There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Notch Coalition Male Lineage

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

Legendary Grimace. R.I.P Grimace 
Credit to: David Lloyd

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

Portrait of Notch II.

Photo and information credits: Burrard-Lucas Photography
A beautiful lion photographed in Kenya.

4 users Like Ngala's post

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

This is the original Caesar greeting his East girls. (Nov 2016)
Credits: Big Cats of Masai Mara

4 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

Lion King..!!!
Caesar..
Photo credits: Sohail Suleman

6 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

Caesar and Notch2 looking hungry , its a surprise to see Caesar so empty
Credits: Lenny Koshal

6 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

Three sons of the famous Notch
Photo credits: Victoria Coombe

3 users Like vinodkumarn's post

United States Garfield Offline
Banned

I can't believe that lion Notch, I was once watching a movie on Notch, eating some popcorn, and I mean man that dude lion has a tough life, not sure I would ever wish for that in my next life, so I'm thinking of turning over a new leaf or somethin.  Didn't Notch like have two prides once or something, I thought a heard that somewhere, I'd google it but too lazy to look it up right now, maybe someone knows.
2 users Like Garfield's post

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(04-28-2017, 07:52 AM)Garfield Wrote: I can't believe that lion Notch, I was once watching a movie on Notch, eating some popcorn, and I mean man that dude lion has a tough life, not sure I would ever wish for that in my next life, so I'm thinking of turning over a new leaf or somethin.  Didn't Notch like have two prides once or something, I thought a heard that somewhere, I'd google it but too lazy to look it up right now, maybe someone knows.

They have 13+ prides... they went on conquer one after another.. half of Mara
2 users Like vinodkumarn's post

United States Garfield Offline
Banned

(04-29-2017, 10:35 PM)vinodkumarn Wrote:
(04-28-2017, 07:52 AM)Garfield Wrote: I can't believe that lion Notch, I was once watching a movie on Notch, eating some popcorn, and I mean man that dude lion has a tough life, not sure I would ever wish for that in my next life, so I'm thinking of turning over a new leaf or somethin.  Didn't Notch like have two prides once or something, I thought a heard that somewhere, I'd google it but too lazy to look it up right now, maybe someone knows.

Whoa 13 prides are you serious, that's crazy, when did they take over all that, must of been all the sons helping right?
2 users Like Garfield's post

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(04-30-2017, 02:01 AM)Garfield Wrote:

Whoa 13 prides are you serious, that's crazy, when did they take over all that, must of been all the sons helping right?

Yes, along with his 5 sons... It happened over a period of time... 
After taking over 3/4 prides.. mate and sire few cubs... and after cubs grow little bit.. leave that pride and take another so on...

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

A rare shot of the Notches back in 2009, These males grew like weeds , they were born in 2005 and 4 years later they were huge , they started killing adult hippos since 2008
by Eric Lahey

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(04-30-2017, 04:27 AM)vinodkumarn Wrote:
(04-30-2017, 02:01 AM)Garfield Wrote:

Yes, along with his 5 sons... It happened over a period of time... 
After taking over 3/4 prides.. mate and sire few cubs... and after cubs grow little bit.. leave that pride and take another so on...

Male lions take over another pride after the cubs grow as they want to avoid mating with their grown up daughters is one reason...
If the daughters move out of the pride and form their own pride.. then the males may mate and produce one more litter.. (Majis have done like that with Mhangeni pride)
Also the males want to spread their genes.. so they try to take over other prides..
2 users Like vinodkumarn's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

Notch 2 and Caesar going at it.
3 users Like sik94's post

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

His majesty, Caesar. Credits to Thomas Vijayan Photography.

6 users Like Ngala's post

Mexico Gamiz Offline
Lion Enthusiast

Ceasar of the Notch Boys

They say he's the largest lion on the Maasai Mara... i don't doubt it! Hope he's still strong with his remaining bro Notch 2

Please Share and like my page
Credits to Norman Watson 

2 users Like Gamiz's post