There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Psyckoo Offline

She was missing for sometimes now, she is back
Southern lioness with one of her daughter, the other one was also with them...
Credit : screenshoot from benjisfinder ig

*This image is copyright of its original author
9 users Like Psyckoo's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat
( This post was last modified: 06-24-2021, 05:18 AM by sik94 )

(06-14-2021, 05:34 AM)sik94 Wrote:
(06-14-2021, 04:26 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Hey, is anybody interested in a lion Wikia? With profiles for all the lions?

I have been working on a website where you can read about profiles of coalitions and prides, something like that ^. I could add more stuff like more info about each individual instead of just names, more info about the coalitions themselves, and more stats about the coalition/pride. I'm thinking of having a section that's a bit like a directory of animals where you can search through a database and find info about each individual lion, with info like ages, names, identification features, or other individual specific info. I need some feedback from you guys.

Hey guys, I have an update. The link to the site is https://thewildlion.net, its still a work in progress and the search feature still needs to be finished, and I have yet to enter some of the data into the database. You can click DM avoca to display how the profile for each animal might look like, the rest of the animals are still incomplete as I still need to enter the info in the database. It is optimized for desktop and phones with a width of 400 pixels or less, will look terrible on anything else.
9 users Like sik94's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(06-24-2021, 05:13 AM)sik94 Wrote:
(06-14-2021, 05:34 AM)sik94 Wrote:
(06-14-2021, 04:26 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Hey, is anybody interested in a lion Wikia? With profiles for all the lions?

I have been working on a website where you can read about profiles of coalitions and prides, something like that ^. I could add more stuff like more info about each individual instead of just names, more info about the coalitions themselves, and more stats about the coalition/pride. I'm thinking of having a section that's a bit like a directory of animals where you can search through a database and find info about each individual lion, with info like ages, names, identification features, or other individual specific info. I need some feedback from you guys.

Hey guys, I have an update. The link to the site is https://thewildlion.net, its still a work in progress and the search feature still needs to be finished, and I have yet to enter some of the data into the database. You can click DM avoca to display how the profile for each animal might look like, the rest of the animals are still incomplete as I still need to enter the info in the database. It is optimized for desktop and phones with a width of 400 pixels or less, will look terrible on anything else.

Off to a really good start, of what is obviously going to be a massive undertaking.
3 users Like BA0701's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Styx and Nkuhuma in Londolozi & Plains Camp males (or just one) in Singita 

8 users Like Tonpa's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

No doubt they are after the Mhangeni.

This could get ugly. Not just for the Mhangeni, but also between the two.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(06-24-2021, 01:09 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: No doubt they are after the Mhangeni.

This could get ugly. Not just for the Mhangeni, but also between the two.

I think it is good for the Mhangeni pride even if new males will manage to kill Mhangeni pride cubs. New, young males will provide stability for the pride and will sired bunch of new cubs.
2 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Othawa youngsters still in Sabi Sabi, they taken down big buffalo :

8 users Like Tr1x24's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Nice to see the Othawa sub adults thriving all by themselves! They are doing very well alone, considering they are only 2-3 yrs old
3 users Like Mdz123's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Long live the othawa youngsters!
3 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-25-2021, 08:13 PM by Tr1x24 )

3 Talamati young males leading the way in Manyeleti, from Tintswalo vlog:

Situation around Sabi Sands and Manyeleti might get quite interesting in a year or so when these 3 boys , 5 Kambula young males and 3 Othawa boys will start roaming around..

That generation of 2018 has great potential, obiviously there wont be place for them all in Sabi Sands and Manyeleti..
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

All 7 Styx cubs were seen today climbing on the buffalo carcass.

5 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(06-25-2021, 11:17 PM)lionuk Wrote: All 7 Styx cubs were seen today climbing on the buffalo carcass.

Is this the carcass of Othawa subadults??
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Instagram story by RangerStu
We have 6 othawa cubs now 

https://www.instagram.com/stories/ranger...803681419/
5 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-26-2021, 02:06 PM by Tr1x24 )

(06-26-2021, 01:15 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Instagram story by RangerStu
We have 6 othawa cubs now 

https://www.instagram.com/stories/ranger...803681419/

Great news!

Hope that 2 old Othawas can live for atleast another year-year and a half, until those cubs can start participate in hunts..
4 users Like Tr1x24's post