There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

South Africa Rabubi Offline

(08-29-2020, 07:17 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: @"TinoArmando" yeah Ricky is good. Yeah they seem like two impressive nomads will be interesting to see what they do

I wonder if they are nomadic or they were just trying to expand their current territory. I understand that even prime males can be nomadic but I would be surprised if these two beasts aren't currently territorial pride males coming from elsewhere.
3 users Like Rabubi's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(08-29-2020, 07:40 PM)Rabubi Wrote:
(08-29-2020, 07:17 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: @"TinoArmando" yeah Ricky is good. Yeah they seem like two impressive nomads will be interesting to see what they do

I wonder if they are nomadic or they were just trying to expand their current territory. I understand that even prime males can be nomadic but I would be surprised if these two beasts aren't currently territorial pride males coming from elsewhere.

Most likely those are expanding Nsemani males. Larger Nsemani (older Mbiri) has few characteristic scars on his face so if we get close photo shot on the face on running males we could confirm or deny his identity.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

I don't know how answer this.
But, the Mbiri haven't any territory established on Timbavati, at least that I remember, they were chased by the Nharhu and since then they never took-over again.
Maybe they're dominant on KNP
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(08-29-2020, 08:31 PM)TinoArmando Wrote:

But, the Mbiri haven't any territory established on Timbavati, at least that I remember, they were chased by the Nharhu and since then they never took-over again.

Nharhus just pushed Mbiris further south and away from River pride. There is no doubt that Mbiris are still terrytorrial and in full control of at least one pride (Myambula).
2 users Like Potato's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Guys, i was wrong, those are not Nsemani males, after checking whisker spots of Rockfig male and that left male:

*This image is copyright of its original author

Its just unbelievable how 2 coalitions of 2 lions can be around the same area that are so similar to each other..
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-29-2020, 09:06 PM)Potato Wrote:
(08-29-2020, 08:31 PM)TinoArmando Wrote:

Nharhus just pushed Mbiris further south and away from River pride. There is no doubt that Mbiris are still terrytorrial and in full control of at least one pride (Myambula).
I know that Mbiri are still in charge over the Mayambula pride, I just  said that they aren't dominant in Timbavati at all (for now)
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-29-2020, 09:08 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Guys, i was wrong, those are not Nsemani males, after checking whisker spots of Rockfig male and that left male:

Its just unbelievable how 2 coalitions of 2 lions can be around the same area that are so similar to each other..
You now have got it Grin
Great!

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

So what is the conclusion of how BDM died at the end?? I see a lot of Facebook page posting that Monwanas finished him out, is there any evidence of that??
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 08-30-2020, 10:30 AM by BA0701 )

(08-30-2020, 06:06 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: So what is the conclusion of how BDM died at the end?? I see a lot of Facebook page posting that Monwanas finished him out, is there any evidence of that??

@"TinoArmando" has received contradicting information is last I heard. Not sure if we will ever know for certain at this point, to be honest. As long as we don't know for certain, I will personally choose to believe he died feeding the pride, from the injuries he received by the buffalo, as opposed to being incapacitated by a buffalo and finished by his own two sons.
3 users Like BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The Mbiri males
Image credits to: Jacqued Jordaan

8 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-30-2020, 06:06 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: So what is the conclusion of how BDM died at the end?? I see a lot of Facebook page posting that Monwanas finished him out, is there any evidence of that??

In my humble opinion at the moment nobody shows a proof of the BDM was killed by their own sons.
I believe, that he died from the blood loss as James Walker explain me and later the hyenas found him and started to feeding of the carcass,Also exist the possibilitie that he has died by the several bleeding while he was crossing the Monwana river, and later the Monwana found him already "dead".
However, James Walker, which is a reliable source who works in Walkers River Camp has said that the lions not do that,So most likely were the hyenas who eaten him

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

SOCHA

Born to the Impalabos pride of Balule, at some point this incredible fighter teamed up with another lone lion, Hosi, and the two began a partnership that has brought them here to Klaserie Drift and the River pride. A year and a half later, he is the proud father of 10 cubs and the next generation of Klaserie legends

8 users Like Potato's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(08-31-2020, 10:48 PM)Potato Wrote: SOCHA

Born to the Impalabos pride of Balule, at some point this incredible fighter teamed up with another lone lion, Hosi, and the two began a partnership that has brought them here to Klaserie Drift and the River pride. A year and a half later, he is the proud father of 10 cubs and the next generation of Klaserie legends

What a beautiful, albeit very busy, male. May they have a long reign!
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Update on Giraffe male and Black Dam Pride :

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEnOTpsgdqi/...uqt468e4gh

So Giraffe male and few females moved into private noncomercial property called Sandrigham, thats why theres little sighting of them at Thornybush..
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

New Zealand Selati Offline

(09-02-2020, 01:34 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Update on Giraffe male and Black Dam Pride :

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEnOTpsgdqi/...uqt468e4gh

So Giraffe male and few females moved into private noncomercial property called Sandrigham, thats why theres little sighting of them at Thornybush..

Will be a while before we see any updates on him then unfortunately.
2 users Like Selati's post