There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(09-12-2017, 07:14 PM)Michael Wrote: no idea if they manage to have cubs but if they did they were killed by the Matimbas

I don't know if they were long enough with them to sire cubs. 

What I do know is that after them, the one that took the Nkuhumas was the one called Sizanani(one of the now Thanda Impi males) and his brother, and only then the Matimbas chased them away.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(09-12-2017, 07:16 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 07:14 PM)Michael Wrote: no idea if they manage to have cubs but if they did they were killed by the Matimbas

What I do know is that after them, the one that took the Nkuhumas was the one called Sizanani(one of the now Thanda Impi males) and his brother, and only then the Matimbas chased them away.

Hmmm, I remember Matimbas killed one of the dominant lions of the pride and took over. I think 3 of the females in the pride are sired by Matimbas. Only 1 male (Junior)
1 user Likes vinodkumarn's post

Michael Offline

Yeah I don't remember reading anything about cubs being killed I think they didn't stay with the pride long enough to produce offspring I think they simply just left
1 user Likes Michael's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

The other Thanda impi male (Skorro) also lost his brother to Matimbas I think and then he formed coilation with Sizanani and became dominant over couple of prides. Birmingham Pride and Mbri pride. (Matimbas were dominant over Mbri pride till then)
1 user Likes vinodkumarn's post

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

When majingilanes arrived at north ss the nkuhumas were with the gijima males, not sizanani. If im not wrong the sizananis were sons of blondie and dozie with the nkuhuma girls. The nkuhumas are their mothers and aunts not wife. 
 I think majingilanes never mated with nkuhumas maybe some fake estrus mating. After killed kt and chased away mr.t the majingilanes stolen some buffalo carcass from nkuhumas and gijimas at djuma. There is a video of djuma about this event. And then nkuhumas and gijimas moved to north and matimbas pushed the gijimas out of reserve taking over the pride.
2 users Like T Rabbit's post

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

A new war begins: 
MAJINGILANES vs MANTIMAHLES
Sees that scar nose noticed the presence of 4 mantimhales near him and kambulas at mala mala. So he roared calling dark mane and 3 tooth

Dark mane listening his brother calls. Darke mane and golden mane go to east until scar nose position

Majingilanes regroup and waiting. The four mantimahles are not so far 

Now are two brutal and agressive coalitions very close to a war. The brother power of majingilanes against the prime agressivity of mantimahles.

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like T Rabbit's post

United Kingdom Agerceno Offline

(09-12-2017, 10:42 PM)T Rabbit Wrote: When majingilanes arrived at north ss the nkuhumas were with the gijima males, not sizanani. If im not wrong the sizananis were sons of blondie and dozie with the nkuhuma girls. The nkuhumas are their mothers and aunts not wife. 
 I think majingilanes never mated with nkuhumas maybe some fake estrus mating. After killed kt and chased away mr.t the majingilanes stolen some buffalo carcass from nkuhumas and gijimas at djuma. There is a video of djuma about this event. And then nkuhumas and gijimas moved to north and matimbas pushed the gijimas out of reserve taking over the pride.

I think you are correct about everything apart from the Matimba's  pushing the Gijima's out. The Gijima's were destroyed in February 2011 because 1 male & a male cub escaped through the Manyeleti fence twice. When the authorities shot the male & cub the other adult male was hit accidentally. It took them a week to track him & when they found him, he was euthanized because of his injuries.
4 users Like Agerceno's post

Canada stronghold Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-13-2017, 05:12 AM by stronghold )

interesting time for both coalition, hope majingis can fend off the younger coaltion. 2nd Gen Mhangeni still need protection
1 user Likes stronghold's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat
( This post was last modified: 09-13-2017, 05:41 AM by sik94 )

The birminghams also are regularly being seen around northern to central malamala. It could turn into a three-way battle if the mantimahle actually challenge the majingalanes and the instability entices the birminghams into it.
2 users Like sik94's post

Prime vs Experience, It looks like its going to be the final stand for the Majingilanes.
1 user Likes stronghold's post

Sikander Hayat
( This post was last modified: 09-13-2017, 06:29 AM by sik94 )

(09-13-2017, 06:18 AM)stronghold Wrote: Prime vs Experience, It looks like its going to be the final stand for the Majingilanes.

The mantimahles are not inexperienced lions, I don't think experience will give the majingalanes an advantage in this fight.

( This post was last modified: 09-13-2017, 06:56 AM by stronghold )

I didn't say the mantis are not experienced. I am not talking about fighting skills. Following the Majingis for a while based on everything documented about them. They are the coalition who are wise to engage or not to engage. if all out brawl broke out 3 old lions vs 4 massive lions in their prime, we know the end results. The Manjis are experienced in lion warfare. Thats why they survived this long.
2 users Like stronghold's post

Sikander Hayat

I get what you mean. I am just saying this is not the first time the mantimahle will attempt a takeover, experience works well mostly only against younger lions.

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

I think the majingilanes will stay together and try to explore some weakness over mantimahles like some split. Maybe if they fight, majingis could be stronger in the union and the mantimahles just fall back or lost someone. But if mantimahles would be well united too in the combat they have advantage as they have the numbers and age on their sides. 
  But majingis are more experience than mantis. Mantimahles are not younger lions. They kill and conquer already but they not faced nothing like majingis faced to build their kingdom. I mean strong adult coalitions like mapogos and selatis.
2 users Like T Rabbit's post

United States Fredymrt Offline
( This post was last modified: 09-14-2017, 09:20 AM by Fredymrt )

MALAMALA TODAY: September 13th.

6 lion sightings:

Quite a lot of the action went down in the Sand River close to Main Camp this morning involving the Manyelethi males, the Kambula pride and the Marthly pride. This left the Marthly pride fractured- 1 lioness was seen running away from the males, another was at Maturni Rocks and 2 of the subadult males were south of Campbelil Koppies. The 4 Mantimahle males headed back south and were found in the northern parts of Toulon. The 2 Eyrefield lionesses were seen along Sibuye Drive. The Matshipiri male was in Emsagwen Open Area.
2 users Like Fredymrt's post