There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(02-15-2023, 01:22 PM)veritas Wrote:
(02-15-2023, 07:44 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: Dominant tintswalo male, mandevu.

Guys, I'm a little confused.
The Tumbella forum is mainly about skkoro jr and otawa.
But the rest of Mandevu, Lambile, and Nclie stories don't seem to have their own forum.
I'm looking for forums here and there, but can't I make them separately?
Even things related to Red Road are always different.
I don't know exactly which forum it's only available.

It's because the Manyeleti has so few males there's not really a need for those males to have individual threads, I think the Red Road paternity postings in the Timbavati thread were due to him being born in the Timbavati. Current Red Road sightings should go here
3 users Like Tonpa's post

Korea, Republic of veritas Offline

Wow, that's why!
I thought that if each Pride was small and close, it would be nice to have a forum together.
For example, Nharu+Mbiri (lol)
I forgot about the past, so today I started reading Manyerity Forum from scratch. (Oh my God)
2 users Like veritas's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

Red road male :

12 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(02-15-2023, 04:55 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Red road male :

Glad to see he looks in such good condition.
6 users Like afortich's post

( This post was last modified: 02-16-2023, 03:54 PM by veritas )

Hi guys!

I saw a picture of Lambile.
Below is the url.
He looks a little thin but hopes to overcome his genetic disease!
I want to see him live long and healthy and leave his children behind.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...tid=KtfwRi

I don't know if this is the right way to link a post.
5 users Like veritas's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(02-16-2023, 03:51 PM)veritas Wrote: Hi guys!

I saw a picture of Lambile.
Below is the url.
He looks a little thin but hopes to overcome his genetic disease!
I want to see him live long and healthy and leave his children behind.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...tid=KtfwRi

I don't know if this is the right way to link a post.

Lambile in that picture actually looks pretty good in perspective to how he’s been at his worse.    He will never be a beefy lion,,,,hasn’t ever been able to keep weight.    He certainly lives up to his name (which in some areas of SA means Hungry) .

Here is a short clip of him in close proximity to Mandevu who is a tank.   Lambile isn’t doing too bad at the moment. 

5 users Like criollo2mil's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

User @veritas was inquiring of a Pride map of Manyeleti.   

I pulled up the last map that Tintwalo provided which is over a year old and tried to give a general update.  

The three major changes are depicted by my own three circles, them being:

Green = This area now is mostly occupied by a fragment of the Birmingham Pride and occasionally their Ross Males.  Also  the three Eldest Sub adult males (1 white/2 tawny) sort of hanging around.  

Red = S8 / Imbali Male vacated this area and I’m still muddy as to whether it’s the Skybed boys or the Kruger Male that’s competed for the Imbali Pride.    I’ve also seen sightings of the Hamilton Males in the region.   If anyone has better insight, please assist in adding/correcting me.  

Blue = this area has become more of a Torchwood pride region (With their Kruger Male) if I’m not mistaken?   the Imbali S8 has migrated a bit further south west into SS to with the Three Talamati Breakaways and their 5 cubs.   New additions are expected in the upcoming weeks as the third lioness is reportedly pregnant.   She is the Matimba daughter and oldest of the group.

Attached Files Image(s)

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-16-2023, 06:41 PM by Tr1x24 )

(02-16-2023, 06:32 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Blue = this area has become more of a Torchwood pride region (With their Kruger Male) if I’m not mistaken?   the Imbali S8 has migrated a bit further south west into SS to with the Three Talamati Breakaways and their 5 cubs.   New additions are expected in the upcoming weeks as the third lioness is reportedly pregnant.   She is the Matimba daughter and oldest of the group.

Thats too far west for Torchwoods, in that area Talamati breakaway and Nharu pride can be seen, maybe even some of Imbali groups recently.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Wow, thank you so much!!
I usually use forums on my smartphone.
But there are so many errors on my smartphone that I am experiencing problems.
I think I need to use a laptop to use this forum normally.
Looking at the map, I understand the comment that the distance between skorro jr and red road is very far.

P.s I still don't know how to reply to a post right away (lol)
@ Are you using this sign?
Sometimes when I press the quote button on my smartphone, my reply is registered, but sometimes when I press the quote button, new posts are always registered, hehe.
1 user Likes veritas's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(02-16-2023, 06:39 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(02-16-2023, 06:32 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Blue = this area has become more of a Torchwood pride region (With their Kruger Male) if I’m not mistaken?   the Imbali S8 has migrated a bit further south west into SS to with the Three Talamati Breakaways and their 5 cubs.   New additions are expected in the upcoming weeks as the third lioness is reportedly pregnant.   She is the Matimba daughter and oldest of the group.

Thats too far west for Torchwoods, in that area Talamati breakaway and Nharu pride can be seen, maybe even some of Imbali groups recently.

So is that southern are largely unchanged with maybe just a slight shift south of all the prides? I know a recent Tintswalo Safari commented About some shifting happening.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(02-16-2023, 07:40 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: So is that southern are largely unchanged with maybe just a slight shift south of all the prides? I know a recent Tintswalo Safari commented About some shifting happening.

Yea, i think that Nharu and Talamati Breakaways moved a bit south.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(02-16-2023, 07:23 PM)veritas Wrote: Wow, thank you so much!!
I usually use forums on my smartphone.
But there are so many errors on my smartphone that I am experiencing problems.
I think I need to use a laptop to use this forum normally.
Looking at the map, I understand the comment that the distance between skorro jr and red road is very far.

P.s I still don't know how to reply to a post right away (lol)
@ Are you using this sign?
Sometimes when I press the quote button on my smartphone, my reply is registered, but sometimes when I press the quote button, new posts are always registered, hehe.

To get an idea of the distances between Skorro Jr and Red Road Male (or western sector of sabi sand and Manyeleti), take a look at this overview map of Kruger.   Please note that the WHITE areas are fenced off communities and villages and not part of Kruger.    Lions cannot take route in those areas.  Red circle is Skorro location, Blue is Red Road location

Attached Files Image(s)

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-16-2023, 09:23 PM by Duco Ndona )

Didnt he make that trip last year when all that chaos began?
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(02-16-2023, 09:22 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Didnt he make that trip last year when all that chaos began?

Yes…..Skorro made it up to just the southern most part of the Nharu Pride territory, basically his natal lands.   

Limper also made it toward that area but only got to reach around the Gowrie gate before he later returned…..and died shortly thereafter.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

(02-16-2023, 06:32 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: User @veritas was inquiring of a Pride map of Manyeleti.   

I pulled up the last map that Tintwalo provided which is over a year old and tried to give a general update.  

The three major changes are depicted by my own three circles, them being:

Green = This area now is mostly occupied by a fragment of the Birmingham Pride and occasionally their Ross Males.  Also  the three Eldest Sub adult males (1 white/2 tawny) sort of hanging around.  

Red = S8 / Imbali Male vacated this area and I’m still muddy as to whether it’s the Skybed boys or the Kruger Male that’s competed for the Imbali Pride.    I’ve also seen sightings of the Hamilton Males in the region.   If anyone has better insight, please assist in adding/correcting me.  

Blue = this area has become more of a Torchwood pride region (With their Kruger Male) if I’m not mistaken?   the Imbali S8 has migrated a bit further south west into SS to with the Three Talamati Breakaways and their 5 cubs.   New additions are expected in the upcoming weeks as the third lioness is reportedly pregnant.   She is the Matimba daughter and oldest of the group.

Oh my gosh!
[quote pid='185843' dateline='1676552543']
Where did you find your map?
[/quote]
There are so many circles that I don't know how many lions there are.
[/quote]
Looks a lot more circles than the sabisands map on the forum.

I feel like the ground is too cramped.

Competition seems to be fierce there.

[/quote]