There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massive Head, Neck & Muscles

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 04-15-2017, 10:10 AM by Rishi )

(04-15-2017, 08:08 AM)Garfield Wrote: Cool video, dang, hows big would yah say that Bengal is indat video?

I wouldn't.. There's nothing to compare him to & I'm not into guesswork...

All I'd say is that he's pretty old...His back is starting to arch & pelvis starting to show... 
Also in Indian zoos they are made to starve a day every week..His belly here looks empty...
2 users Like Rishi's post

United States Garfield Offline
Banned

(04-15-2017, 08:53 AM)Rishi Wrote:
(04-15-2017, 08:08 AM)Garfield Wrote: Cool video, dang, hows big would yah say that Bengal is indat video?

I wouldn't.. There's nothing to compare him to & i not into guesswork...

All I'd say is that he's pretty old...His back is starting to arch & pelvis starting to show... 
Also in Indian zoos they are made to starve a day every week..His belly looks empty...

Big mother tiger though Id say, thangs a beeast.
2 users Like Garfield's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-17-2017, 11:26 PM by Pckts )

Akash Saraf

T67 from Kahna

*This image is copyright of its original author

Jaydeep Singh Yadav

Mahabir Female

April 2017

Umarpani Male

11 users Like Pckts's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 04-25-2017, 03:04 PM by Rishi )

Bamera Reincarnated!!!
T9 (Mangu) Tala, Bandhavgarh...

Pic. Courtesy: Ravi Pathak Bandhavgarh's FB post.
8 users Like Rishi's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

Prime Wagdoh Male...
7 users Like Rishi's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

7 users Like Rishi's post

United Kingdom Ferreomus Offline
New Join

The Tigers Skull is shorter but Wider

United States Stealthcat Offline
Banned

(12-28-2017, 08:26 PM)Ferreomus Wrote: The Tigers Skull is shorter but Wider

I'm not 100% sure they're wider, I think it certain areas, like say around the middle of the muzzle, but at the zygomatic arch, I personally have seen lions wider there, sometimes they are almost strangely wide in that area.  You can also see this in ligers, very wide cheek bones, that is the lion part of them causing that. At the same time, the lions head is flatter, and it can actually curve upward, slightly, the tigers is more rounded and goes down some.  Some large Siberian tigers have big rounded foreheads also.  Overall, from what I've seen, I'd say both have their pluses, the whole notion that one is superior over the other or one has a higher biteforce, I'm doubting that, both will be stronger in a different way for a different purpose.  Lions I also believe have the stronger lower jaw, its designed to hook on to prey and pull, not to mention it likely adapted that way cause of the intense fighting for food at the kills.  Only the strongest cubs will survive through generations, the cubs that were able to pull harder and get more of their share.  Nearly 80% of cubs die before a year old in some cases, the number one cause of death is starvation, lack of meat.  The stronger lower jaw had to have adapted to aid the younger lions in their survival to get enough meat. The ones with weaker lower jaws would of been cancelled out by the natural selection.
2 users Like Stealthcat's post

United States paul cooper Offline
Banned

@Stealthcat 

I already know who you are.
1 user Likes paul cooper's post

United States Stealthcat Offline
Banned

The problem with a lot of the male lion shots is the mane does obscure the anatomy, I've noticed when studying this there is added muscle in the front part of the shoulders and arms, this area is almost always half covered by the mane. 

In a younger lion without the full mane yet, you can see this musculature showing in many specimens, the areas of the supraspinatus, trapezius muscles, the whole areas around the shoulder. 

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 01-21-2018, 03:44 AM by Amnon242 )

kruger 2.5yo (born in january 2013, i took this photo in august 2015). The female is of similar age and more muscular. IMO male lions are (relatively) the least muscular big cats. Just my personal observation

Attached Files Image(s)

1 user Likes Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 01-21-2018, 03:46 AM by Amnon242 )

Same lion, Im not sure about exact age, probably 3.5 yo (not my pohoto). Body is quite robust, but front legs are very thin

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 01-21-2018, 03:52 AM by Amnon242 )

For comparison, this male is 4.5 yo (born also in january 2013, I took this photo in july 2017), 250kg weighted at his 3rd birthday. When it comes to size and muscularity, this male is completely different league

Attached Files Image(s)

2 users Like Amnon242's post

United States paul cooper Offline
Banned

Wooooow damn Mr. Autist @Stealthcat come see this!

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

You mean Garfield aka Haymaker, aka Dalen Cat aka Prime aka "lion boxer autistic head move"?