There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

Musa15 Offline

(04-22-2018, 04:43 AM)stronghold Wrote: I agree the 5th Majingilanes death was really instrumental for the Majingilanes. The way they killed KT was really brutal. One of the most brutal if not the most brutal that was caught on camera.

Which begs the question: Are Lions complex enough to feel the concept of revenge? I personally believe so and don't think it's a coincidence that they tore KT apart in such a manner. It's entirely possible that they realized the loss of their brother and held KT responsible and released their anger on him.
4 users Like Musa15's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

Had the 5th Majingalane has stayed with them... likely they would have separated at some point of time and formed 2 coalitions.. which would not have been good for them..
1 user Likes vinodkumarn's post

South Africa HouseOfLions Offline

(04-21-2018, 07:40 PM)Musa15 Wrote: I can see the resemblance with his bros. One must wonder what could have been if he stayed alive and was part of the coalition for those 7/8 years, perhaps an even larger area would have been dominated by them.

But on the other hand one could argue that his demise was instrumental in the Majingilane victory over the mighty Mapogos, as I've heard some theorize that he inflicted some injuries on KT and Mr. T which might have caused them to seperate from eachother after they killed him and looked for the other intruders. Long enough for KT to be alone and get destroyed by the 4 Majingilane and Mr. T arrived too late.

So his death may been the sacrifice that his brothers needed to become the longest reigning coalition ever in the Sabi Sands.
The 5th did inflict some injuries but that didn't slow the mlowathis down at all. Infact, both of them were chasing the 4 manginjis away. At some point in this chase, T gave up but KT continued.

And they didn't win anything over the "Mapogos", they won over 2 lions - the mlowathis. When you say Mapogo, you mean all 6.

New Zealand KGB_lion Offline

(04-23-2018, 03:19 AM)HouseOfLions Wrote:
(04-21-2018, 07:40 PM)Musa15 Wrote: I can see the resemblance with his bros. One must wonder what could have been if he stayed alive and was part of the coalition for those 7/8 years, perhaps an even larger area would have been dominated by them.

But on the other hand one could argue that his demise was instrumental in the Majingilane victory over the mighty Mapogos, as I've heard some theorize that he inflicted some injuries on KT and Mr. T which might have caused them to seperate from eachother after they killed him and looked for the other intruders. Long enough for KT to be alone and get destroyed by the 4 Majingilane and Mr. T arrived too late.

So his death may been the sacrifice that his brothers needed to become the longest reigning coalition ever in the Sabi Sands.
The 5th did inflict some injuries but that didn't slow the mlowathis down at all. Infact, both of them were chasing the 4 manginjis away. At some point in this chase, T gave up but KT continued.

And they didn't win anything over the "Mapogos", they won over 2 lions - the mlowathis. When you say Mapogo, you mean all 6.
 > Infact, both of them were chasing the 4 manginjis away. At some point in this chase, T gave up

Source for this?

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(04-23-2018, 04:11 PM)KGB_lion Wrote:  > Infact, both of them were chasing the 4 manginjis away. At some point in this chase, T gave up

Source for this?

It's more of a supposed thing than an actual account, mostly because he arrived minutes later to the fight, so people guess that he must have gotten lost during the chase.

(04-23-2018, 03:19 AM)HouseOfLions Wrote: And they didn't win anything over the "Mapogos", they won over 2 lions - the mlowathis. When you say Mapogo, you mean all 6.

And also again vs another 2 when the full coalition went east to challenge them, where Rasta got killed and PB was injured.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

(04-23-2018, 04:11 PM)KGB_lion Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 03:19 AM)HouseOfLions Wrote:

> Infact, both of them were chasing the 4 manginjis away. At some point in this chase, T gave up

Source for this?

Most of the old sources are either deleted or the URL's have been changed.

I did find an old Facebook post that says that kinky and T did start chasing the manginjis away but T gave if up for some reason.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s...ry_index=0

This post from Arathusa also mentions that arrived 15 minutes late to the battle.

http://arathusa.co.za/a-spectacular-battle/

Anyway, if you want to discuss this further, PM me. I don't want to clog of this thread with old information. That would be very rude.

(04-23-2018, 05:20 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 04:11 PM)KGB_lion Wrote:  > Infact, both of them were chasing the 4 manginjis away. At some point in this chase, T gave up

Source for this?

It's more of a supposed thing than an actual account, mostly because he arrived minutes later to the fight, so people guess that he must have gotten lost during the chase.

(04-23-2018, 03:19 AM)HouseOfLions Wrote: And they didn't win anything over the "Mapogos", they won over 2 lions - the mlowathis. When you say Mapogo, you mean all 6.

And also again vs another 2 when the full coalition went east to challenge them, where Rasta got killed and PB was injured.
Rusta's killing is still a mystery and no one knows for sure what happened.  Many rangers who said he might have been involved have said they were speculating. From the voice cam, we can hear it was only one.

Anyway, I don't want to get into this.

But yes, we can say, with 100% surety, they won over PB.

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 04-23-2018, 06:34 PM by Tshokwane )

(04-23-2018, 05:41 PM)HouseOfLions Wrote: I did find an old Facebook post that says that kinky and T did start chasing the manginjis away but T gave if up for some reason.

This post from Arathusa also mentions that arrived 15 minutes late to the battle.

Yeah, I was rechecking earlier in the Mapogo thread, (page 41, post #605) in what is Nkorho's post, and basically they said that KT did the chase, and then even saying: 

Quote:For the next fifteen minutes the four young rivals tactically took Kinky Tail apart, before the arrival of Mr T. Where he had been I am not sure and his arrival was less the heroic, first stumbling through a hole and then approaching the tussle seeming unsure of what was happening as if he expected Kinky tail to be dominating the dispute.

(04-23-2018, 05:41 PM)HouseOfLions Wrote: I don't want to clog of this thread with old information. That would be very rude.

Agreed.

(04-23-2018, 06:33 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 05:41 PM)HouseOfLions Wrote: I did find an old Facebook post that says that kinky and T did start chasing the manginjis away but T gave if up for some reason.

Yeah, I was rechecking earlier in the Mapogo thread, (page 41, post #605) in what is Nkorho's post, and basically they said that KT did the chase, and then even saying: 

Quote:For the next fifteen minutes the four young rivals tactically took Kinky Tail apart, before the arrival of Mr T. Where he had been I am not sure and his arrival was less the heroic, first stumbling through a hole and then approaching the tussle seeming unsure of what was happening as if he expected Kinky tail to be dominating the dispute.

(04-23-2018, 05:41 PM)HouseOfLions Wrote: I don't want to clog of this thread with old information. That would be very rude.

Agreed.

Last post - 

T and Kinky were together after the 5th manginjis fight (licking their wounds and stuff). When the manginjis roared that night, they both roared back. They were together. The separation came in after the chase where T just left kinky. Now I don't want to be like those fanatics that say T was tranquilized or stupid stuff like that but 1 thing is for sure, T gave up the chase.

Kinky did the main chase but T was initially there.

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

I don't think I posted this one, about Scar nose's death.

From the Safari Live show.  A lot of things spot on(with the exception of the lads having cubs with the Nkuhumas, Torchwoods and Ximhugwes), he also forgot the Sparta pride but it was a good tribute to Scar nose.

2 users Like Tshokwane's post

Musa15 Offline

(04-23-2018, 03:19 AM)HouseOfLions Wrote: The 5th did inflict some injuries but that didn't slow the mlowathis down at all. 

This would appear to be a contradiction.

Quote: Infact, both of them were chasing the 4 manginjis away. At some point in this chase, T gave up but KT continued.

As even the sources you provided(or didn't, as they conveniently 'disappeared') leave it open ended much like my statement, the only explanation plausible for KT and Mr. T being seperated at such a crucial moment would be the injuries they suffered by the 5th Majingilane reported by rangers. Which hardly makes my earlier statement you find grievances with incorrect, in that the 5th Majin's death helped his brothers win that crucial battle.

Quote: Now I don't want to be like those fanatics 
2 users Like Musa15's post

Musa15 Offline

(04-23-2018, 09:57 PM)Tshokwane Wrote: I don't think I posted this one, about Scar nose's death.

From the Safari Live show.  A lot of things spot on(with the exception of the lads having cubs with the Nkuhumas, Torchwoods and Ximhugwes), he also forgot the Sparta pride but it was a good tribute to Scar nose.

That reminds me. Poor Golden Mane seems to be forgotten. HS and SN got tributes and it shows that closure is important for those who follow these magnificent animals. We know what happened to them, but GM vanished and I think that was the real turning point for this coalition.
1 user Likes Musa15's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(04-23-2018, 11:00 PM)Musa15 Wrote: That reminds me. Poor Golden Mane seems to be forgotten. HS and SN got tributes and it shows that closure is important for those who follow these magnificent animals.

Yeah, it's different because he wasn't ever found and it's also a bit harder to close it without seeing the body, at least for some it is.

However, this:

It isn't the same, but it's something.

I expect Londolozi to write an article as tribute to them some day soon, and it will also be posted here as always.
6 users Like Tshokwane's post

(04-23-2018, 06:49 PM)HouseOfLions Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 06:33 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:

Agreed.

Last post - 

T and Kinky were together after the 5th manginjis fight (licking their wounds and stuff). When the manginjis roared that night, they both roared back. They were together. The separation came in after the chase where T just left kinky. Now I don't want to be like those fanatics that say T was tranquilized or stupid stuff like that but 1 thing is for sure, T gave up the chase.

Kinky did the main chase but T was initially there.

(04-23-2018, 10:47 PM)Musa15 Wrote:
(04-23-2018, 03:19 AM)HouseOfLions Wrote: The 5th did inflict some injuries but that didn't slow the mlowathis down at all. 

This would appear to be a contradiction.

Quote: Infact, both of them were chasing the 4 manginjis away. At some point in this chase, T gave up but KT continued.

As even the sources you provided(or didn't, as they conveniently 'disappeared') leave it open ended much like my statement, the only explanation plausible for KT and Mr. T being seperated at such a crucial moment would be the injuries they suffered by the 5th Majingilane reported by rangers. Which hardly makes my earlier statement you find grievances with incorrect, in that the 5th Majin's death helped his brothers win that crucial battle.

Quote: Now I don't want to be like those fanatics 
What is the contradiction? I said they were hurt but that didn't stop kinky and T from chasing them.

Actually, that is absolutely wrong. When T came in much later, HE SHOWED NO SIGNS OF INJURY. In fact, kinky took the worse of it as he was bitten on the paw. T wasn't injured much at all.

The 5th maginjis death did nothing at all. You are making this up. What caused the Mlowathis downfall was the separation and Kinky tail's overconfidence. That separation didn't happen because of the injury, it happened because T didn't want to chase them any longer, as they were already running away, but kinky did. And he paid the price for it.

Chris Offline

(04-22-2018, 01:50 PM)vinodkumarn Wrote: Had the 5th Majingalane has stayed with them... likely they would have separated at some point of time and formed 2 coalitions.. which would not have been good for them..

Wrong, they would have stayed together just like the rest of them.
2 users Like Chris's post