There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

Poll: In your opinion, how much maximum weight can a human lift during an adrenaline rush?
This poll is closed.
800 pounds.
25.00%
1 25.00%
1000 pounds.
0%
0 0%
1200 pounds.
25.00%
1 25.00%
1700 pounds.
25.00%
1 25.00%
One whopping ton (2000 pounds.)
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Strength

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 01:24 AM by Roflcopters )

Conor's best noticeable win was against Chad Mendes but his intimidating nature and the bluff, i just dont see it working against Khabib. He's in a different league altogether, also if the fight goes to the ground. Khabib has impeccable defense and a lethal offence that i just cant see Conor surviving. Barboza fight was a true display of Khabib's incredible power and a total ground domination. Tony vs Conor standup would be a toss up, i think they are evenly matched but Ferguson takes him on the ground and personally i think for that reason alone, Conor would avoid him. you have to remember this is a new wave of much better competition than what Conor is used to. I think a lot of people underestimate Conor, there is no doubt he's a world class fighter but he has to defend his titles to end all the speculation. cant be peoples champ and not have a fight on the table.
1 user Likes Roflcopters's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 02:12 AM by Pckts )

Beating Aldo, Alvarez, Halloway and Diaz are all more impressive wins than Mendes and neither Ferguson nor Khabib are a new wave, Conor is younger than Ferguson and the same age as Khabib and so far their opponents they've faced are older competitors and in all honesty, the best opponent they've faced are either RDA or Barboza and Aldo, Halloway and Alvarez are well with in that caliber.  Conor is less prone to injury than the other two who have been known to pull out of fights time to time as well. I do agree that Conor must avoid the ground against either but I see him having little issue getting back to his feet against Ferguson, who's still dangerous standing as well, I agree, against Khabib though Conor will be in massive trouble if he ends up on his back.
All 3 deserve their credit, that is for sure. This will be settled in the year to come hopefully, you never know with Mcgregor but Khabib and Ferguson are supposed to fight next but those two are cursed with injuries against one another, we'll have to hope that isn't the case this time around.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Russian Federation AlexE Offline
Watchlisted Member

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-27-2018, 11:26 PM by Pckts )

The Mountain power clean and pressing 405 like it's nothing. 

2 of the best Strongman competitors in history rep'ing 770lbs!

1 user Likes Pckts's post

United States Polar Offline
Polar Bear Enthusiast

Can't wait for Mir and Fedor to face off on April 28, two days before my birthday!

I am leaning on 50/50 split between the two, both have been out of their prime for an extremely long time, or Mir by submission; Fedor by submission or KO. World's greatest MMA fighter Fedor isn't what he used to be pre-2008, so it is still kind of sad that he is still fighting (like Cro Cop in RIZIN) but exciting.

Plus @Pckts, the Mountain definitely cleaned that 405-pound barbell like it was nothing; he isn't only strong in static movements looks like!
1 user Likes Polar's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Do you know Patrick Edlinger, the famous french solitary climber ?

When I was young I practised climbit a little bit but with some friends I admired this guy a lot. And now more than ever, when I realise the beauty of the body gestures.

For me, IMO, this guy is far above all "famous" boxers, football players, wrestlers and so on. Just try to look at this short movie that I would translate "The life at the fingertips".

1 user Likes Spalea's post

Wildanimal Lover

For those who want to know more about him, Patrick Edlinger:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Edlinger

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-06-2018, 10:45 PM by Pckts )

Hafthor Bjornsson "The Mountain" Breaks New World Record Raw Deadlift 472 KG/1041 Lbs and winning the Arnold 2018

Polar Bear Enthusiast

(03-06-2018, 10:42 PM)Pckts Wrote: Hafthor Bjornsson "The Mountain" Breaks New World Record Raw Deadlift 472 KG/1041 Lbs and winning the Arnold 2018

Broke his own record of raw deadlift (which was his after he out-lifted Magnusson) twiceAnd he won Arnold Strongman 2018? Those are two impressive feats right there to guarantee him in the strongest human ever Hall of Fame.

Polar Bear Enthusiast

(03-06-2018, 05:16 PM)Spalea Wrote: Do you know Patrick Edlinger, the famous french solitary climber ?

When I was young I practised climbit a little bit but with some friends I admired this guy a lot. And now more than ever, when I realise the beauty of the body gestures.

For me, IMO, this guy is far above all "famous" boxers, football players, wrestlers and so on. Just try to look at this short movie that I would translate "The life at the fingertips".

This guy certainly looks like the start of the "climbing movement" these days. Another one is Kurt Albert.

Wildanimal Lover

@Polar:

About #176: unlucky this guy died in November 2012. This short movie  was realised in 1982 when he was 22 years old. Of course his look and his way of climbing made him a star thank to this movie. Thank to him too, the climbing sport became popular in French (for exemple some artificial wall were built in numerous sport areas).

I think, as top athlete, he realised a perfect synthesis combining strength (pull up on a only one small finger at 9:22 of the movie), mental and physical endurance (remaining very focused during the whole lone ascension with bares hands, if not death...) and skill (perhaps the only one subjectiv parameter but I find him sublime to see in action).

And yes Kurt Albert, although older (starting to commit his life to free climbing at the age of 32 in 1986), was contemporary of Patrick Edlinger.
1 user Likes Spalea's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(01-24-2018, 01:53 AM)Pckts Wrote: Beating Aldo, Alvarez, Halloway and Diaz are all more impressive wins than Mendes and neither Ferguson nor Khabib are a new wave, Conor is younger than Ferguson and the same age as Khabib and so far their opponents they've faced are older competitors and in all honesty, the best opponent they've faced are either RDA or Barboza and Aldo, Halloway and Alvarez are well with in that caliber.  Conor is less prone to injury than the other two who have been known to pull out of fights time to time as well. I do agree that Conor must avoid the ground against either but I see him having little issue getting back to his feet against Ferguson, who's still dangerous standing as well, I agree, against Khabib though Conor will be in massive trouble if he ends up on his back.
All 3 deserve their credit, that is for sure. This will be settled in the year to come hopefully, you never know with Mcgregor but Khabib and Ferguson are supposed to fight next but those two are cursed with injuries against one another, we'll have to hope that isn't the case this time around.

The injury bug strikes again for Ferguson, what a bummer.
Would of loved to see him and Khabib finally face off but as quick replacements go, Halloway isn't a bad option.
I'm still hoping for a competitive fight but I expect Khabib's pressure to be too much in the end.

Polar Bear Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-03-2018, 03:25 AM by Polar )

They should have actually gotten Conor to fight him--no wait Conor is too busy trying to speculate why he "can't fight" the actual lightweight champion haha.

By this point, I think Khabib is too much for anyone in the lightweight division. Even if he fought Ferguson, I think Khabib would win quite easily...too much Judo-style pressure (Ferguson not used to that) and takes away Ferguson's striking advantage by initiating grappling everytime he wants, so Khabib would win by decision (by dominating grappling exchanges even though Ferguson has better BJJ) or a TKO right after a takedown. I don't see Khabib winning Ferguson on the feet that easily. I think if he fought Conor, he would submit Conor or win by decision as well (but could get tagged slightly a few times).

Overall, I think Khabib is the new prospect and would secure a very easy win over Holloway.

Polar Bear Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-03-2018, 04:19 AM by Polar )

Well...looks like I severely underestimated Tony Ferguson...check out his training vs that of Khabib coming off of an injury. Khabib normally trans much more tougher than shown here, but still not as heavy as Ferguson.

I still think Khabib will win, but seeing how different they trained, it will be an extremely close fight contrary to what I said about Khabib completely dominating Ferguson.

Bigcat Enthusiast

Khabib seems like a "gamer" to me, unless he's training in a fighting scenario he seems like he's only going to give you a little bit of his full potential, I've seen that a lot throughout my years when I was fighting. Sometimes you have guys who just hate training and weren't good at it but once the lights turned on they were monsters.