There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Large male tigers from India (Videos Only)

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-01-2020, 07:07 PM by Rage2277 )

(10-01-2020, 04:49 PM)Pckts Wrote: First day of Kanha being opened and T-50, Bajrang and Sangam were all sighted.

T-50

what a beast,heavy looking skull..big guy hasn't eaten in a while
4 users Like Rage2277's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(10-01-2020, 06:24 PM)Rage2277 Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 04:52 PM)Pckts Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 01:59 PM)Rage2277 Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 12:07 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-modern-weights-and-measurements-on-wild-tigers?page=10

here this might help, for reference. check post #136

if my memory serves me right, the 218kg male was SD005. 

i checked the pattern again the one in the vid is p112

He's the son of T1 right, a Kanha Tigress and Pench father?
https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-b2-and-...#pid122250 wait are p212 and p112 diff animals or the same?

I believe so, im not positive. I know the largest male was 218kg but unspecified name, p212 was less.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

@Rage2277, P112 and P212 are two different individuals. Panna has a naming system.

P 1 (T1 mother) 1 (1st litter) 2 (2nd cub)
P 2 (T2 mother) 1 (1st litter) 2 (2nd cub)
1 user Likes Ashutosh's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(10-01-2020, 06:26 PM)Rage2277 Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 04:49 PM)Pckts Wrote: First day of Kanha being opened and T-50, Bajrang and Sangam were all sighted.

T-50

what a beast,heavy looking skull..big guy hasn't eaten in a while
I have a feeling that this is the season of T50.

Bigcat Enthusiast

(10-01-2020, 07:11 PM)Ashutosh Wrote: @Rage2277, P112 and P212 are two different individuals. Panna has a naming system.

P 1 (T1 mother) 1 (1st litter) 2 (2nd cub)
P 2 (T2 mother) 1 (1st litter) 2 (2nd cub)

P112 with his mother, T1

*This image is copyright of its original author

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

*This image is copyright of its original author

P212 was sired by one of the original Panna male (PNMP8) (very little is known about him) and T2 female (also known as Indri Tigress of Kanha)
since he moved out of Panna, he spent quite a bit of time looking for a new home. when he finally reached Sanjay Dubri Tiger Reserve. he barely had a successful adulthood, since the age of 4. he had been fighting SD005, a strong rival and an original inhabitant of Sanjay Dubri Tiger Reserve. after 1.5 years of fighting, P212 was finally killed. he was about 5.5 year old at the time of his death and according to my sources in WII. he maxed out 205kg in winters and 190kg something in summer. i spoke to Dr.Sunal Roamin Kumar before he made his way to this forum and he made it very clear to me that P212 was never considered a healthy tiger by any means and lacked characteristics of an individual that would be considered fit to survive in the wild. P212 struggled from his sub-adult stage to adult-hood, also back to the 218kg male's identity. the only other male in Sanjay Dubri Tiger Reserve besides P212 was SD005, so all the possibility of him being the 218kg male are pretty high. i know for safety reasons, he didn't want to disclose it but it's got to be him. no other male was ever found there.
2 users Like Roflcopters's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

Corbett big boy.

4 users Like Ashutosh's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

3 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Uma this morning looking like a Tank.

animal enthusiast

(10-06-2020, 12:19 AM)Pckts Wrote:

Kopedabri boy looking good,frame not impressive but he's gonna put on more size still youngish..got a strong skull though
1 user Likes Rage2277's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Uma really did put on a show this morning... he looks great as well.

2 users Like Pckts's post

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-06-2020, 08:59 PM by Rage2277 )

Harshal Malvankar

old man tarzan of pench 6-10-2020 there's alot of sightings this season and hope we get to see a litter sired by uma make it to adulthood, he's a little over prime now but still maintaining.
4 users Like Rage2277's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(10-06-2020, 08:58 PM)Rage2277 Wrote:

Harshal Malvankar

old man tarzan of pench 6-10-2020 there's alot of sightings this season and hope we get to see a litter sired by uma make it to adulthood, he's a little over prime now but still maintaining.

Great to see him again but man is he starting to look old. 
And what an absolute shame it would be if Uma doesn't get to pass those genes on.

Bigcat Enthusiast

One more of Uma
2 users Like Pckts's post

animal enthusiast
1 user Likes Rage2277's post