There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

BigLion39 Offline

Yeah the PC Boys narrative of how they are so violent and kill all these lionesses is getting old. I don't see anything that stands out with that that any other lion can do. Look what happened to the Koppies lioness with Junior NK eating her with other females. I think it happens all the time unfortunately by a lot of different lions and we might not witness it. The 2 PC Boys are very impressive tho!
7 users Like BigLion39's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

They had a bad start, but the last real incident is already a while ago and its not unnusual lion behavoir. It just doesnt fit in the lion king image that people tend to have. 

I think they are more opportunistic and assertive than other coalitions though.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

"The Mhangeni Pride have again managed to kill a buffalo. With the pride all feeding and hyena gaining in numbers, the air was filled with eerie “whoops” from the hyena. We followed up early this morning to see what had transpired during the evening and a young male lion had taken over the carcass and dragged it into a drainage line leaving the hyena and vultures still waiting for some scraps.

He later moved the carcass into a more open area – a big mistake! The hyenas saw this as an opportunity to come closer, trying their luck to get a piece of meat. Although you could see he was a bit nervous with 7 plus hyenas around him, he stood his ground. Just as the hyenas thought they had a gap, he sprinted towards them, growling, and chased them all away… for now!

Young nomadic male lions live secretive lives, often living off scraps just to survive while they learn the skill of hunting for themselves. They will pass through areas avoiding dominant adult males until they are big and experienced enough to challenge for a territory of their own."

*This image is copyright of its original author

5 users Like lionuk's post

Italy Gabriele Offline

Who was that handsome young male?
1 user Likes Gabriele's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(08-04-2022, 04:36 PM)Gabriele Wrote: Who was that handsome young male?
Kambula #2. I hope his brother is somewhere close by, not left behind in Kruger.
5 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-04-2022, 04:44 PM)lionuk Wrote: Kambula #2. I hope his brother is somewhere close by, not left behind in Kruger.

Kambula #2 is for months now in Sabi Sands, since he returned back from Kruger, without Kambula #1.

Looks like that sighting of 2 males on S1 recently are not Kambulas, or Kambula #1 found new partner.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

1ofCourage Offline

(08-04-2022, 02:26 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Yeah the PC Boys narrative of how they are so violent and kill all these lionesses is getting old. I don't see anything that stands out with that that any other lion can do. Look what happened to the Koppies lioness with Junior NK eating her with other females. I think it happens all the time unfortunately by a lot of different lions and we might not witness it. The 2 PC Boys are very impressive tho!

The PC boys have calmed down a lot since getting a pride and cubs.  They are whatever they are.  

Junior may have started eating his lioness, but I don't think it was because he was part of the killing. I've seen lionesses do the very same thing with with a cub who dies.  It is not done to display power or in anger.
I believe Jr began to eat her to keep other predators from coming to eat her. It was his natural response. The Mbiris probably had a different reason.

In fact, later I think Junior was looking around for the remaining Koppies lioness and cubs when his face got mortally swollen.
Junior's mistake was bringing the Mbiri lionesses back into the area of the Koppies in the first place.  Dumb move!  It changed everything in the area.

Five lions dead and most likely ten of them when all was said and done.
7 users Like 1ofCourage's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Ultimately meat is meat. If you are a carnivore you often dont have the luxury to say pass.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Sgarbi Offline
Banned

Nenha and Nkuhuma Male
2 users Like Sgarbi's post

Sgarbi Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 08-05-2022, 06:24 PM by Timbavati Edit Reason: Link fixed )

Nhenha and Nkuhuma
" target="_blank" class="post_link">
5 users Like Sgarbi's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(08-05-2022, 10:29 AM)Sgarbi Wrote:
Nenha and Nkuhuma Male

The image does not load.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-05-2022, 10:30 AM)Sgarbi Wrote:
Nhenha and Nkuhuma
" target="_blank" class="post_link">

Link fixed my friend. Both are looking in amazing condition.
7 users Like Timbavati's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

(08-03-2022, 03:46 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 03:36 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: PC males are in Londolozi, looks like they stole a kill from Talamatis :

Photo credits : andreaandison

Thats some breathing room for Skorro Jr. and Othawas.

Looks like S8, and DM might have some concerns though. DM may need his brothers to help him, though I am not sure the three of them would be much resistance, with DM and Blondie's current condition.I know it will never happen, but S8 and DM would both benefit from banning together. Heck, I don't think all of the Talamati young males and DM would be able to resist those PC boys, those boys are rough.

Wasn't DM rejected by his coalition? Or some recent plot twist happened and they are allies again?

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

(08-04-2022, 12:48 AM)Blondemane Wrote: pc boys are rough because they kill young lioness? and a full pregnant lioness with a help of amber eyes and r nose?!
funny how underrated avoca are seen by some, thats why i like the audio by that guy in malamala on the night of nwkas invasion.

They look stronger than any other lions in the SS ATM IMO. They are very bulky, I doubt any other duo can take them on.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(08-06-2022, 02:41 AM)Mapokser Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 03:46 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(08-03-2022, 03:36 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: PC males are in Londolozi, looks like they stole a kill from Talamatis :

Photo credits : andreaandison

Thats some breathing room for Skorro Jr. and Othawas.

Looks like S8, and DM might have some concerns though. DM may need his brothers to help him, though I am not sure the three of them would be much resistance, with DM and Blondie's current condition.I know it will never happen, but S8 and DM would both benefit from banning together. Heck, I don't think all of the Talamati young males and DM would be able to resist those PC boys, those boys are rough.

Wasn't DM rejected by his coalition? Or some recent plot twist happened and they are allies again?

As far as I know, Talamatis didn't reject DM.
1 user Likes afortich's post