There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others)

Venezuela titose Offline

Two of the five heavyweights of the Ngorongoro Crater and that could be none other than the famous Lake Quintet male coalition, impressive massive bodies accompanied by a huge mane!  
#NgorongoronCrater #LakeQuintetMales
By Adrián Galán

*This image is copyright of its original author

8 users Like titose's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

The beautiful King Snyggve at Serengeti National Park. Look at his mane! It's as he had it styled.
Picture taken this week. 
Photo credit: Auorecpz

8 users Like lionuk's post

Venezuela titose Offline

Meet the 3 Kaskaz pride males (Omokale, Bron and Rami), the 3 Kaskaz males are dominant in the Nyamalubwa area (Gardenia zone), northern Serengeti. 
#SerengetiNationalPark #KaskazPrideMales
By NASIKIA CAMPS - @moodieshots

Male #1
Kaskaz Mara Camp - Nasikia Guides’ Big Cat ID Project. 
Name: Omokale
Mane size: 10-15 cm
Nose color: Black with small patches
Ear tears: Left ear cut lower and upper
Unusual features: Black patch above the nose
No# left whisker: 30 ID spots
No# right whisker: 25 ID spots
Pride group: Kaskaz Mara pride
Conservancy: Serengeti national park
Notes: He is the head of pride leading his two brothers.
‘Omokale’ is a Kuria name meaning ‘warrior’ 

Male #2
Kaskaz Mara Camp - Nasikia Guides’ Big Cat ID project:
Name: Bron
Mane size: 7-8cm
Nose colour: Dark patch with spot
Ear cuts: Both ears are cut
Unusual features: Scar on left lower mandible
No# left whiskers: 23 ID spots
No# right whiskers: 27 ID sopt
Conservancy: Serengeti National Park
Notes: He is the second of Kaskaz pride, he is handsome.
‘Bron’ is a name which means ‘origin’ or ‘the beginning of anything’

Male #3
Kaskaz Mara Camp - Nasikia Guides’ Big Cat ID Project: Name: Rami
Mane size: 8-10 cm
Nose colour: Black and pink spots
Ear tears: Both ears are cut
Unusual features: Scars on the body and lower mandible on right side
No# left whiskers: 31 ID spots
No# right whiskers: 27 ID spots
Conservancy: Serengeti National Park
Notes: He is #3 male in his pride.
The name Rami means ‘wise protector’, pleasing, a person who is happiest with people.

8 users Like titose's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

Stunning shot of one of the five Lake Quintet Males who rules the Ngorongoro Crater area, characterized by the thick mane that extends to the middle of the back! Impressive males.

Ngorongoro Crater, Tanzania.
Photographer credit to follow & for prints: @zhayynnjamesphotography
8 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

Man I really need to go to the ngorongoro carter and see some of these lions.!
2 users Like Lycaon's post

Venezuela titose Offline

The Kaskaz pride males "Omokale, Bron and Rami" - the rulers of Nyamalubwa area (Gardenia zone), northern Serengeti.
"Today's pain is tomorrow's power. The more you suffer today, the stronger you are tomorrow"
#Serengeti #Nyamalubwa #KaskazPrideMales
By mohamed hassan @moodieshots

6 users Like titose's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

The impressive Kings of Namiri Plains; Snyggvu & Tryggvu
Photo credit: AGPfoto

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 10-24-2021, 12:47 AM by BA0701 )

Recently rewatched the Lions Gangland, about the Vumbi pride. I have watched this numerous times, it is such an excellent documentary, and incredibly informative. But, to this day, no matter how many times I watch it, or how many images of other lions I view, I believe that Hildor might be the largest lion I have seen. He also appears larger than C-Boy as well. This could be due to camera angles, etc... but both of those lions look enormous. Those lionesses are also super quick to pull the trigger on attacking their own pride male, which appears to also be something you don't see every day. Truly fascinating dynamics in this pride, that has seen so many incredible hardships, which appear to be a part of their daily lives, and they have simply adapted. This is the documentary:

7 users Like BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-24-2021, 12:46 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Recently rewatched the Lions Gangland, about the Vumbi pride. I have watched this numerous times, it is such an excellent documentary, and incredibly informative. But, to this day, no matter how many times I watch it, or how many images of other lions I view, I believe that Hildor might be the largest lion I have seen. He also appears larger than C-Boy as well. This could be due to camera angles, etc... but both of those lions look enormous. Those lionesses are also super quick to pull the trigger on attacking their own pride male, which appears to also be something you don't see every day. Truly fascinating dynamics in this pride, that has seen so many incredible hardships, which appear to be a part of their daily lives, and they have simply adapted. This is the documentary:

Wow, I remember last time I saw this documentary was in 2019. In the World lion day in Nat geo channel. C-boy and Hildur were big males, their manes were dark and healthy ones. His son, Snyggvu inherited the C-boy genes. A true beast of a male lion. BTW, There is a good documentary about Timbavati lions from the past, including the Timbavati males and Mahlathini, Sohobele males and Sohobele pride. Documentary posted below

4 users Like Timbavati's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 10-24-2021, 03:27 AM by BA0701 )

(10-24-2021, 02:37 AM)Timbavati Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 12:46 AM)BA0701 Wrote: Recently rewatched the Lions Gangland, about the Vumbi pride. I have watched this numerous times, it is such an excellent documentary, and incredibly informative. But, to this day, no matter how many times I watch it, or how many images of other lions I view, I believe that Hildor might be the largest lion I have seen. He also appears larger than C-Boy as well. This could be due to camera angles, etc... but both of those lions look enormous. Those lionesses are also super quick to pull the trigger on attacking their own pride male, which appears to also be something you don't see every day. Truly fascinating dynamics in this pride, that has seen so many incredible hardships, which appear to be a part of their daily lives, and they have simply adapted. This is the documentary:

Wow, I remember last time I saw this documentary was in 2019. In the World lion day in Nat geo channel. C-boy and Hildur were big males, their manes were dark and healthy ones. His son, Snyggvu inherited the C-boy genes. A true beast of a male lion. BTW, There is a good documentary about Timbavati lions from the past, including the Timbavati males and Mahlathini, Sohobele males and Sohobele pride. Documentary posted below

Awesome, will give that a watch. Is that the same Snyggvu who is still around, who also has, quite possibly. The most imoressive mane I have ever seen as well.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-24-2021, 02:49 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

Awesome, will hive that a watch. Is that the same Snyggvu who is still around, who also has, quite possibly. The most imoressive mane I have ever seen as well.

Yes, Snyggve, son of C-Boy is still alive and pretty dominant in the area. He is father of a lot of cubs.
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Zebra Kopjes pride male with little cub, Serengeti National Park
So protective of his cub!
Photo credit: African Big Cats Safaris

Leo Aslan Offline
Banned

A great King of the Serengeti - C-BOY

5 users Like Leo Aslan's post

LandSeaLion Offline
Banned

A lion walking very close to tourist vans in the crater.

4 users Like LandSeaLion's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Where is this documentary? 
Please if u could give me the link