There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---
WildFact Lost one of the best poster and a true mod, Ezequiel Almada. You will be missed Tshokwane for ever.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How this pandemic affected you?

Canada Kingtheropod Offline
Bigcat Expert

4 passengers die on Holland America cruise ship!

Four passengers have died on board a Holland America Line cruise ship currently sailing off the coast of Panama. Many other passengers on the ship have flu-like symptoms and two have tested positive for COVID-19. 

A total of 247 Canadians are among the 1,243 passengers on the Zaandam, which is also carrying 586 crew members — one of whom is Canadian, according to Global Affairs Canada. 
"Holland America Line can confirm that four older guests have passed away on Zaandam," the cruise line said in a statement. "Our thoughts and prayers are with their families, and we are doing everything we can to support them during this difficult time," said the cruise line.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/4-...spartandhp

India sanjay Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

This outbreak has affected me a lot... As you know I am web developer and due to this outbreak clients have stopped working.. So no project .. no earning.. everything is halted .. don't know when things will back to normal... And this lockdown is making thing worse here.. In india people are stocking groceries .. prices has risen up..
Feeling like Contagion movie
1 user Likes sanjay's post

India Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 03-28-2020, 09:47 AM by Rishi )

(03-28-2020, 09:02 AM)sanjay Wrote: This outbreak has affected me a lot... As you know I am web developer and due to this outbreak clients have stopped working.. So no project .. no earning.. everything is halted .. don't know when things will back to normal... And this lockdown is making thing worse here.. In india people are stocking groceries .. prices has risen up..
Feeling like Contagion movie

And I was under the impression that computer software based jobs will be least affected, because of online "work from home" potential...
"Everything not saved will be lost."

1 user Likes Rishi's post

United States Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

@sanjay 

Let's hope everything will go back to normal soon . This pandemic has minimally affected me  other than sheltering in place. I think we will all pull through this debacle.
1 user Likes Lycaon's post

India sanjay Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

Though I am not happy with the situation, but as Wildlife lovers.. I think mother nature has hit the reboot button and done good for wildlife and atmosphere. Hope this bring good for animals and nature we are living around.
This also proves, human and their technology is nothing..
6 users Like sanjay's post

Canada TheNormalGuy Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-29-2020, 09:55 AM by TheNormalGuy )

(03-26-2020, 11:03 AM)sanjay Wrote: Why China and US blaming each other?

Because China said the first case was contracted in the USA and then, this individual traveled to China where it was "discovered"

That's the rumors i heard of.
"The Science of Life is a superb and dazzlingly lighted hall which may be reached only by passing through a long and ghastly kitchen". - Claude Bernard
1 user Likes TheNormalGuy's post

India Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 03-29-2020, 10:32 AM by Rishi )

(03-28-2020, 09:21 PM)sanjay Wrote: Though I am not happy with the situation, but as Wildlife lovers.. I think mother nature has hit the reboot button and done good for wildlife and atmosphere. Hope this bring good for animals and nature we are living around.
I KNOW RIGHT.

Not just wildlife! The air has drastically improves in 5 days. Sundarban & Kolkata has same air quality right now, below 50. You can see the skyline right upto the horizon, like in monsoon.

*This image is copyright of its original author

I hope by April14 that filthy drain beside Delhi-Agra that passes of as a river will become clean too.

(03-29-2020, 03:43 AM)TheNormalGuy Wrote: But remember, the president is a dumb jackass.

He atleast understands what needs to be done & isn't taking it lightly... Boris Johnson shaked hands with patients & caught it. At his age, the man might even end up in coffin. 

Yesterday police van picked up a few guys in my neighbourhood they found loitering on the streets for no reason. They're doing it all over.
Internet here is full of memes like this. Lol

And that sort of strictness is necessary too... India crossed 900, in the highest single-day jump yet with 178 fresh cases reported yesterday. It's expected to cross 1000 today. 

And these cases are all pre-lockdown transmissions, meaning there may be thousands more already infected but not showing symptoms yet. Even now the streets may be empty, but markets are bustling like there's a sale... Lockdown won't do anything unless home deliveries & mobile selling vans for essentials isn't implemented in large scale.

Then as I was saying, the Indian strain maybe much stronger than the European. 79 recovered, 21 dead and least aged was in early 30s.
Because of the lowered average age of the the people, the more virile ones that would have killed their host and got out of the system in West, passes on in India.

3 users Like Rishi's post

United States Pckts Online
Bigcat Enthusiast

(03-29-2020, 03:43 AM)TheNormalGuy Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 11:03 AM)sanjay Wrote: Why China and US blaming each other?

Because China said the first case was contracted in the USA and then, this individual traveled to China where it was "discovered"

That's the rumors i heard of.

I've never heard that and China has already come out and said that they think they actually know who Patient 0 was and in which market they think it the person caught it at.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/futurism.co...-china/amp
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
-Oscar Wilde

United States Pckts Online
Bigcat Enthusiast

(03-29-2020, 10:05 AM)Rishi Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 09:21 PM)sanjay Wrote: Though I am not happy with the situation, but as Wildlife lovers.. I think mother nature has hit the reboot button and done good for wildlife and atmosphere. Hope this bring good for animals and nature we are living around.
I KNOW RIGHT.

Not just wildlife! The air has drastically improves in 5 days. Sundarban & Kolkata has same air quality right now, below 50. You can see the skyline right upto the horizon, like in monsoon.

I hope by April14 that filthy drain beside Delhi-Agra that passes of as a river will become clean too.

(03-29-2020, 03:43 AM)TheNormalGuy Wrote: But remember, the president is a dumb jackass.

He atleast understands what needs to be done & isn't taking it lightly... Boris Johnson shaked hands with patients & caught it. At his age, the man might even end up in coffin. 

Yesterday police van picked up a few guys in my neighbourhood they found loitering on the streets for no reason. They're doing it all over.
Internet here is full of memes like this. Lol

And that sort of strictness is necessary too... India crossed 900, in the highest single-day jump yet with 178 fresh cases reported yesterday. It's expected to cross 1000 today. 

And these cases are all pre-lockdown transmissions, meaning there may be thousands more already infected but not showing symptoms yet. Even now the streets may be empty, but markets are bustling like there's a sale... Lockdown won't do anything unless home deliveries & mobile selling vans for essentials isn't implemented in large scale.

Then as I was saying, the Indian strain maybe much stronger than the European. 79 recovered, 21 dead and least aged was in early 30s.
Because of the lowered average age of the the people, the more virile ones that would have killed their host and got out of the system in West, passes on in India.

India, Indonesia, Japan & Greece are all showing similar mortality rates but you need much more data  before you get the true picture.
I do think India will be much more susceptible though because of the density of your population.
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
-Oscar Wilde
1 user Likes Pckts's post

India sanjay Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-29-2020, 05:15 PM by sanjay )

Lockdown in India is great setp but implementation failed.

We can see thousands of daily wagers and workers have started moving to their local place, this is creating chaotic and increasing the risk of covid19 outbreak in Indian in ordinary population

1 user Likes sanjay's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Moderators

(03-29-2020, 05:04 PM)sanjay Wrote: Lockdown in India is great setp but implementation failed.

We can see thousands of daily wagers and workers have started moving to their local place, this is creating chaotic  and increasing the risk of covid19 outbreak in Indian in ordinary population

Obviously official numbers from India aren´t in nowhere near the reality.

India Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 03-29-2020, 11:20 PM by Rishi )

(03-29-2020, 05:04 PM)sanjay Wrote: Lockdown in India is great setp but implementation failed.

Absolutely. They should have given a window of atleast 24hours. And mobile supply vending system. The trucks are all gathering dust in parking. If they assigned one to each market vendor to do round within each constituency, the both truckers would earn some & people wouldn't go to markets in hordes.

Problem with Indian systems (except railways, they react to even tweeted complaints) is it's very open loop. They just decide & leave it. No efficient feedback & readjustment machinery.

(03-29-2020, 05:45 PM)Shadow Wrote: Obviously official numbers from India aren´t in nowhere near the reality.

As of now these numbers are sliced from hospitals. And as I said, dormant carriers are in thousands by now. All present cases were infected minimum 2 weeks before lockdown. It's only been 5 days and many are laxing.
The rate is showing no indication of slowing down and will keep rising till atleast the end of April.

Canada TheNormalGuy Offline

@Rishi i was talking about the USA president lol.
"The Science of Life is a superb and dazzlingly lighted hall which may be reached only by passing through a long and ghastly kitchen". - Claude Bernard

India Rishi Offline
Moderators

(03-29-2020, 07:54 PM)TheNormalGuy Wrote: @Rishi i was talking about the USA president lol.

Yeah, I know.