There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massive Head, Neck & Muscles

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-14-2017, 12:16 AM by Ngala )

I just thought that it'd be cool to see these two compared

*This image is copyright of its original author

11 users Like Pckts's post

United Kingdom Sully Offline
Ecology & Rewilding

Doesn't seem an ounce of fat on each, incredible
6 users Like Sully's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

The lion's body seems sharper, while the tiger's is more massive. And yes ! Not a ounce of fat on each...
6 users Like Spalea's post

United States Polar Offline
Polar Bear Enthusiast

Both look Ubersuperman-level ripped, but the tiger looks to have more muscle since it looks heavier, and it appears more massive as Spalea stated.

But appearances can be deceiving, sometimes... 
5 users Like Polar's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(05-25-2016, 12:11 AM)Spalea Wrote: The lion's body seems sharper, while the tiger's is more massive. And yes ! Not a ounce of fat on each...

Still to this day, one of the best descriptions of the difference between lions and tigers body types was from Jon Varty

"The male lion tapers towards the waist, whereas the male tiger is powerful front and back"

Even when both are empty you can notice that subtle difference between them, Both are powerhouses in their own beautiful way.
5 users Like Pckts's post

Polar Bear Enthusiast

Though the 0% body fat approximation is a little too much, let's try ~8-9% body fat? Even the most ripped, trained, and steroidical humans can't even reach 0% bodyfat! :)
3 users Like Polar's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(05-25-2016, 01:18 AM)Polar Wrote: Though the 0% body fat approximation is a little too much, let's try ~8-9% body fat? Even the most ripped, trained, and steroidical humans can't even reach 0% bodyfat! :)

Of course, it was just an "attention grabber"

In my peak, when I was boxing full time I got down to 13% BMI but never below that and I was as ripped as I have ever been in my life, I trained with a few 8%BMI freaks of nature and trust me on this, they looked like they were sculpted out of stone.
5 users Like Pckts's post

Wildanimal Lover

@Pckts: about #5

"Powerhouse", the right word to describe their bodys. When you hear them growling, you feel their power. It's somewhat as if you were in front of an imaginary motorbike, an 10000 honda... That has always fascinated me.

And yes, @Polar, perhaps not 0 % body fat, but they are such a compact power that I would give them, perhaps, 2-3 % body fat. No more than that.
4 users Like Spalea's post

Polar Bear Enthusiast

(05-25-2016, 01:25 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(05-25-2016, 01:18 AM)Polar Wrote: Though the 0% body fat approximation is a little too much, let's try ~8-9% body fat? Even the most ripped, trained, and steroidical humans can't even reach 0% bodyfat! :)

Of course, it was just an "attention grabber"

In my peak, when I was boxing full time I got down to 13% BMI but never below that and I was as ripped as I have ever been in my life, I trained with a few 8%BMI freaks of nature and trust me on this, they looked like they were sculpted out of stone.

I never dropped down to that body fat percentage of 13% in my entire life, I am normally between 17-21% depending on my training and off-training season, and I can weigh anywhere between 210 to 240 pounds at my six-foot frame.

The lowest % of bodyfat I have ever seen on a person was back in 2012: one of those Olympia-style bodybuilders with an exact 2.28% bodyfat (I don't know how I can still remember the number), and he was HUGE at 6'2" and approximately 270 pounds.

He looked exactly like these cats shown here, yet with a human form.

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 05-25-2016, 04:01 AM by Tshokwane )

Awesome pics of the two species. 

I was trying to find one of a leopard, to show a comparison, but the spotted pattern makes it difficult, it's designed to make the shape of the cat dissapear.

But for now, how are these ones?

10 users Like Tshokwane's post

Polar Bear Enthusiast

Jesus! That leopard resembles Machli the Tigress in how his shoulder region strongly contrasts his chest, and in how his legs are incredibly defined.

Bigcat Enthusiast

I remember that leopard and I couldn't believe it... He looks like a jaguar, such a beast!
3 users Like Pckts's post

United States Siegfried Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast
Photo  ( This post was last modified: 05-25-2016, 05:10 PM by Siegfried )

14 users Like Siegfried's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-25-2016, 10:22 PM by Pckts )

Great Find @Siegfried
Here a few more from the artist
Smilodon

Tiger and Cheetah

Tiger with open mouth, the Tiger is based off the Siberian Tiger btw

"I did some modifications to the body and hind leg proportions to be more accurate to represent the average male Siberian tiger."

In case anybody wants to purchase one or know the measurements he used...
https://www.junsanatomy.com/collections/...omy-models
I just inquired about using N. India Tigers and what that would run
6 users Like Pckts's post

Wildanimal Lover

@Pckts:

Thank you for having given the blog Jun's anatomy. The photos are really beautiful... (I would like to buy the lion's body).

And personally, about lion's and tiger's anatomy, apart from the head, do you see a difference as concerns the body ?
2 users Like Spalea's post