There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-26-2020, 11:16 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: Interesting.  I believe the male Mbiri offspring of the Thanda Impi Coaltion are coming of age now and have left their natal pride within the last year or so.... The Nharu ones are older and probably have left for at least the past couple of years, while the females are old enough to give birth.  Maybe around 2-3 lionesses of the Nharu pride are daughters of Skorro and Sizanani. The pride had only 3 lionesses when the coalition took over.

Are the new cubs from the Mbiri pride all RRM's?  or could the Orpen males have snuck in to father some?  I think they were also seen sporadically mating with the lionesses....

Mbiri young males are still with their pride, 5 Nharu young males are nomadic for about half a year.. 

RRM isnt dominant over Mbiri, yet Nharu pride, all their cubs are RRM's.. Mbiri doesnt have dominant male atm..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Georgia Dreadlocks Offline

where are five young Nharus? i know one of them with Mbiris or this male is 6?
1 user Likes Dreadlocks's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-28-2020, 05:17 PM)Dreadlocks Wrote: where are five young Nharus? i know one of them with Mbiris or this male is 6?

6th is with Mbiris, last report on 5 Nharus was in late 2019, that they where in Mluwati Concession, east of Manyeleti, but nothing since..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Pierre Jonqueres: " Siblings. "

4 users Like Spalea's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-02-2020, 08:18 AM by sanjay Edit Reason: corrected the format )

(06-28-2020, 04:31 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(06-26-2020, 11:16 PM)Cath2020 Wrote: Interesting.  I believe the male Mbiri offspring of the Thanda Impi Coaltion are coming of age now and have left their natal pride within the last year or so.... The Nharu ones are older and probably have left for at least the past couple of years, while the females are old enough to give birth.  Maybe around 2-3 lionesses of the Nharu pride are daughters of Skorro and Sizanani. The pride had only 3 lionesses when the coalition took over.

Are the new cubs from the Mbiri pride all RRM's?  or could the Orpen males have snuck in to father some?  I think they were also seen sporadically mating with the lionesses....

Mbiri young males are still with their pride, 5 Nharu young males are nomadic for about half a year.. 

RRM isnt dominant over Mbiri, yet Nharu pride, all their cubs are RRM's.. Mbiri doesnt have dominant male atm..

Well, I thought I read somewhere that the Orpen males were also seen mating with some of the Nharu pride lionesses.... So it would make sense if this is the case, that they could legit. have a chance at siring some of the cubs. RRM was seen sporadically mating with them while the Orpens were absent, mainly. Finally, the latter just abandoned that pride in favor of their current ones, having too much territory can backfire and then none of your offspring will benefit!
1 user Likes Cath2020's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

Nharhu Males & River Pride.
Turn the volume up & enjoy the powerful sound of the kings of the jungles.

Clip credit by: Tanda Tula, Chad Cocking.
July 12, 2020.

https://www.facebook.com/Eagle4eva/videos/2910603675714891/
3 users Like Cunaguaro's post

United States Matimbalani Offline

Torchwood Young Male  hanging around in Manyeleti.

1 user Likes Matimbalani's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-14-2020, 03:17 AM)Matimbalani Wrote: Torchwood Young Male  hanging around in Manyeleti.

We discuss this already here, is not Torchwood male afterall..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(07-14-2020, 03:17 AM)Matimbalani Wrote: Torchwood Young Male  hanging around in Manyeleti.

This is another young male. Whiskers match not are the same as the Torchwood male, even the mane and the age.
BTW,Thank you for the post.
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Silver Eyes Talamati lioness with subadult male:

This young male is absolutely huge for being only 1.5 yrs old (he looks to be close to a size of adult lioness already) , Talamati lionesses and DM are doing great job raising their offspring :

*This image is copyright of its original author

5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(07-16-2020, 01:56 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Silver Eyes Talamati lioness with subadult male:

This young male is absolutely huge for being only 1.5 yrs old (he looks to be close to a size of adult lioness already) , Talamati lionesses and DM are doing great job raising their offspring :

The Talamati pride is very successful in raising cubs, At the moment she have raise a lot of cubs to the adulthood.
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Red Road Male:

What a beast, it will be hard but i hope he can raise Nharus cubs to adulthood, i want to see his offspring.

Besides his size, he has that look in his eyes, like he isnt affraid off anything..
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

One of the Orpen male lions "Junior of the Nkuhuma pride" at Kruger National Park.

Credit: Twiga Travel Africa.

5 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The Red road male at Tintswalo Safari Lodge

Credit: Neil Jennings 
July 2020

6 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(07-17-2020, 09:05 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Red Road Male:

What a beast, it will be hard but i hope he can raise Nharus cubs to adulthood, i want to see his offspring.

Besides his size, he has that look in his eyes, like he isnt affraid off anything..

The RRM is turning into a magnificent male lion.

The question is, Who is the father of him. (I know that he was sired by the Avoca/Giraffe.) But Is hard to tell which one...