There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Indo-Chinese and Malayan tigers

Greatearth Offline
Banned

Does anyone have good knowledges in Indochinese tigers about their size when they lived all over Indochina?

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

*This image is copyright of its original author
indo chinese male photo from [color=var(--secondary-text)]=AZVeIzI2KdRXLr1nIBKgNzOXnhVmm5JBdLDwhwWpv3WAnH23Oo6NJjomSLsQIqFAV-O-REGZj0J5eDzoGsBjrj5uA8SpeTmSTa76Sk6WNv8o3dPxK1D5DRMJQ1wUQtYDt3EMJe7Y9Ldrtah7Pvecq1F4&__tn__=-UC*F]Thailand Tiger Project DNP[/color]
6 users Like Rage2277's post

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher

(03-13-2021, 12:18 AM)GreenForest Wrote: 160kg Malayan tiger. Shot 8 times, still lived for another 3 weeks. Amazing Resilience. 
https://says.com/my/news/malayan-tiger-d...terengganu

I don't see the weight in the article.
1 user Likes GuateGojira's post

Romania GreenForest Offline

(11-15-2021, 02:20 AM)GuateGojira Wrote:
(03-13-2021, 12:18 AM)GreenForest Wrote: 160kg Malayan tiger. Shot 8 times, still lived for another 3 weeks. Amazing Resilience. 
https://says.com/my/news/malayan-tiger-d...terengganu

I don't see the weight in the article.

Welcome back Guate. Good to see you again!

This is from the article. 

"The bullets had also injured his lungs and nervous system, Perhilitan said. The damage left the 160kg tiger to be partially paralysed."
3 users Like GreenForest's post

Expert & Researcher

(11-15-2021, 04:17 AM)GreenForest Wrote: Welcome back Guate. Good to see you again!

"The bullets had also injured his lungs and nervous system, Perhilitan said. The damage left the 160kg tiger to be partially paralysed."

Thank you very much! For some reason the link is not showing me the full article. I will use this weight for the Malayan sample.
1 user Likes GuateGojira's post

Greatearth Offline
Banned

(11-15-2021, 05:20 AM)GuateGojira Wrote:
(11-15-2021, 04:17 AM)GreenForest Wrote: Welcome back Guate. Good to see you again!

Thank you very much! For some reason the link is not showing me the full article. I will use this weight for the Malayan sample.

I am not sure you can trust that until you personally contact to those people. Most big cat people aren't interested in sizes. There are many errors in reporters everywhere. Although it is better than nothing.

Expert & Researcher

(11-17-2021, 10:24 AM)Greatearth Wrote: I am not sure you can trust that until you personally contact to those people.

You are right on this. I will try to confirm it.

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast

Very stocky male from the Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary, Thailand

More photos of him (and another tiger) via the Thailand Tiger Project team: Yeon Gyu Hahn
5 users Like Luipaard's post

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 04-13-2022, 03:45 AM by peter )

(04-13-2022, 12:39 AM)Luipaard Wrote: Very stocky male from the Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary, Thailand

More photos of him (and another tiger) via the Thailand Tiger Project team: Yeon Gyu Hahn

In spite of the angle, the size of the skull is remarkable. 

I don't do Facebook. Can you post a few more? Thanks in advance.
2 users Like peter's post

Luipaard Offline
Leopard enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-13-2022, 04:36 AM by Luipaard )

(04-13-2022, 03:44 AM)peter Wrote:
(04-13-2022, 12:39 AM)Luipaard Wrote: Very stocky male from the Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary, Thailand

In spite of the angle, the size of the skull is remarkable. 

I don't do Facebook. Can you post a few more? Thanks in advance.

Sure I can post them although it seems @Rage2277 already posted one of them almost a year ago (see here). I didn't actually read anything bar the exact location so I could post the camera trap image in the right thread as I was in awe of this tiger. Turns out this post alongside the images was a tribute to two tigers of this sanctuary; males Uthit and Thanakorn. After doing some searching I found out that the impressive male I initially posted is/was Thanakorn. I don't know who is who in the images but here's the rest of them shared by the same person Yeon Gyu Hahn:

Another male (?) with in my opinion very robust limbs and forequarters:

Facebook page of the Thailand Tiger Project DNP
6 users Like Luipaard's post

animal enthusiast

4 users Like Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast

indochinese beast credits to @Thailand Tiger Project DNP
6 users Like Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast

big male indochinese tiger
8 users Like Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast

Huge Indochinese male credits to Thailand tiger project DNP
2 users Like Rage2277's post

Apex Titan Offline

Indochinese tiger captured on camera trap in Thailand:

Male Indochinese tiger captured on camera trap in the western forests of Thailand:

Indochinese tiger captured on camera trap in Thailand:

2 users Like Apex Titan's post