There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---
We have upgraded the system, and this might cause some weird issues. If you face such issues, please report here.

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(04-12-2021, 04:02 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Tino i agree about the negativity on FB. The fan boys are out of control. Reminds me of the Mapogo fanboys . Its frustrating.  Nobodys knows what will happen next, nature and the wild are unpredictable.

To be honest, I don't think that those negavity belongs to Mapogo fans as they are mostly on Mapogo group'S. These are guys that doesn't know anything on how lion dynamics works that's all.
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Gijima Offline

(04-12-2021, 03:57 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Such a beautiful capture of the dark-maned Avoca male sharing a tender moment with one of the sub-adult males of the Talamati pride of lions It's amazing how big are these boys!
Photo by: Jors Dannhauser

*This image is copyright of its original author

Great pic. Love these Talamati boys, although he has a long way to go to catch up to dad. Wink
2 users Like Gijima's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(04-12-2021, 05:39 AM)Gijima Wrote:
(04-12-2021, 03:57 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Such a beautiful capture of the dark-maned Avoca male sharing a tender moment with one of the sub-adult males of the Talamati pride of lions It's amazing how big are these boys!
Photo by: Jors Dannhauser

*This image is copyright of its original author

Great pic. Love these Talamati boys, although he has a long way to go to catch up to dad. Wink

They're really looking well. I can't wait to see these boys in their prime on a few years. Of course, If is that they make it!
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Slayerd Offline

That was probably the smartest decision Nhenha could have made. He had no idea if Mohawk was alone. In fact Mohawk took a huge risk. Nhenha could have very well been leading him into Tinyo and turning the tables. Nhenha is definitely no coward, he has proven that many times over. He chased this very male and his brother by himself and was chasing 2 young males last week. Sure, he could have decided to fight and got a few praises from Facebook lmao but lions like HB don't live long by taking risks but by knowing when to play it smart.
3 users Like Slayerd's post

Gavskrr Offline

It was a clever move off Nhenha without a doubt It couldn't take the chance to face Mohawk without knowing where Blondie was. Facebook fans are looking for a battle as they see in documentaries I don't judge them so much, the most important thing is that neither of them got hurt there is much more to it than running or fighting at any given time
5 users Like Gavskrr's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(04-12-2021, 07:55 AM)Gavskrr Wrote: It was a clever move off Nhenha without a doubt It couldn't take the chance to face Mohawk without knowing where Blondie was. Facebook fans are looking for a battle as they see in documentaries I don't judge them so much, the most important thing is that neither of them got hurt there is much more to it than running or fighting at any given time

Let's see what happens in the next days or weeks.
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-12-2021, 02:33 PM by Tonpa )

Plains Camp Males are up in Simbambili, I wonder if the avocas will chase them North/East into Manyeleti 
video by Africa Journey Nature Experience

4 users Like Tonpa's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(04-12-2021, 02:32 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Plains Camp Males are up in Simbambili, I wonder if the avocas will chase them North/East into Manyeleti 

They're looking well, Avoca males were seen on Arathusa Airstrip this morning.
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(04-12-2021, 02:32 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Plains Camp Males are up in Simbambili, I wonder if the avocas will chase them North/East into Manyeleti 

I dont think Avocas are aware of them yet, they passed thru their territory in a way, Simbambili is not that often visit by Mohawk and Blondie these days as they are further south..

PC males might be a threat to Ximhungwe lioness and her cub if they bump into each others.. 

These guys are obiviously testing waters and exploring areas, i dont expect them to settle yet, so they will prob move again soon as they crossed almost thru whole Sabi Sands.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(04-12-2021, 05:42 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: These guys are obiviously testing waters and exploring areas, i dont expect them to settle yet, so they will prob move again soon as they crossed almost thru whole Sabi Sands.
They very well might try their chances when they will arena with big Talamati pride is defended just by single DM Avoca male.
2 users Like Potato's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Northern Avocas @ Aruthusa today.
Credit: Legend safaris

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like Brahim's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Othawa sub-adults on the virgin livestream from 35 minutes onwards

5 users Like Tonpa's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Mangheni new cubs - not sure if these are brand new cubs or part of the same cubs born last month 

6 users Like Tonpa's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-12-2021, 10:26 PM by Tr1x24 )

(04-12-2021, 10:20 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Mangheni new cubs - not sure if these are brand new cubs or part of the same cubs born last month 

Great news, im also not sure, theres 1 older cub an few weeks ago they posted picture of 1 new cub, dont know if he is one of those..

Hope they have more success with those cubs, it looks like they are now more settled in Singita, and dont move so much as they use to..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(04-12-2021, 09:13 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Othawa sub-adults on the virgin livestream from 35 minutes onwards

These guys are so funny, always playing and bonding, a small limps here and there but definitely enjoying their time together..

Rangers where talking about the fate of the young female, when young males eventually leave this area (prob towards the end of this year), in theory she should return to the pride and she will prob get accepted (they said that youngsters have seen their mothers few times since separation), but theres also a possibility that she has so strong bond with her brothers, that she might leave with them, which is obiviously not a good thing for her and neither for Othawa pride.. 

Similar thing happened with 8th Nkuhuma lioness who was hanging with NK and Mhangeni young males, later on only with Nkuhuma around Northern Singita, for over a year no sighting of her as far as I know.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post