There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Georgia Dreadlocks Offline

Rigrt now aroud of sabi sand are not male lion coalition, who can challenge avocas b boys or other ones. I think in middle or last quarter  of 2020 B boys will start to take over othowas or mhangheni pride, same way was done by majingilane an

Blondemane Offline

i think they moved to manyeleti or into kruger... from that pic they dont have manes but they are in very good shape, very bulky...

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(12-04-2019, 04:19 AM)Dreadlocks Wrote: Rigrt now aroud of sabi sand are not male lion coalition, who can challenge avocas b boys or other ones. I think in middle or last quarter  of 2020 B boys will start to take over othowas or mhangheni pride, same way was done by majingilane an

N'waswishaka males (coalition of 4) are currently in Sabi Sabi and sooon may try to take over one of Sabi Sands pride.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(12-04-2019, 06:32 AM)Blondemane Wrote: i think they moved to manyeleti or into kruger... from that pic they dont have manes but they are in very good shape, very bulky...

Newest Tintswalo update doesn't indicate that they went back to Manyeleti neither did any of Sabi Sands lodge so it looks like they moved to the east from Buffelshoek into Kruger. There is basiccly no updates from that region so it is immpossible to say how far they moved. They could have stick very close to Avoca's territory all this time or moved further from them. Immpossible to say therefore however their return to northen Sabi Sands was and always is an option.
2 users Like Potato's post

Georgia Dreadlocks Offline

(12-04-2019, 01:36 PM)Potato Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 04:19 AM)Dreadlocks Wrote: Rigrt now aroud of sabi sand are not male lion coalition, who can challenge avocas b boys or other ones. I think in middle or last quarter  of 2020 B boys will start to take over othowas or mhangheni pride, same way was done by majingilane an

N'waswishaka males (coalition of 4) are currently in Sabi Sabi and sooon may try to take over one of Sabi Sands pride.

this coalition thinks only for food, they migrates with buffalos,  and also we not seen roar or something like that, which can mind land takeover. (sorry for my english)

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(12-03-2019, 09:17 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 01:40 PM)Potato Wrote: Orpen males are definitelly to far away to fight with Avocas.

Who are the new 5 strong coalition?
Thanks

4 years old Nharu males from Manyeleti sired by Thanda Impi males - Sizanani and Skorro.
3 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Theres no sighting of Nharu males since more then month ago when they where seen in Buffelshoek,i too think that they ventured east into Kruger, prob still close to south Manyeleti and Buffelshoek. 

I dont think that they are in Sabi Sands and Avocas territory whatsoever.

Jacis Sabi House post looked to me like they heard that Nharu males where seen in Buffelshoek 1 month ago, so they assumed they are still there and thats why Avocas where roaring, with 0 evidence, no other lodge reported anything about 5 Nharu males.

Recently reports of some of this lodges from the north where full of false info, mistaking Torchwood male for Nkuhuma male, mistaking Mhangeni Big Boy few days for Nkuhuma male, 2 unknown lionesses they didnt indentify etc..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Thanks for the update ??

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Othawa queen "Sassy", sister of Othawa male Nguvu:

*This image is copyright of its original author

She is doing fenomenal job of raisig her first litter of 3 cubs atm, and with 2 Aunty Othawa lionesses getting older, she and her young daughter are the future of this pride.

Styx pride with 6 members at Sabi Sabi:

Only 6 members left out of massive young Styx pride in 2018, when after Bboys abandon them, their mothers decided to run and save the youngsters from N. Avocas and are nomadic since. 

It seems that are only 2 older lionesses still alive, 3 sub adult females and 1 young male, youngsters where born in 3 litters (late 2016,early 2017 and late 2017,sired by Bboys) but its unknown who of which litter is still alive, young male looks the oldest and biggest, starting to developing mane, he is prob born in late 2016/early 2017 and is around 3 yrs old. 

With their subadults getting to an 3 yrs old and when young male leaves the pride, i assume that the Styx pride in the next 1 year or so will settle down and start to find a coalition of males for themselves, even tho rn their days are quite hard, with 5 females in the pride, future of the pride is bright.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(12-04-2019, 08:39 PM)Dreadlocks Wrote:
(12-04-2019, 01:36 PM)Potato Wrote:

this coalition thinks only for food, they migrates with buffalos,  and also we not seen roar or something like that, which can mind land takeover. (sorry for my english)

That is so far, but they are entering age in which they gonna start thinking about some takeover.

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"Only 6 members left out of massive young Styx pride in 2018, when after Bboys abandon them, their mothers decided to run and save the youngsters from N. Avocas and are nomadic since. "

That is quite common view on that matter, but I would say that pressure from Torchwood brokeaway pride played also played big part in Styx pride leaving northen Mala Mala. 

"It seems that are only 2 older lionesses still alive, 3 sub adult females and 1 young male, youngsters where born in 3 litters (late 2016,early 2017 and late 2017,sired by Bboys) but its unknown who of which litter is still alive, young male looks the oldest and biggest, starting to developing mane, he is prob born in late 2016/early 2017 and is around 3 yrs old. "

To be precise there are:

1 ADULT FEMALE 11 YEARS 10 MONTHS 
1 ADULT FEMALE 8 YEARS 10 MONTHS 
2 SUB ADULTS 2 YEARS 11 MONTHS 
1 SUB ADULTS 2 YEARS 9 MONTHS 
1 SUB ADULTS 2 YEARS 4 MONTHS
5 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Tsalala pride with Nhenha

9 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

2 out of 4 N'waswishaka males few weeks ago,around Kruger Gate,close to Lion Sands:

6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

We followed the N’waswishaka coalition of lions as they were trailing a herd of buffalo. They seemed to have already eaten previously but they still stayed within proximity so that when they do get hungry again, their food won’t be too far away

4 users Like Potato's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Wow, they are growing fast. Think they will make sabi sands their home?