There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

United States sundarbans Offline
( This post was last modified: 04-15-2018, 09:24 PM by sundarbans )

When was the last known sighting of the Golden Mane and did he appear injured/starving then? I remember seeing a video a month or so ago which showed him limping quite badly because of an injury to a front leg.

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(04-15-2018, 09:23 PM)sundarbans Wrote: When was the last known sighting of the Golden Mane and did he appear injured/starving then?

I think it was late february. 

As to how he looked, I think he was a bit thin, but otherwise he looked ok. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

Some say he had an injury caused by a buffalo, but I don't know about that, I never saw anything of that, and it's more tales than anything; one starts saying it and the rest repeats it, but I saw no decent report of it.
6 users Like Tshokwane's post

United States ShakaMapogo Offline
Scythian

@Leroy 
Got a modification that you responded to the post but it doesn’t exist.

United Kingdom Leroy Offline

(04-15-2018, 07:36 PM)Abomai Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 04:37 PM)Leroy Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 04:13 AM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 03:49 AM)Michael Wrote: If the BB'S killed him it doesn't matter if he was barely alive when they got there they were still the ones killing him, regardless of how able he was to fight back plus the guide supposedly was present when they fought.

Yet the little of info I have been able to gather suggest nothing of the fight, nothing at all seen by the rangers, merely some wounds that were not fatal.

My advice to all of you is to slow down with the speculations because it leads to nothing, especially with the lack of a report from the people that's actually there. 

Until there's some solid evidence outside of some words said by someone invisible, then we best let go of the subject and discuss other lions.

Thank you.

Rangers don't always blog. Their job is to take care of the tourists and manage the conservation of the areas. Their job is not to hop on to the internet and blog to the devoted lion followers. They have long shifts and a lot of stuff that happens doesn't actually get blogged or reported. I have been to sabi and followed charleston around, none of that made it on to the blogs, or the impending demise of one of the leopards there.

In this instance, we have to work with the facts. Scar nose was found dead with lion esque wounds on his back and the confrontation with Birminghams was witnessed by a singita ranger. The only doubt is whether the Birminghams killed him outright or if sn managed to escape and then got finished off via starvation or hyenas. This is all facts bro. Straight from the rangers themselves, the only speculation is people that refuse to believe it because it hasn't been blogged. When someone provides you facts, it's wise to listen, instead of speculating and asking for a ranger to post something which might not even happen. Let's just accept it and move on and find whats happening to dark mane

I understand Tshokwane's stance in this matter. He's not only a reference here, but also a moderator. It's good for the health of the community to have someone like him that needs the facts to be backed by proof. TRabbit on the other hand is a good poster, but when it comes to the Majingilane anything he posts can be heavily romanticized.

I didn't realise he was a moderator. As for facts backed by proof, not sure how much more proof you need when I have given you a photo of scar nose with obvious puncture wounds to the flank and have confirmation from a ranger of 10 years. If that's not proof then my time at this forum may be swift. I came here to post the proof, definitive and concrete. Not to get into detective Sherlock Holmes and having a my source is better than your source debate. Apparently if a ranger doesnt blog it, it doesnt count? And it seems in my short time here there are a few ranger demigods, if they don't mention it, it didn't happen? Bullshit man. If thats what you limit yourself to, you are missing out on many other conversations. I trust my source 100%. If you choose to believe, great, if not, we will both carry on with our lives.

United Kingdom Leroy Offline

(04-16-2018, 06:24 AM)ShakaMapogo Wrote: @Leroy 

What's that Bro? I posted a response to you but it's nowhere to be seen. This is confusing. Posts aren't appearing.

Canada stronghold Offline

Leroy please relax, He is not even disregarding what your claiming. He is gathering more facts and information to confirmed your claim.Theres no need to get hostile to each other.
3 users Like stronghold's post

Scythian

(04-16-2018, 08:15 AM)Leroy Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 06:24 AM)ShakaMapogo Wrote: @Leroy 

What's that Bro? I posted a response to you but it's nowhere to be seen. This is confusing. Posts aren't appearing.

A moderator must had deleted it.

United States Sooper Offline
New Join

Rob the Ranger said it was a fight with a hyena clan.  In the end it doesn’t matter since he wasn’t in any condition to defend himself from lions or hyenas.
3 users Like Sooper's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(04-16-2018, 08:13 AM)Leroy Wrote: I came here to post the proof, definitive and concrete. Not to get into detective Sherlock Holmes and having a my source is better than your source debate. Apparently if a ranger doesnt blog it, it doesnt count? And it seems in my short time here there are a few ranger demigods, if they don't mention it, it didn't happen?

That's about it, as far as I'm concerned. 

Because you and I and most of the rest reading this things and following lions on the internet are behind a computer.

The guides and the rangers are there everyday, and if it wasn't for them we wouldn't even get the chance of knowing all of this.

As for the pics you presented, those are cool and suggest he was in some kind of fight or at least a skirmish like hyenas mount up. That's all it suggests, having none of the real signs a lion killed in a fight has, as I commented in some posts back.

And also, one more thing. I don't like to be told how to do my job, and in any case that's what Sanjay and the other moderators are here for.

While I do appreciate the contribution of the pictures, that doesn't mean I'm suddenly going to bend to your interpreation of it just because.

So, ease up on the profanities, take it down a notch and change the subject. Or stay silent, if you find that you can't.

Then, when new evidence, such as a post from the lodge, a monthly report such as singita does, is posted and new light shines upon this ubject, we're going to be able to discuss this again. 

This is the third time I say it, and I don't like to repeat myself more than three times.  

Thank you.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Rob the Ranger.

Update on the Majingilane 3 days ago, uploaded on the community tab of his youtube channel.

Loved by some, reviled by others, the Majingilanes have been kings for years but now they have fallen to the only challenge they could not overcome - time. Hipscar has been gone for over a year, Golden Mane has been MIA for weeks and yesterday Scar Nose was found deceased after a battle with a hyena clan. Only Dark Mane may still be alive but half blind, half deaf, and with worn out teeth his days are also numbered.

For now their territory remains unclaimed but the Birmingham males are on the move...
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Craig Parsons.

The eys of a Warrior, the eyes of a King!

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to MalaMala.

On Sunday we viewed a male lion in the Manyelethi River. He was in extremely poor condition and we have yet to confirm his ID but believe it’s the last surviving member of the Manyeleti male coalition or a Clarendon male.

https://www.facebook.com/malamalagameres...=3&theater
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

Scythian

(04-16-2018, 07:26 PM)Tshokwane Wrote: Credits to MalaMala.

On Sunday we viewed a male lion in the Manyelethi River. He was in extremely poor condition and we have yet to confirm his ID but believe it’s the last surviving member of the Manyeleti male coalition or a Clarendon male.

https://www.facebook.com/malamalagameres...=3&theater
It’s horrible that his misery keeps dragging out....

Russian Federation George Offline

Dm is still alive,the king is a bad boy refuse to go down RESPECT!!
3 users Like George's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(04-16-2018, 08:40 PM)ShakaMapogo Wrote: It’s horrible that his misery keeps dragging out....

It's the way of the wild. 

It happens to any animal that doesn't die young, be it eaten for herbivores or killed ina  fight for carnivores.

Wanting to spare him this is natural, but I don't see a good  enough reason to give him a quick end when countless other animals will have to go through it, because we can't interven on each and every case.

And even if we could, it wouldn't be the wild anymore. We are not God, it's not for us to decide such things.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post