There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(09-16-2020, 08:50 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Birmingham young male on WildEarth in excellent condition, his limp is much better :

*This image is copyright of its original author

He has potential to become really massive. So glad that limp is beginning to fade.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

[video=facebook" target="_blank" class="post_link">https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=369689967390453/[/video]
]

2/3 Nharhu male lions together with the River Pride at RockFig Safari Lodge.

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(09-17-2020, 12:40 AM)BA0701 Wrote: He has potential to become really massive. So glad that limp is beginning to fade

He will be massive like his half brother Dark Mane Avoca and their father Brutus, absolute beasts..

Im rly excited to see what future holds for him, he has quite unique storyline so far, he is very attached to his pride and fighted of 2 dominant Ross males who tryed to oust him but without sucess..

Tyson still doesnt like him, but he doesnt dare to fight him alone for serious at this point, because his brother Fabio is very tolerate of him (no agression between them whatsoever).. 

At this point, if he manages to stay with the pride for half a year to a year more, i think its quite likely for him to form a coalition with his younger brothers who are 2 yrs younger.. I hope for that scenario..
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(09-17-2020, 12:40 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 08:50 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Birmingham young male on WildEarth in excellent condition, his limp is much better :

He has potential to become really massive. So glad that limp is beginning to fade.
He is going to became a big specimen,all this is while his injured leg not get worse.
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(09-17-2020, 01:53 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 12:40 AM)BA0701 Wrote: He has potential to become really massive. So glad that limp is beginning to fade

He will be massive like his half brother Dark Mane Avoca and their father Brutus, absolute beasts..

Im rly excited to see what future holds for him, he has quite unique storyline so far, he is very attached to his pride and fighted of 2 dominant Ross males who tryed to oust him but without sucess..

Tyson still doesnt like him, but he doesnt dare to fight him alone for serious at this point, because his brother Fabio is very tolerate of him (no agression between them whatsoever).. 

At this point, if he manages to stay with the pride for half a year to a year more, i think its quite likely for him to form a coalition with his younger brothers who are 2 yrs younger.. I hope for that scenario..

Yes totally,Also I would like think that he was also probably sired by the comrade of Brutus,that In my opinion was by far the biggest of the five bros,a absolutely beast!

Super Moderator

Something to be said about persistence, for sure. I really do hope he is able to hang in there, just like you said. But, if he tries to mount another lioness, especially if either Ross Male sees it, I'm not so sure Fabio would remain as tolerant. Hopefully he is able to resist that urge, if it arises again.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(09-17-2020, 01:58 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

Something to be said about persistence, for sure. I really do hope he is able to hang in there, just like you said. But, if he tries to mount another lioness, especially if either Ross Male sees it, I'm not so sure Fabio would remain as tolerant. Hopefully he is able to resist that urge, if it arises again.

In fact, Fabio is very very tolerant with him,I believe that if Tyson doesn't do nothing,he also will make the same,I will say that Tyson if the undisputed BOSS in this duo,Although in 2015/2016 when they sired the 2 Xikukutsu males,Fabio was the BOSS
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Super Moderator

(09-17-2020, 02:05 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:

In fact, Fabio is very very tolerant with him,I believe that if Tyson doesn't do nothing,he also will make the same,I will say that Tyson if the undisputed BOSS in this duo,Although in 2015/2016 when they sired the 2 Xikukutsu males,Fabio was the BOSS

Sort of like the relationship Mahkulu had with Mr. T. In the beginning Mak was the dominant one, in his later years he gave way to T, when he returned following KT's death.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(09-17-2020, 02:08 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 02:05 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:

Sort of like the relationship Mahkulu had with Mr. T. In the beginning Mak was the dominant one, in his later years he gave way to T, when he returned following KT's death.

Yeah probably even can exist that they exchange role like the Mbiri males among others, used to do time to time

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

1 of "the Trilogy" males... if looks could kill. He's a very scary looking lion.
Photo credit to: EV Photography
Klaserie,Posted: 02/06/2014.

5 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Skorro males (matimba sons) seen this morning on Argyle property close to Klaserie and umbabat boundary together with a younger skittish male
5 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Throwback to January 2016 with the two Ross males at Kings Camp Lodge in the Timbavati.
Photo credits to: EV Photography
Timbavati-Kings Camp Lodge,Posted: 02.01.2016.

3 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

"Calling King"
This morning we spent some quality time with the Trilogy males. What magnificent animals.
Photo credit to: EV Photography
Klaserie Private Game Reserve,Posted: 17.08.2015.

4 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The Short tailed Birmingham lioness keeping her cubs in a row at Ngala Private Game Reserve
Photo credit to: Brad Oliver
Timbavati-Ngala Private Game Reserve,Image date back: August 2018

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The two Ross males on morning patrol during golden hours of a winters morning.
Photo credit to: Roan Du Plessis
Timbavati-Ngala Private Game Reserve,Image date back: August 2020

4 users Like Timbavati's post