There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

This is one of the six Black dam young males in Thornybush.
After of checking pics and whiskers pattern. These not are the same males that are in Shindzela. Great news! All Black dam young males are still alive.
Photo courtesy of: Rudi Hulshof

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Timbavati's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(11-15-2021, 08:02 PM)Timbavati Wrote: All Black dam young males are still alive.
which is fantastic news! However, they are not all together..
1 user Likes lionuk's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-15-2021, 02:45 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: So nothing on the last Monwana male? Such a shame. Hope he pops up.

Just received an update of him with possibly two new partners. I'll confirm it soon as I get some pics!

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(11-15-2021, 08:05 PM)lionuk Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 08:02 PM)Timbavati Wrote: All Black dam young males are still alive.
which is fantastic news! However, they are not all together..

Hopefully, they'll join each-other again. Four together in Waterbuck (Thornybush) and two in Shindzela.
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(11-15-2021, 02:25 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Londolozi is nomansland or rather nolionsland. It lies on the border of the various coalitions and prides. 
You are coming from conclusion that N'was will avoid Birmingham's territory and stay in just Londolozi which I believe is not even an option. For me there are 3 scenarios of what will N'was decide to do:

1. Give up on Londolozi and Mala Mala and return south. Everythink would be how it used to be so far.
2. N'was will try to remain in control over Sabi Sabi and will shift their territory to the north, only to the certain extend. They will take over southern Londolozi and central Mala Mala. Possibly even a bit more - central Londolozi and north-central Mala Mala. Birmingham males will be shifty driven out as well as young Kambula males. Kambula cubs will be killed. On the long run however I believe the change would be great for Kambula pride - it could resault in the pride reuniting over time and they wouldn't have competition for the food source in the form of Birmingham males and young Kambula males and would be ruled by much stronger and younger coalition - a perfect spot from which they can raise next generation.
3. N'was will shift heavly their territory further north. Beside what I have mentioned in point 2 they would push Avocas further north and out of Londolozi and Mala Mala. In such sace it would be intresting to see how will develop dynamic between Nkuchuma, Talamati and Imbali pride. Nkuchumas if they decide to move further away from N'was and return to Djuma they will bump into Talamati pride. Then Talamati pride may chosse to fight for that land or they can also shift back further north, but then they will bump into Imbali pride...

(11-15-2021, 03:03 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: By that logic, then Avoca pride should be more adequate choice, no pride males, closer to them and all females will be in estrus soon, some already are and if they are 4,or even 6, they can easily outmatch Torchwood and BYM.. 

I dont see any reason why BDM's would specifically target Ross males and Birmingham prides over other prides and coalitions in the area, like Avocas, Giraffes and even Monwanas (Xikukutsus where not seen with them and Mapoza for quite some time, lone Mapoza can be easy target). 
That reason is Xikukutsu/Mapoza coalition. I do not think they will choose to target that coalition at their first takeover attempt, particulary if they have easier option close by. It is not an impossible scenario by any means tho I see as more likely they will target Ross males. 

(11-15-2021, 03:03 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: And in the end, we actually dont know in which "maturity state" BDM's are, they will just turn 4 yrs, they are 1 year younger then Torchwood/ BYM, who only now showing sign of interes into territory, BDM's are even 4-5 months younger then Plains Camp males.. As far as we know, they might not be contesting for territory for another half a year to a year, so this speculation about BDM's takeovers are way too early..

No point of discussion this until BDM's actually show signs that they are "ready"..
Two of them were roaring all over Tintswalo and they put a beating to bigger and younger than a Ross males Birmingham male. They are already showing signs they are ready and with other Black Dam males joining them they will be yet much stronger (as a coalition) and more confident having more force to back them up. They can take their time if they want to, but I wouldn't be suprised at all if they sticke their claim for territory very soon.

(11-15-2021, 07:20 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Of course, Also would be grateful if those thread(s) won't be flood the with non-stop discussions. Which could end with guest and members of WildFact losing interest in the forum. The aim of WildFact is provide good sources and information. Often, long debates may make lost a bit of that.
The forum IS in big part about discusions. If someone wants updates only he can like some facebook page or group (where there are no discusions) or he can just scroll through those discusions on wildfact. I do not see any problem with either. NO one here is forced to read or to participate in those discusions.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The four Black dam young males in the south of Thornybush on a buffalo kill.
They were born in the end of July 2017 and the youngest of the six males was born in the end of November 2017.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 08:52 PM by Tr1x24 )

(11-15-2021, 08:20 PM)Potato Wrote: That reason is Xikukutsu/Mapoza coalition. I do not think they will choose to target that coalition at their first takeover attempt, particulary if they have easier option close by. It is not an impossible scenario by any means tho I see as more likely they will target Ross males.

Avocas are not under Xikukutsu and Mapoza, you didn't explain why they wouldnt target them? 

Still you didn't give me 1 logic reason why would BDM's specifically target Ross males, instead Avoca pride, Hercules/Sumatra, or Skorro males, etc.. 

It looks like this is only your whish.. 

And as i said few times already, Mapoza was not seen with Xikukutsu's in months, so 4-6 BDM's can easily oust lone Mapoza, especially if Xikukutsus are in Sandringham and target Monwanas. 

I dont considered Xikukutsus and Mapoza as coalition of 3, they are more like N. Avocas, semi-coalition of 2+1..

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 08:58 PM by Potato )

(11-15-2021, 08:39 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Avocas are not under Xikukutsu and Mapoza, you didn't explain why they wouldnt target them? 
Avoca pride spends time nowdays in the core of Xikukutsu/Mapoza territory. Unless they decide to return to Shindzela - their old stomping grounds they are very much under Xikukutsu/ Mapoza coalition.

(11-15-2021, 08:39 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Still you didn't give me 1 logic reason why would BDM's specifically target Ross males, instead Avoca pride, Hercules/Sumatra, or Skorro males, etc.. 

Ross males are esier target than MApoza/Xikukutsus and they are much closer target than Sumatra/Hercules and Skorro males.

(11-15-2021, 08:39 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: It looks like this is only your whish.. 

How does it suppose to infuence me if they takeover Birmingham pride or insteed they will go for Giraffe pride or Myambula or any other given pride in the region. Am I now aside of Birmingham males hater also Ross males hater? lol

(11-15-2021, 08:39 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: And as i said few times already, Mapoza was not seen with Xikukutsu's in months, so 4-6 BDM's can easily oust lone Mapoza, especially if Xikukutsus are in Sandringham.. 

I dont considered Xikukutsus and Mapoza as coalition of 3, they are more like N. Avocas, semi-coalition of 2+1..

That is your view on that coalition. Mine is different. I already wrote quite a bit in my previous comments. That you agree with me on that matter or not does not influence my opinion. 
(11-15-2021, 08:27 PM)Timbavati Wrote: The four Black dam young males in the south of Thornybush on a buffalo kill.
They were born in the end of July 2017 and the youngest of the six males was born in the end of November 2017.

They kinda look like Amahle N'was. When they reunite they will become unstopable force. Perhaps it is the time Mapogos fanboys are getting repeat of that infamous coalition.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 09:03 PM by Tr1x24 )

(11-15-2021, 08:20 PM)Potato Wrote: The forum IS in big part about discusions. If someone wants updates only he can like some facebook page or group (where there are no discusions) or he can just scroll through those discusions on wildfact. I do not see any problem with either. NO one here is forced to read or to participate in those discusions

1. This is wrong thread to discuss about dynamics of Sabi Sands

2. Discussion is not the problem, problem is that discussion is always about the same topic, Avocas vs Bboys, and now with N'ws in the mix, with 2 parties involved and million comments like "my favorit lions are better then yours", which is immature and with no point, so better that we dont have discussion's like that.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(11-15-2021, 09:02 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: 1. This is wrong thread to discuss about dynamics of Sabi Sands
Actually you are the one who first brough their topic there. It is funny how you are pointing your finger on me for discucing N'was case there since you yourself participated in this and even kinda started it. Also just to clarify it is not like I am now pointing my finger on you - I do not share the opinion that it is some particulary bad think that discusion took just turn. It is not optimal, but I do not think someone should have hurt feelings because of it. If someone does not want to read it, he can just easly scroll through.

(11-15-2021, 09:02 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: 2. Discussion is not the problem, problem is that discussion is always about the same topic, Avocas vs Bboys
It is not. For example there I talked about quite a few potentiall competitions as well as one current ongoing with no single word about Avocas vs BBoys. Also there would be way less discusions on Avocas vs BBoys if you wouldn't yourself bringing it up as here when there is talking about multiple different coalitions and prides, no single word on Avocas vs Birminghams and now out of nowhere you are bringing it up. Moreover funnyenough in the very same comment you wrote " This is wrong thread to discuss about dynamics of Sabi Sands"

(11-15-2021, 09:02 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: and now with N'ws in the mix
Case of N'was is fresh and important - has big impact on the lion dynamic in the arena so I do not get what is wrong in discusing it.

(11-15-2021, 09:02 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: with 2 parties involved and million comments like "my favorit lions are better then yours", which is immature and with no point, so better that we dont have discussion's like that.
Actually that is exactly how you yourself aproach this. You are clearly big Birminghams fan and clearly you have problem  with dealing with that some other user does not see them as strong and great as you see them. 

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(11-15-2021, 08:27 PM)Timbavati Wrote: The four Black dam young males in the south of Thornybush on a buffalo kill.

This is one of the better news and sightings in a long time.   To see the 4 brothers here are alive is fantastic.   Them plus the two in shindzela seem to indicate all 6/6 BDYMs are all safe and alive
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-15-2021, 08:57 PM)Potato Wrote: Avoca pride spends time nowdays in the core of Xikukutsu/Mapoza territory. Unless they decide to return to Shindzela - their old stomping grounds they are very much under Xikukutsu/ Mapoza coalition.

Avocas under Xikukutsus/Mapoza?? Not true, they are semi-nomadic, if they are in Xikukutsus/Mapoza territory, that doesnt mean they are under their control. 

(11-15-2021, 08:57 PM)Potato Wrote: Ross males are esier target than MApoza/Xikukutsus and they are much closer target than Sumatra/Hercules and Skorro males.

Now take a map and see where are Hercules/Sumatra and where Ross males compared to BDM's from Thornybush. 

Walkers River Camp (1 of core territories of Hercules/Sumatra) is literaly on Thornybush border, and Sumatra/Hercules where seen not long ago in northern Thornybush. Ross males are like 10 km south east of northern Thornybush. 

(11-15-2021, 08:57 PM)Potato Wrote: That is your view on that coalition. Mine is different. I already wrote quite a bit in my previous comments. That you agree with me on that matter or not does not influence my opinion. 

Yes its my view, because i dont have any evidence that Xikukutsus and Mapoza operate "full time" as coalition of 3, when was the last time we saw Xikukutsus with Mapoza and Monwana pride? Xikukutsus where for months in Sandringham, 1-2 months ago 1 returned and was seen in Thornybush with BD female, after that we again didn't see them, and Mapoza is seen regulary, that means that Xikukutsus are most time in Sandringham.. 

(11-15-2021, 08:57 PM)Potato Wrote: How does it suppose to infuence me if they takeover Birmingham pride or insteed they will go for Giraffe pride or Myambula or any other given pride in the region. Am I now aside of Birmingham males hater also Ross males hater? lol

I wont call you hater, but you definitely have more favorable lions then others, Bboys and Ross males you definitely dont like as you never give them credit they deserve and constantly downplaying them as they are "weak" compared to other coalitions, which you like. And that noticed most people on this forum, not only me. 

(11-15-2021, 08:57 PM)Potato Wrote: They kinda look like Amahle N'was. When they reunite they will become unstopable force. Perhaps it is the time Mapogos fanboys are getting repeat of that infamous coalition.

And this just confirms my claims i just wrote above. 
Unstopable force? Next Mapogos?...  Wonder if you will write like that for 6 young Kambulas.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Gijima Offline

Absolutely the best news. But where's the mohawk BDM? Remember he was completely alone in Thorneybush. Was he not in fact a BDM because he doesn't look like these four?
4 users Like Gijima's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 10:19 PM by Tr1x24 )

(11-15-2021, 09:30 PM)Potato Wrote: Actually you are the one who first brough their topic there. It is funny how you are pointing your finger on me for discucing N'was case there since you yourself participated in this and even kinda started it. Also just to clarify it is not like I am now pointing my finger on you - I do not share the opinion that it is some particulary bad think that discusion took just turn. It is not optimal, but I do not think someone should have hurt feelings because of it. If someone does not want to read it, he can just easly scroll through.

Quote:2. Discussion is not the problem, problem is that discussion is always about the same topic, Avocas vs Bboys
It is not. For example there I talked about quite a few potentiall competitions as well as one current ongoing with no single word about Avocas vs BBoys. Also there would be way less discusions on Avocas vs BBoys if you wouldn't yourself bringing it up as here when there is talking about multiple different coalitions and prides, no single word on Avocas vs Birminghams and now out of nowhere you are bringing it up. Moreover funnyenough in the very same comment you wrote " This is wrong thread to discuss about dynamics of Sabi Sands"

Quote:and now with N'ws in the mix
Case of N'was is fresh and important - has big impact on the lion dynamic in the arena so I do not get what is wrong in discusing it.

Quote:with 2 parties involved and million comments like "my favorit lions are better then yours", which is immature and with no point, so better that we dont have discussion's like that.
Actually that is exactly how you yourself aproach this. You are clearly big Birminghams fan and clearly you have problem  with dealing with that some other user does not see them as strong and great as you see them. 

(11-15-2021, 09:30 PM)Potato Wrote: Actually you are the one who first brough their topic there. It is funny how you are pointing your finger on me for discucing N'was case there since you yourself participated in this and even kinda started it. Also just to clarify it is not like I am now pointing my finger on you - I do not share the opinion that it is some particulary bad think that discusion took just turn. It is not optimal, but I do not think someone should have hurt feelings because of it. If someone does not want to read it, he can just easly scroll through.

Now go back and read in which context and why i mentioned N'ws in this thread, and who got "triggered" by that.

I only mentioned them "as example", i wrote that 2 times. 

(11-15-2021, 09:30 PM)Potato Wrote:
Quote:2. Discussion is not the problem, problem is that discussion is always about the same topic, Avocas vs Bboys

Quote:and now with N'ws in the mix

Quote:with 2 parties involved and million comments like "my favorit lions are better then yours", which is immature and with no point, so better that we dont have discussion's like that.

I dont want to argue with you, now go read past few pages again and see about what was that off topic discussion, and what i wrote.

If im Bboys fan for defending them from you? Then i im, aswell as Ross males fan also, and fan of every coalition you are undervaluing  or down playing for no reason. 

Now can we end this discussion..

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-15-2021, 09:38 PM)Gijima Wrote: Absolutely the best news. But where's the mohawk BDM? Remember he was completely alone in Thorneybush. Was he not in fact a BDM because he doesn't look like these four?

Thats Guernsey male.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post