Reserves and agency's like this are also to be blame, greedy owners who only want profit .. I mean no words and unfortunately we can't do anything about it.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The two Mbiri males this morning at Ngala Private Game Reserve 
Photo credits: B. Mohler

*This image is copyright of its original author

10 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

6 users Like Timbavati's post

Hairy tummy Offline

The mbiri boys are tanks, great to see
4 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The two Mbiri males are back on Ngala. Last time they were here there was absolute chaos in the eastern parts as they chased the Birmingham pride off a Buffalo carcass and killed one of the youngest cubs. Who knows what’s going to happen in the following days or weeks but these two are enormous males - personally quite terrifying and terrific at the same time. What a morning 
Photo credit to: Roan Du Plessis 
Ngala,September 2021

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(09-21-2021, 10:34 PM)Timbavati Wrote: The two Mbiri males are back on Ngala. Last time they were here there was absolute chaos in the eastern parts as they chased the Birmingham pride off a Buffalo carcass and killed one of the youngest cubs. Who knows what’s going to happen in the following days or weeks but these two are enormous males - personally quite terrifying and terrific at the same time. What a morning 
Photo credit to: Roan Du Plessis 
Ngala,September 2021

These guys already have legendary status in lions world and they are still only 8 yrs old. 

They are roaming a lot lately, just recently they where quite deep in Manyeleti, and now again moving west into Ngala.. 

Looks like mating with Skorro pride females is coming to end and they are in search for new females.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Another great pics of the Mbiri males from this morning at Ngala Private Game Reserve. 
Photo courtesy of: Joanne Matson 
Ngala-Timbavati, posted: 21.09.2021

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-22-2021, 10:29 PM by Tonpa )

Birmingham breakaway had a run in the Birmingham pride on a wildebeast kill. Two breakaway cubs were injured, one limping and the other limping + a broken tail. 

8 users Like Tonpa's post

leaobr Offline

(09-22-2021, 03:17 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Another great pics of the Mbiri males from this morning at Ngala Private Game Reserve. 
Photo courtesy of: Joanne Matson 
Ngala-Timbavati, posted: 21.09.2021

Is this an impression of mine or Zigzag really has giant paws?
3 users Like leaobr's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

It was a case of girl power in a recent sighting of the mighty River Pride as the eldest female sub-adult was the first to brave the Klaserie river and follow her mother to the other side, leaving her male brothers quaking in their paws. Eventually, however, the young males also crossed one by one and the pride reunited. 
Photo credits: safari_emz

8 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

River male 

Photo credit: Esmaret

7 users Like lionuk's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

One of the Mbiri males looking as menacing as ever as the two of them patrol and scent mark around the eastern parts of Ngala. Who knows what the future might hold for the Birmingham pride and the two Ross males. Only time will tell and we’ll try our best to update as much as possible.

10 users Like Potato's post

South Africa Slayerd Offline

Can anyone say what the possible prides are for the Birmingham and Torchwood males to take over and what males would rival them for those prides
1 user Likes Slayerd's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-23-2021, 10:38 PM by Tr1x24 )

(09-23-2021, 10:14 PM)Slayerd Wrote: Can anyone say what the possible prides are for the Birmingham and Torchwood males to take over and what males would rival them for those prides

They are in the area close to Avoca pride, who currently dont have pride males as Mapoza moved into Thornybush, but they have subadults and now new cubs, so they would definitely try to avoid them, further west are Giraffes with Sumatra/Hercules and remaining Monwana male, and theres Monwanas in northern Thornybush with Mapoza.
East are Birmingham breakeaway's who are under Ross males and further north are newcomers, 2 Skorro males. 

If they stay around Shindzela/Makany Lodges, Avocas are most likely option, as some females will be back in estrus soon, i dont think they would try to challenge Ross males for Birmingham breakeaway pride atm, BYM prob respects them a lot.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post