There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kambula/Ntsevu Pride

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

1/2 Kambula Breakaways Sub Adults 

10 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

4 boys 1 girl in Singita

11 users Like Tonpa's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Kambula Breakaways 

6 users Like criollo2mil's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

Definitely some new mommies…..we should see cubbies soon

9 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Posted November 11th

"During one game drive, we found four lions, consisting of three very large males (larger than I have ever seen) and one female, which have broken away from the Kambula pride."

7 users Like Tonpa's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(11-23-2022, 11:33 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Posted November 11th

"During one game drive, we found four lions, consisting of three very large males (larger than I have ever seen) and one female, which have broken away from the Kambula pride."

Is he referring to the N'was, or the subs? If the N'was, I believe that might be the first time I have heard anyone refer to them as exceptionally large, especially since the photographer has spent quite a bit of time photographing lions in the Mara. The N'was may be bigger than I thought.
6 users Like BA0701's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

(11-24-2022, 12:42 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

Is he referring to the N'was, or the subs? If the N'was, I believe that might be the first time I have heard anyone refer to them as exceptionally large, especially since the photographer has spent quite a bit of time photographing lions in the Mara. The N'was may be bigger than I thought.

haha yeah, he's referring to the subs. This is the last girl still with her brothers
3 users Like Tonpa's post

Germany BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(11-24-2022, 12:52 AM)Tonpa Wrote:
(11-24-2022, 12:42 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

haha yeah, he's referring to the subs. This is the last girl still with her brothers

The recent video of Nhena that was posted, the one showing him walk in front of the truck, was a great example of how truly massive he is. Those boys come from great genes for sure.
7 users Like BA0701's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-26-2022, 07:58 PM by criollo2mil )

The Youngest Offspring of the Birmingham Boys (Kambula Breakaways) in Mala Mala 

10 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-27-2022, 04:50 PM by Tonpa )

Nhlanguleni makes an impala kill, which is stolen by Hyenas and then stolen by the subs

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author
9 users Like Tonpa's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

These boys are turning into magnificent specimen!!
1 user Likes DARK MANE's post

1999gc8 Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-27-2022, 12:24 PM by 1999gc8 )

(11-27-2022, 11:16 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: These boys are turning into magnificent specimen!!

Yeah I was thinking the same. I hope they can get through the next 8-12 months as four and with the genetics of Tinyo or Nhena they will be a real force.
2 users Like 1999gc8's post

United Kingdom NLAL11 Offline

(11-27-2022, 12:23 PM)1999gc8 Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 11:16 AM)DARK MANE Wrote: These boys are turning into magnificent specimen!!

Yeah I was thinking the same. I hope they can get through the next 8-12 months as four and with the genetics of Tinyo or Nhena they will be a real force.

Don't forget the Kambula genetics, those are some impressive lionesses. BBoys + Kambula Pride = Kambula Boys.

This is the youngest lioness, from the 2019 litter, no? She's almost exactly the same age as the Tsalala lioness. Considering their locations in Sabi Sands, if she doesn't get accepted back into either the Kambula Pride or the as yet unnamed breakaway pride, that would be a much more likely pairing than say, the Othawa subs and Tsalala.
2 users Like NLAL11's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 11-28-2022, 01:44 PM by DARK MANE )

1/2 pregnant kambula girl
10 users Like DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Kambula girl giving birth to nwaswitshaka boys.

8 users Like DARK MANE's post