There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others)

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Zhayynn James: " Positioning yourself for the best possible angle is something tag you have to consider in advance. While it may appear that I’ve made this image by lying at ground level, that wouldn’t actually be possible with a lion on the prowl. In reality, I was in my 4x4 and had requested the guide to drive ahead of this lion and down, off the track at a place where the land slopes away. This brought the window to eye-level and all I had to do was wait for the lion to walk into the frame. Of course, I had to seek the permission of my fellow photographers in the vehicle and it really helped to have their trust in positioning the vehicle. "

2 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Serval Adventure: " Brothers of distructions "

Clearly a big male.

Wildanimal Lover

Serval Adventure: " Goodmorning Our followers from @serengeti_national_park
#simba #lionking #lionsofserengetipark #serengeti "

No water is lost... But I really think the lions (and the other felids) don't drink efficiently. They are just diping their tongue into the water and bringing back it into their mouth. Of course, being top predator they have more time to drink without been threatening by a potential enemy. But when I compare them with any herbivorous specy drinking at a water point in Africa...
1 user Likes Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Gorgeous male...

Wildanimal Lover

Zhayynn James: " Tag Team. This male followed close on the heels of this female, not wanting to let her out of sight. She was trying a little social distancing, but he wasn’t having any of it.
I made this image as he curled, framing the male’s eye perfectly. "

Wildanimal Lover

Daniel Rosengren: " Finally Friday! There is nothing like as relaxed as a relaxing cat. This lion has found a nice and comfortable tree in the Serengeti National Park, Tanzania. "

Wildanimal Lover

Lucien Beaumont: " Patrolling the crater under the watchful eye of a wildebeest. "

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline
( This post was last modified: 05-18-2020, 11:05 AM by Cunaguaro )

"Today I am happy to reveal the front cover of “One Life”. Since when I shot it in February 2019 in the Serengeti, there was never any doubt in my mind that this image would be centrepiece of this story...".
Federico Veronesi
16 May, 2020.

*This image is copyright of its original author
2 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

2 users Like Cunaguaro's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

4 users Like Pckts's post

Wildanimal Lover

Zhayynn James: " Just a pair of lionesses on a huge acacia tree, scouting the landscape. Lions will climb trees wherever possible, to escape the incessant flies and other biting insects for as long as they can, as they sleep for almost 20 hours of the day. It also helps that these are excellent vantage points for them to scour the landscape for potential prey and competition like hyenas and threats like rival pride males. "

Wildanimal Lover

Daniel Rosengren: " The colour of a lion blend in well with the dry grass of Serengeti National Park, Tanzania. "

3 users Like Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Khalid: " I can see you ! "

Wildanimal Lover

Harman Singh Heer: " Her eyes tell stories of a thousand words "

1 user Likes Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

Daniel Rosengren: " A brave agama lizard about to jump onto the nose of a large lion to catch one of those juicy flies. It is not that uncommon to observe this behaviour when a pride of lions is resting on a rock in the sun. Flies are attracted to the lions which in turn attracts the lizards. They are very daring and make quick leaps onto the face, mane and bodies of the lions to catch flies. Many times the lions don't even seem to notice, other times they lift their head in surprise, but soon go back to what they do best, sleeping. I once helped a @bbc film team finding lions on rocks where they could film this, they go some really nice footage.

Imagine if this lion would yawn just as the lizard jumps.
Serengeti National Park, Tanzania. "

To complete this amazing bond between lions and agamas:

3 users Like Spalea's post