There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-26-2021, 10:18 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Isn't Sumatra Hercules son? Seems Hercules is currently in better condition.

Also, were the Monwanas BDM only surviving male offspring, did he leave behind any others to carry on his legacy?

Hercules is sired by Trilogy males.

Giraffe young male is also BDM's son.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(04-26-2021, 10:22 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 10:18 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Isn't Sumatra Hercules son? Seems Hercules is currently in better condition.

Also, were the Monwanas BDM only surviving male offspring, did he leave behind any others to carry on his legacy?

Unbelievable, with GM missing as well. That's crushing.

But isn't Hurcules' current partner, Sumatra, his own son?
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(04-26-2021, 05:21 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

Hercules and the Sumatra males are unrelated males that joined forces a couple of years ago. The Sumatra male is approaching to the 10 years old and his prime is passing day by day. The Hercules male was born to the end of 2014 or even early to mid 2015. Still unclear, as there are pics of him in mid 2016 with a quite nice mane for just 1 year old sub--adult male
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-26-2021, 05:31 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Hercules and the Sumatra males are unrelated males that joined forces a couple of years ago. The Sumatra male is approaching to the 10 years old and his prime is passing day by day. The Hercules male was born to the end of 2014 or even early to mid 2015. Still unclear, as there are pics of him in mid 2016 with a quite nice mane for just 1 year old sub--adult male

I think Hercules is definitely born in 2014.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(04-26-2021, 05:42 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 05:31 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Hercules and the Sumatra males are unrelated males that joined forces a couple of years ago. The Sumatra male is approaching to the 10 years old and his prime is passing day by day. The Hercules male was born to the end of 2014 or even early to mid 2015. Still unclear, as there are pics of him in mid 2016 with a quite nice mane for just 1 year old sub--adult male

Could be possible, As lion mane starts to grow at the age of 1 year old  and he in September 2015 had a small blond-mane
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Super Moderator

(04-26-2021, 05:31 PM)Timbavati Wrote:

Hercules and the Sumatra males are unrelated males that joined forces a couple of years ago. The Sumatra male is approaching to the 10 years old and his prime is passing day by day. The Hercules male was born to the end of 2014 or even early to mid 2015. Still unclear, as there are pics of him in mid 2016 with a quite nice mane for just 1 year old sub--adult male

Oh, OK, I thought I had read when they lost the Skorokoro Pride that Sumatra was Hercules son, with comparisons to the Notches. I must be confusing two separate things. Thank you my friend!
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Super Moderator

(04-26-2021, 05:42 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Thank you for that. That would certainly explain why Hercules appears in such better shape.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(04-26-2021, 08:07 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 05:31 PM)Timbavati Wrote:

Oh, OK, I thought I had read when they lost the Skorokoro Pride that Sumatra was Hercules son, with comparisons to the Notches. I must be confusing two separate things. Thank you my friend!

Anytime my friend, Hercules and Sumatra males sired a few cubs in the Skorro pride, It's believed that were accepted by the Mbiri males. Although still wasn't confirmed
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-26-2021, 08:09 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Anytime my friend, Hercules and Sumatra males sired a few cubs in the Skorro pride, It's believed that were accepted by the Mbiri males. Although still wasn't confirmed

Nop, those cubs are all dead, only if some lioness was already pregnant when Mbiri males cane, so they accept them as theirs.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(04-26-2021, 08:27 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-26-2021, 08:09 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Anytime my friend, Hercules and Sumatra males sired a few cubs in the Skorro pride, It's believed that were accepted by the Mbiri males. Although still wasn't confirmed

Nop, those cubs are all dead, only if some lioness was already pregnant when Mbiri males cane, so they accept them as theirs.

I know that the older cubs are dead... I am talking about the new ones.
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

A recent sighting of the Mbiri male - He lost a lot of mane!
7 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Timbavati update - All 5 Vuyela males were seen on a waterbuck kill on Saturday with two lionesses (The lionesses were looking skinny)
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(04-27-2021, 03:30 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Timbavati update - All 5 Vuyela males were seen on a waterbuck kill on Saturday with two lionesses (The lionesses were looking skinny)

Timbavati or Klaserie update? Where they were sighted?
2 users Like Potato's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(04-27-2021, 07:19 PM)Potato Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 03:30 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Timbavati update - All 5 Vuyela males were seen on a waterbuck kill on Saturday with two lionesses (The lionesses were looking skinny)

Timbavati or Klaserie update? Where they were sighted?

Baobab in Klaserie
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline
( This post was last modified: 04-28-2021, 02:18 AM by Cunaguaro )

A gorgeous shot of a one of the two Mbiri males, known as Shaka, whose features are always serious. No one likes messing with him, he is known for his ferocity and constant attack, no matter what it takes.
Kruger National Park, South Africa
Photographer Credit
To Follow & For Print: @johan_evert

8 users Like Cunaguaro's post