There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-01-2022, 08:14 PM by Mdz123 )

(01-01-2022, 06:21 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(01-01-2022, 01:20 AM)Timbavati Wrote: He is doing well. He was spotted with the Thornybush/Monwana males (Trilogy sons) they have been in Thornybush lately.

Is Guernsey male with them?

Last update on Guernsey young male was mid-November, as far as I know
4 users Like Mdz123's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(12-31-2021, 06:01 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Still nothing recent of the other two brothers?   Been quite a while
Hopefully we will hear something regarding them soon. I'm sure they are okay somewhere. 
Anyway, I'm wondering about the Skorro male, no news of him in ages either.
4 users Like lionuk's post

United States BorntobeWild Offline

(01-02-2022, 01:29 AM)lionuk Wrote:
(12-31-2021, 06:01 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Still nothing recent of the other two brothers?   Been quite a while
Hopefully we will hear something regarding them soon. I'm sure they are okay somewhere. 

Are you asking about this guy? Here is the link: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YWq2bd_A2o&t=262s
1 user Likes BorntobeWild's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(01-03-2022, 04:18 AM)东方琳琅STD Wrote:

He meant young Skorro males sired by Orpen males, while on video you gave link to there is one of the two older Skorro males sired by Northern Matimbas.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

It’s been an interesting couple of weeks in Thornybush, particularly with regards to the lions that call the reserve home. Our resident Northern Pride (Monwana) has lost 1 youngster leaving a total of 8 young, 5 adult females and the majestic Maposa male pictured. We then have a coalition of 4 young males from the southern Black Dam pride that are back in Thornybush occupying the western side of the reserve. They could be potentially be a threat to Maposa…but not right now – they still have some growing to do. Then up in the north we have another coalition of 3 young males that are staying out of the way and keeping to themselves away from the potential threats of the other male lions. 2022 is going to be an interesting year! Let’s see what unfolds…

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like Potato's post

United States BorntobeWild Offline

(01-04-2022, 03:14 AM)Potato Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 04:18 AM)东方琳琅STD Wrote:

He meant young Skorro males sired by Orpen males, while on video you gave link to there is one of the two older Skorro males sired by Northern Matimbas.
I see. Thank you.
1 user Likes BorntobeWild's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The Skorro young male was sighted a month ago near Orpen gate. Looking in very good condition.
3 users Like Timbavati's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(01-05-2022, 06:00 AM)Timbavati Wrote: The Skorro young male was sighted a month ago near Orpen gate. Looking in very good condition.
I'm so happy to hear that! Because I'm worried about him, being all alone. Just wanted him to stay safe and well and hopefully to find himself a partner or two (coalition). 
Thanks for the update, sir.
3 users Like lionuk's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-05-2022, 07:33 PM by Mdz123 )

An old sighting of the deceased brother of Mapoza male
Credits: destroyah8

5 users Like Mdz123's post

RookiePundit Offline

I guess this is the thread to post it in - buffalo carcass live cam from Pridelands (in description they explain the situation, basically he succumbed to injuries in an important watersource, so they moved the carcass to prevent contamination).

So far flies could be heard, I guess we can see some wings flapping more and more soon.
2 users Like RookiePundit's post

RookiePundit Offline

18:52 cam time, limping lone lioness, thought to be Lagertha stood up and repositions, not eating

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(01-06-2022, 09:32 PM)RookiePundit Wrote: I guess this is the thread to post it in - buffalo carcass live cam from Pridelands (in description they explain the situation, basically he succumbed to injuries in an important watersource, so they moved the carcass to prevent contamination).

So far flies could be heard, I guess we can see some wings flapping more and more soon.

Looks like it still hasn’t been claimed yet, a lion pride will probably find it soon and we will have a feast on cam soon. Let’s hope they dont get curious and destroy the camera lol
2 users Like Mdz123's post

RookiePundit Offline

(01-07-2022, 01:28 AM)Mdz123 Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 09:32 PM)RookiePundit Wrote: I guess this is the thread to post it in - buffalo carcass live cam from Pridelands (in description they explain the situation, basically he succumbed to injuries in an important watersource, so they moved the carcass to prevent contamination).

Looks like it still hasn’t been claimed yet, a lion pride will probably find it soon and we will have a feast on cam soon. Let’s hope they dont get curious and destroy the camera lol

She was lying there, then stayed there out of picture according to Brent, making first approaching hyena uneasy due to her smell, but it seem she eventually took off without eating at all. Now (around 23 cam time) individual hyenas taking turns finding it and chewing off chunks for themselves (starting from the back and rear). The hyena den is 3km from the carcass according to Brent, so no surprise they found it, well some of them as of now. Not sure how far Ngati pride could be, someone in chat said they are "Far East" but I have no idea what that means regarding Pridelands and actual carcass location.

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-07-2022, 04:31 AM by Tonpa )

Young male lion escaped from Balule but was thankfully darted and returned 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYW00h_Knof/
6 users Like Tonpa's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Beautiful sighting of 4/6 Black Dam males resting together. Aren't they all so handsome? 
Credit: Rudi Hulshof

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like lionuk's post