There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Very good update, Im happy to see that the Tsalala pride is doing so well. Im still worried about Ximungwe daughter
3 users Like Mdz123's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(10-15-2021, 05:14 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: Very good update, Im happy to see that the Tsalala pride is doing so well. Im still worried about Ximungwe daughter
Yeah, I agree. I am also still worried about ximhungwe daughter. Very concerning..
I feel bad for her mother, being all alone.
3 users Like lionuk's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

About Mhangeni Pride, some of them, including OM's daughters, were seen in Londolozi 2 days' ago. 
And NK male was seen in Singita on the same day. 
4 users Like lionuk's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Gotta say, most of Majingilane males sons weren’t so succesful, but they sired way more daughters and granddaughters that reached adulthood. So their bloodline is much stronger then most people think.

The Daughters of the Othawa male are doing well. I hope they extend the Majingilane bloodline by mating with other males.
6 users Like Mdz123's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

At this point ximungwe sub-adult is most likely dead. 

Although there is an opportunity for the mother to potentially raise a bigger litter in the western sector now
4 users Like Tonpa's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

I think the risks are worse though. 

Solitary lionesses typically have small liters and at best . So this this is a huge blow for the prides growth potental.

Especially if she wastes a next litter on raising male cubs.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Contributor

(10-15-2021, 08:26 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: I think the risks are worse though. 

How so?
2 users Like Tonpa's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Actually I have just received new information about ximhungwe cub and her location. I can't reveal the source yet until I get further information.
5 users Like lionuk's post

Contributor

That doesn't sound reassuring lol
3 users Like Tonpa's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

If she is seen now, she probably is still alive. As otherwise she would be scattered bones by now. 

The risks lies in time. 
The ximhungwe lioness is around 7 years old. So that gives her at best 2 or 3 litters. The next one is probably going to small as well seeing she is nomadic and there is a good chance it will be a male. So the pride will be threading the needle at this point.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(10-15-2021, 10:28 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: The ximhungwe lioness is around 7 years old.
No, she was born in 2012 so that makes her 9 years old.
4 users Like lionuk's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Avery impressive looking Plain’s Camp Male gazes at a few hyenas in the distance, who had come to investigate the smell of zebra carcass that these males were responsible for.

*This image is copyright of its original author

[i]The two Plains Camp Males scan the surrounds for any sign of intruders that may have been drawn in by the ruckus of them taking down an injured zebra.[/i]

[i]
[/i]
9 users Like Potato's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

My bad. Got some dates mixed up in my head.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

First photos of Plains Camp boys as 1 month old cubs, posted on 5th August, so they are born in July 2017:

Plains Camp at Rhino Walking Safari 

"Introducing the newest members of the Plains Camp family, so tiny its hard to spot them in the long grass. The 2 Plains Camp lionesses were spotted with 4 cubs roughly 1 month old. Their father, one of the Mantimahle males was close by keeping an eye on his pride. #lionsofkruger #plainscamp #rhinowalkingsafaris"

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(10-15-2021, 10:48 PM)lionuk Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 10:28 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: The ximhungwe lioness is around 7 years old.
No, she was born in 2012 so that makes her 9 years old.

So this means she could be a Mapogo daughter? Im not sure they had control over the pride though
2 users Like Mdz123's post