There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lion Directory

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Jinen, Again this post is violating the rules. You can not say absurd words for fellow members here, You know your wording can derail this thread and will start unnecessary war.

So I request you not to use bad words. I have already and intense discussion with you for being using bad words while posting.

Romania Jinenfordragon Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 08-16-2014, 01:42 AM by Jinenfordragon )

Discuss with your mods to stop posting tiger related crap in lion threads,
I at least never violated Tiger related threads.
So i may suggest to reconsider your statement/post.
Gd. day to you.
EDIT:
I never use BAD WORDS, like insults.
I sometimes interfere a bit more harsh and to the point, the reason it's already mentioned.

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher

(08-16-2014, 12:49 AM)'Jinenfordragon' Wrote: The reason why this forum stinks and will always do.
One tiger fan, can JAJJAJAJAJA everywhere, flooding every lion thread with crappy tiger stuff .Heck he even get's a MOD!

Hey Sanjay!...do some cleaning around here!Them moderators acting like some fanboys on all lion threads, it's freaking pathetic, seriously.

Are you "mad" Jinen? [img]images/smilies/dodgy.gif[/img] I can stop your suffering right now. If you think this forum stinks, you can go, the door is open. [img]images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

(08-16-2014, 12:49 AM)'Jinenfordragon' Wrote: The reason why this forum stinks and will always do.
One tiger fan, can JAJJAJAJAJA everywhere, flooding every lion thread with crappy tiger stuff .Heck he even get's a MOD!

Hey Sanjay!...do some cleaning around here!Them moderators acting like some fanboys on all lion threads, it's freaking pathetic, seriously.

Jinen you are the only one crossing the line here

1) Insulting the forum
2) Insulting a mod
3) Making provocative posts
4) Unfortunately you act like the only fanboy here
5) Guate's posts on tigers in this thread are very informative and doesnt derail this thread in any manner. Its just a mere continuation of a discussion. Its just good info for everyone to read.

4 users Like Apollo's post

France vizions Offline
Lion Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 08-25-2014, 06:52 AM by vizions )

Long time without a post here. I will make one then !

Name: Blondie & Dozie
Coalition Number: 2
Status: R.I.P. Blondie 9 december 2007 (killed by the Mapogos) and Dozie (unknow)

Blondie:

*This image is copyright of its original author

Dozie:

Blondie and Dozie were dominant over the Nkuhuma Pride consisting of 8-9 lionesses in the north of the Sabi Sands reserve during 2006-2010.
On the 9th december 2007, Blondie got caught by 5 Mapogos. Dozie joined the fight, but it was too late to save his brother. His back had already been broken, and had no choice to fled for his life.
In the next weeks, the Nkuhuma Pride was constantly attacked by the Mapogos. From the 20 cubs present before Blondie's death, only 6 were alive. The tribe and Dozie were forced to leave the Sabi sands reserve and to enter the Manyeleti in the north.

This wasn't the end of the road for Dozie. After his arrival in the Manyeleti reserve, he challenged the 2 dominant males (know as Gums and Rod Stewart). He managed to kill the younger one (Rod Stewart) and Gums had to run. Dozie was on his own, but he was the dominant male of the region.

All was going to change in 2010. Like 3 years ago, 6 young males wanted Dozie's territory. It wasn't the Mapogos this time but the Matimba coalition.
Dozie fought for his territory, but 6 males were too much to handle. After a severe beating, Dozie was forced to start a nomadic life.

Dozie after the fight:

After his defeat, he came back to Djuma one night and laid by the dam that he and his brother were always patrolling before disappearing into Kruger.

Hope you enjoy the read.

17 users Like vizions's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

@vizions, what a great post by you. Really we all enjoyed it lot. We propose you to post such great information about lion or any other wild animal which you think you are expert of. Blondie and Dozie were indeed great Lion who lived like real king.

France vizions Offline
Lion Enthusiast

@sanjay 

Blondie & Dozie were amazing. Sadly, numbers in the lion world mean a lot in thoses coalitions fight.
I'm not an expert. Like i said in a previous post, the Mapogos hooked me in the history of the Sabi Sands lions and i try to follow it as much as possible.
I'm glad you liked the story!
2 users Like vizions's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Thanks for replying, It doesn't matter if you are an expert but i am glad that you are keen follower of wildlife and enjoy nature. Keep visiting the forum and always try to share your thoughts

France vizions Offline
Lion Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-23-2014, 10:05 PM by vizions )

Name:  The Charleston lion pride
Tribe  Number: 3

In mid-2011, the Charleston pride consisted of 4 lioness, and 3 cubs. The cubs were born in April 2011. The Charleston pride reside in the south of the Sabi Sands and share their territory with their arch enemy, the Southern/Selati pride. The Southern pride had a clear advantage since they numbered 13 adult lions against 4 of the Charleston's at that time.

After several encounters between the two tribes, the Selati tribe killed 3 adult females during nov2011-feb2012. Only one female was left with 3 cubs (2males, 1female) who weren't his cubs but the cubs of her sisters.

Auntie with the 3 cubs.

In aug 2012, the Southern pride attacked again the Charleston pride and killed the female cub. From 7 members one year ago, the Charleston was reduce to one female adult and 2 males cubs (1year old).
The pressure on the lioness was huge. She had to take care of the cubs on her own, and had to avoid the Southern tribe.

In addition to that, the south of the Sabi Sands was a total mess at that time, they were no real dominant male. They were 3 different coalitions of males who wanted to dominate the territory. These males would have certainly killed the cubs if they had the opportunity.
Against all odds, the lioness managed to raise the 2 cubs, and they always looked well fed.

July 2014:

The lioness was seen mating some months ago with the 3 Sand River males. Let's hope she can brings some new addition to this amazing tribe.

7 users Like vizions's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Another great post by vizions . Your post are few but high in quality. TFS

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-19-2014, 08:13 AM by Pantherinae )

Some News in The lion world! the legendary and royal Junior/ Tasro male has been dethroned and most likely killed by his sucsessor a young and great looking male in The duba plains in the hart of The Okavango delta! He will always be rememberd by me as he has been a very unkown by many other big cat fanatics, and i sort of feel that he has been like a privat project by myself to find storries and information about this big boy, and my passion for him has given me The uppertunety to speak to one of my heroes Dereck Joubert who has filmed and photographed this magnificent male lion, and he said that this lion is probably The biggest lion in Africa! I will always remember that massive male and looking back at all The great times i have had looking for pictures and information about him. Thanks for everything and may You rest in peace Junior.

But let's not forget about a promesing looking youngster, who is Gonna be very interesting to follow! Let The adventure start!

The new male!
5 users Like Pantherinae's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-19-2014, 08:29 AM by Pantherinae )

Not only this but it's also over for some other legendary Lions The 2 year spell as Kings for The selati Lions has also come to an end! As The mighty Majingalane coallition has once again made a name for themselves! One of The selatis where killed, The other one has disapeared probably killed himself! Majingalane has now finished 4 of originaly 5 selatis one by one. The Majingalane now starts to remind me of an other strong coallition The mapogo males! 

This is The last night they where kings! Later that night they heard roar's from both coallitions and The 2 selatis where chance less against 4 Majingalane's who is also bigger in size!
1 user Likes Pantherinae's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Name: Romeo 
Coallition: alone 

romeo is The resident King male lion of the kings pool in Linyanti, he is know for attacking elephant's and also one insident when killing another male lion. He is also described as being an impressive male when it comes to size. 

6 users Like Pantherinae's post

France vizions Offline
Lion Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-08-2015, 09:10 AM by vizions )

Talking about documentaries, there will be one about the Mapogos !

Discovery Networks International (DNI) has commissioned a two-hour special about South Africa’s legendary Mapogo lion pride.

http://www.c21media.net/discovery-search...lion-king/

6 users Like vizions's post

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators

I'm very interested, so tell me when it starts or post a link. Thanks in advance.

1 user Likes peter's post