There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lion pictures and videos

Mwarcaar Offline

Tsavo lion family

7 users Like Mwarcaar's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Remaining Bayala male seen on WildEarth, after his brother was killed week or so ago:

5 users Like Tr1x24's post

LandSeaLion Offline
Banned

Lions “sharing” their eland kill with a hippo of all creatures, while hyenas lurk in the background:

At 2:17, the lioness actually strikes the hippo on the face to stop it from coming too close.
6 users Like LandSeaLion's post

India Hello Offline

Huge head

*This image is copyright of its original author

Credit:- Wildlife & Nature Photography
8 users Like Hello's post

India Hello Offline

Notch and young Ron

8 users Like Hello's post

India Hello Offline

Snyggve from Serengeti

Hari Santharam
7 users Like Hello's post

Venezuela titose Offline

Portrait of the Big boys of the coalition Mahiwa brothers current rulers of North East Madikwe and having under their control 2 Keitumetse- Kwena prides, being in a 3 members of the coalition at first. The 3 young males were born in December 2015 sons of the famous lion known as Kwandwe and one the female known as Matlapa, She had left her original pride (Mica) for a good three years after the parents (the Kwandwe males) of her three sons were driven out of the territory and she was afraid that the new males would kill the young ones. 
She left to keep them safe by raising them alone and did an amazing job of teaching them to hunt and take care of themselves. 

By Ryan Lenhoff
      Morukuru Family Madikwe

The 3 Mahiwa boys in December 2018. 
By Cornelius Wessels

8 users Like titose's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Info about the fight and death of Scarface Bayala male:

6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

Great shot that deserves to be commended. The impressive old king, Madoda Ngonyama, dominant male of Gondwana, known as a good father and a great protecter to his pride.
We won this printed photo from the photographer Melanie Delamare and we would like to thank her for choosing us among the winners!

Gondwana game reserve, South Africa.
- Photographer Credit -
To Follow them & for Prints contact:
@melaniedelamare_photography

5 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Throwback of Scar Skybed; One of most beautiful and largest lions in his region at Kruger. Born in 2007/08 and died of natural causes in April 2018, he ruled the H7 region and Orpen Gate for years.
You will include him in the list of favorite lions in case you see him for the first time, whether this is due of nature or through seeing his pictures, he bewitches everyone who saw him with his shape, presence, size and his special charm! We do not forget any lion was part of our diary in following him and the end of his story after his death, we like to commemorate their memory.

RIP Big Boy!

Kruger National Park, South Africa.
- Photographer Credit -
To Follow & for Prints contact: @mac.kruger
8 users Like Cunaguaro's post

India Hello Offline

Ugandan lion,Kidepo valley national park

Credit : ARThur

reminding me of this boy

5 users Like Hello's post

The Panther Offline

West African male in Niokolo-Koba National Park, Senegal.

7 users Like The Panther's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

2 Northern boys that killed Scarface Bayala male :

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Let me introduce myself to you!
They call me Moria Madoda the one-eyed king, I am thirteen years old. I started my life from a very young age and I was a dominant lion since the age of four when I fought my father and expelled him and took possession of what he owned! The years passed and I was the undisputed king until my three sons grew up and challenged me, but the number is always in their favour, they fought me as I did with my father and took my eye! The story is not over yet .. I am still the legendary king of Kapama, not only a survivor! A true warrior and I'm still amazing! Perhaps more than my sons.

Kapama Private Game Reserve, South Africa.
Photographer Credit:
To follow and for print: @kenhaley
7 users Like Cunaguaro's post

On the prowl!
A fantastic capture of one of the two youngest lionesses of the River pride stalking a distant herd of impala at Tanda Tula.
Image by: Chad Cocking.
7 users Like Cunaguaro's post