There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

A regal looking from this magnificent King, One of the two Orpen Males giving us a piercing stare who say much than thousand words

March 2020
Manyeleti Game Reserve
Photo Credit Curteis Roberts

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Lions-Of-Timbavati-113838043410868/?__tn__=kC-

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Timbavati's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Pierre Jonqueres: " As a mythical creature. "

2 users Like Spalea's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

The Koppies Pride are very resident around the northern section of the reserve. A couple of the females are showing signs of pregnancy and it’s time that this pride successfully raised a good litter of cubs, which they haven’t done very well over the past year. The Orpen males haven’t left this prides side so hopefully they can stick around with these females for another year or so and give this pride a real chance to increase its numbers.

The Mbiri Pride are seen daily around the lodge and sometimes even bringing down game within our lodge grounds. They are officially down to 11 members now as it looks like the oldest lioness has passed on. She hasn’t been seen with the pride or on the reserve for over a month now. It’s always sad to lose one of your well known cats, but she has left a great legacy for the other females and youngsters to follow in.

The Talamati Pride are looking fantastic. They are always well fed and all 9 cubs are looking healthy. We followed them one early misty morning and had an amazing sighting as they came upon the Ukuthula female leopard and her cub. The leopards had an impala kill but the lions stole it away from them. Ukuthula risked her life for her cub and bravely fought off an adult lioness, even leaving the lioness with a nasty nose scar.

The Nharu Pride is also expecting some cubs as a few of the females are looking pregnant. The Red Road male proving that he is a great pride male for the 6 females.

Nharu male

Nharu male with Mbiri male. Nharu subadults are 1 year older on avarage.

Orpen male

Talamati pride

Red Road male

6 users Like Potato's post

Blondemane Offline

Tintswalo lodge reported that Old Giraffe male has passed away, they received a photo of his body, he was found dead in Northern Sabi Sands.
3 users Like Blondemane's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(03-19-2020, 03:25 AM)Blondemane Wrote: Tintswalo lodge reported that Old Giraffe male has passed away, they received a photo of his body, he was found dead in Northern Sabi Sands.

So could be around Buffelshoek area ?

Blondemane Offline

(03-19-2020, 03:33 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 03:25 AM)Blondemane Wrote: Tintswalo lodge reported that Old Giraffe male has passed away, they received a photo of his body, he was found dead in Northern Sabi Sands.

Yeah Tino, probably... they did not mention the exact area. Sad news, sometimes ppl just focus on mapogos/majing/matimbas but Avoca/giraffe were a deadly and strong coalition that leaved us a great legacy, the magnificent 7!
4 users Like Blondemane's post

United States Matimbalani Offline

Was he the last of the Giraffe/Avoca coalition?

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(03-19-2020, 03:55 AM)Blondemane Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 03:33 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:

Yeah Tino, probably... they did not mention the exact area. Sad news, sometimes ppl just focus on mapogos/majing/matimbas but Avoca/giraffe were a deadly and strong coalition that leaved us a great legacy, the magnificent 7!

I agree,The Avoca/Giraffe coalicion just earned my respect totally,They defeated to a mighty coalition like as the Matimbas,the Avoca/Giraffe were one of the largest males of Manyeleti in their prime...

R.I.P A magnificent  king!
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Blondemane Offline

(03-19-2020, 04:11 AM)Matimbalani Wrote:

Was he the last of the Giraffe/Avoca coalition?

Yes, i think it was the last one... i know old Avoca died last year, he was in a poor condition, prob killed by narhu pride some say. 
I think Old Giraffe was the remaining from the coalition but im not 100% sure.
2 users Like Blondemane's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-19-2020, 09:34 PM by Tr1x24 )

(03-19-2020, 04:56 AM)Blondemane Wrote: Yes, i think it was the last one... i know old Avoca died last year, he was in a poor condition, prob killed by narhu pride some say. 

I think that Giraffe male, who controls Black Dam Pride in Thornybush is the last one of the 8 old Avoca/Giraffe coalition.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-19-2020, 01:34 AM)Potato Wrote: Nharu male

Nharu male with Mbiri pride is a beast already, he is very similar to Thanda Imp male Scorro.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Blondemane Offline

(03-19-2020, 05:17 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 04:56 AM)Blondemane Wrote: Yes, i think it was the last one... i know old Avoca died last year, he was in a poor condition, prob killed by narhu pride some say. 

I think that Giraffe male, who controls Black Dam Pride in Thornybush is the last one of the 7 old Avoca/Giraffe coalition.

This guy here... oh i didn't know there was another giraffe still alive, i thought this was the last one.
2 users Like Blondemane's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(03-19-2020, 05:46 PM)Blondemane Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 05:17 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

I think that Giraffe male, who controls Black Dam Pride in Thornybush is the last one of the 7 old Avoca/Giraffe coalition.

This guy here... oh i didn't know there was another giraffe still alive, i thought this was the last one.

Yes,This is giraffe male but no belongs to the Old Avoca/Giraffe coalition

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

We had to announce a sad news today!

Sadly the Remaining Male of the Avoca / Giraffe Coalition has passed away, His body was found in the Northerns of Sabi Sand, Though not mentioned the area, Could be around Buffelshoek area, Once a powerful Coalition who ruled with a iron fist on Manyeleti Game Reserve, And defeated to the Matimbas, Now he succubed like a king!

This old King and His five brother were one of the biggest males of Manyeleti, And change the Dynamics Completely, Their lineage still exist on generations of Lions in the Timbavati And Manyeleti as well the Red road male,the five Avoca Males,The young Birmingham Male,And Many offspring in the Kruger without Information of them these are one of the Many sons of these Legendary Kings,The Red Road Male Who now is considered one of the Largest Male in the area that haven't been seen for a long time a big male like that

R.I.P

Image Date April 2019
Manyeleti Game Reserve
Photo Credit: Rory Cousins

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Lions-Of-Timbavati-113838043410868/?__tn__=

4 users Like Timbavati's post