There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 9 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

5 users Like T Rabbit's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

A male lion in Londolzi Private Game Reserve, South Africa. (Dark Mane)
Credits: fp1198photography

5 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

In twighlight we found this one of two surviving coalition lions. Originally there were five brothers and they ruled all of Singita, killing over 130 other lions during their reign.
Credits: Roland Frasier

*This image is copyright of its original author
2 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Michael Offline

(09-12-2017, 02:10 AM)vinodkumarn Wrote: In twighlight we found this one of two surviving coalition lions. Originally there were five brothers and they ruled all of Singita, killing over 130 other lions during their reign.

one of two surviving coalition lions. Originally there were five brothers and they ruled all of Singita, killing over 130 other lions during their reign. 

What is he talking about ?
1 user Likes Michael's post

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(09-12-2017, 02:20 AM)Michael Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 02:10 AM)vinodkumarn Wrote: In twighlight we found this one of two surviving coalition lions. Originally there were five brothers and they ruled all of Singita, killing over 130 other lions during their reign.

one of two surviving coalition lions. Originally there were five brothers and they ruled all of Singita, killing over 130 other lions during their reign. 

What is he talking about ?

I think Majis only who are dominant in Singita
When they entered sabi sands they were 5 strong and lost one member to Mr.T and KT
Another member (Hipscar) was died recently
1 user Likes vinodkumarn's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(09-12-2017, 02:20 AM)Michael Wrote: What is he talking about ?

It sounds more like a tourist talking about what he heard of them, rather than a guide.
3 users Like Tshokwane's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

killed over 130 lions? lmao. Whoever captioned that image must have been high.
4 users Like sik94's post

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

3 users Like T Rabbit's post

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(09-12-2017, 03:43 AM)sik94 Wrote: killed over 130 lions? lmao. Whoever captioned that image must have been high.

I second you.
They Killed KT, 2 Selatis and few Lionesses and cubs/subadults sired by other males.

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

I think they were dominant over Fourways pride first.. even before they clashed with Mr.T and KT
While trying to expand their territory and get more prides they came across Mr.T and KT, Please correct me if I am wrong.
Then they took over Nkuhumas, Styx and Tsalalas.
After a while took Sparta/Eyerfield.
Then in west they took Mhangenis and then Othawas from Selatis.
I don't think Selatis sired any cubs with Mhangenis by the time Majis took over. 

@Tshokwane Please correct me if I am wrong.

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(09-12-2017, 08:48 AM)vinodkumarn Wrote: I think they were dominant over Fourways pride first.. even before they clashed with Mr.T and KT
While trying to expand their territory and get more prides they came across Mr.T and KT, Please correct me if I am wrong.
I don't think Selatis sired any cubs with Mhangenis by the time Majis took over. 

It's close, but they only became dominant over prides after killing KT.

The first prides they tookover where the Fourways pride and the Styx pride, the latter one accepting them surprisingly quickly( they had never wanted Kinky tail and T, for some reason).

Then they started switching the interest towards the Sparta and Tsalala prides, eventually leaving the Fourways and Styx prides behind, think 2011-12.

They also tookover the Mangheni pride, the daughters of their Tsalala wives, when they came of age.

Around mid 2014, they conquered the west, taking over the Othawa and Ximhungwe prides out of the Selati males, and killed most of the cubs there.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Craig Parsons.

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to S. D. H. 3T.

I don't say the footage belongs to him, but he made the compilation, so credit where it's due. In that channel there's always nice videos posted about the boys, so check it out.

Scar nose first with his daughters, then Dark mane and Golden mane afterwards.

Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(09-12-2017, 05:50 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 08:48 AM)vinodkumarn Wrote: I think they were dominant over Fourways pride first.. even before they clashed with Mr.T and KT

The first prides they tookover where the Fourways pride and the Styx pride, the latter one accepting them surprisingly quickly( they had never wanted Kinky tail and T, for some reason).

Then they started switching the interest towards the Sparta and Tsalala prides, eventually leaving the Fourways and Styx prides behind, think 2011-12.

They also tookover the Mangheni pride, the daughters of their Tsalala wives, when they came of age.

Around mid 2014, they conquered the west, taking over the Othawa and Ximhungwe prides out of the Selati males, and killed most of the cubs there.

Thanks!
I think they were dominant over Nkuhumas as well at some point of time.
Aren't there any cubs with them raised to independence?

Michael Offline

(09-12-2017, 07:35 PM)vinodkumarn Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 05:50 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:

Thanks!
I think they were dominant over Nkuhumas as well at some point of time.
Aren't there any cubs with them raised to independence?
They did dominate over the Nkuhumas but if I'm not mistaken it was only for a short period of time then they decided to move South to Londolozi and left the area, no idea if they manage to have cubs but if they did they were killed by the Matimbas
1 user Likes Michael's post